2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Well, It's Clean and Unscheduled, Thoughts on Navigation System Shortage?

Search this Thread

Old 4/5/07, 06:03 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, It's Clean and Unscheduled, Thoughts on Navigation System Shortage?

So I called the ERL this afternoon (ordered on 3/26, revised interior color on 4/2) and my GT is "Clean and Unscheduled." That's great and all, I mean at least my order is in the system, but this late in the model year, any idea when I should be concerned about the car not getting built (I know, I know, it's only been a week or so; must... be... patient)?

I know we've talked about this a little already, but I'm really wondering how long it will take since I ordered the navigation system. I've seen on here (Hollywood) and now on some other sites (for the F-series line) that Pioneer may not have any nav systems for Ford until sometime in April... and my order might not get pulled until May. Well, that was the word on the trucks, but I think they're already building '08s, so I'm sure that means anything for 'stangs.

Any thoughts? Sorry if I'm buggin' y'all. I know I'm acting like my two year old son does when he wants his "Lightning McQueen" car (i.e. he wants it now!) So much for being a grown up...

Thanks y'all!

Jesse
Old 4/5/07, 06:25 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No need to apologize for your anxiety - I think lots of people have been there.

All I know about the NAV systems is that it was being held up on commodity control with the Mustang. Pioneer will supply them still, but because of the shortage, they get prioritized for the more expensive vehicles first, starting with Lincoln, then working down from there. Because of this, my sales manager told me that no more were alloted for Mustangs for the foreseeable future, which is why he could not reorder my car.

But if no-one has told you "you can't have it now," I don't see why you should have any problem with your order.
Old 4/5/07, 06:30 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
But if no-one has told you "you can't have it now," I don't see why you should have any problem with your order.
Unless my dealer isn't being straight with me. Although, I thought that if the order was "clean" then there's nothing on it that would make it a no build (it might be be late, but it would still get built.... eventually). Is that right?
Old 4/5/07, 06:50 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by Geek_In_A_Stang
Unless my dealer isn't being straight with me. Although, I thought that if the order was "clean" then there's nothing on it that would make it a no build (it might be be late, but it would still get built.... eventually). Is that right?
I can't see why your dealer wouldn't be straight with you at this point. He only sets himself up for you to reject the vehicle when it comes in if it is lacking in any way.

What does your printed order say? It should be listed on there as '58X DVD NAV SYS'. If it's on there, then that means the computer let him enter it, and if there haven't been any red flags subsequently, I would wager you're getting it.
Old 4/5/07, 06:57 PM
V6 Member

It's definitely on the VOC (the real one, not the prelim one they used for pricing), so hopefully that's means I'm good to go. I'll just be nervous until I get that VIN I suppose!
Old 4/5/07, 07:10 PM
Closet American

It's definitely on the VOC (the real one, not the prelim one they used for pricing), so hopefully that's means I'm good to go.
Well, if it's on there, then you'll be getting it.

Meanwhile, have a beer and try to relax.
Old 4/5/07, 07:16 PM
V6 Member

Ah, relaxing.... I remember that... back before the two year old, the 9 month old, the hyper-active dog, the house, and the honey-do list.
Old 4/5/07, 07:19 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Well, if it's on there, then you'll be getting it.

Meanwhile, have a beer and try to relax.

Good luck with that! Everybody here understands your anxiety....hang in there!
Old 4/5/07, 07:22 PM
Closet American

Ah, relaxing.... I remember that... back before the two year old, the 9 month old, the hyper-active dog, the house, and the honey-do list.
I hear ya.

If it makes you feel any better, my car has been here for over a week now, sitting at the dealership. I haven't been able to pick her up yet because we're waiting for the new interior to be installed (happening next Wednesday).

So you wanna talk about frustration...? It's here and I can't have it yet.

I think I'm going to go to the refrigerator now and see if I can find a little cheese to go with my whine.
Old 4/5/07, 07:31 PM
V6 Member

we're waiting for the new interior to be installed (happening next Wednesday).
By the way, what'd you end up getting? (You mentioned something about custom interior after your order got screwed up) Maybe some fine Italian leather?
Old 4/5/07, 07:40 PM
Closet American

Maybe some fine Italian leather?
Fine Corinthian leather.

Seriously, these are the pics of my car.

And here is exactly what the new interior will look like.
Old 4/5/07, 07:51 PM
V6 Member

Sweet! But dude, you're killin' me with those pics of your redfire (same color as mine). I'm droolin' here. Oh, it's gonna be a fun summer...
Old 4/5/07, 07:59 PM
Cobra Member

My car was ordered on 3/23 and has been serialized and VINd with a build week of 4/16. From what I understand VINs are assigned Thursday nights so check in tomorrow. I'm in the process of tracking the first car my dealer ordered (wrong) so I know about how long it will take to get here. It was built on 3/26 and shipped on 3/29.

I saw a NAV unit on ebay earlier today if it becomes an issue...
Old 4/5/07, 08:13 PM
V6 Member

Cool. I'll check tomorrow.
Old 4/5/07, 08:21 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,753 Likes on 2,037 Posts
So I called the ERL this afternoon (ordered on 3/26, revised interior color on 4/2) and my GT is "Clean and Unscheduled." That's great and all, I mean at least my order is in the system, but this late in the model year, any idea when I should be concerned about the car not getting built (I know, I know, it's only been a week or so; must... be... patient)?

I know we've talked about this a little already, but I'm really wondering how long it will take since I ordered the navigation system. I've seen on here (Hollywood) and now on some other sites (for the F-series line) that Pioneer may not have any nav systems for Ford until sometime in April... and my order might not get pulled until May. Well, that was the word on the trucks, but I think they're already building '08s, so I'm sure that means anything for 'stangs.

Any thoughts? Sorry if I'm buggin' y'all. I know I'm acting like my two year old son does when he wants his "Lightning McQueen" car (i.e. he wants it now!) So much for being a grown up...

Thanks y'all!

Jesse
This Close I would wait for an 08! BTMO! Order Bank Opens 04/16 BTW As of Todays DNB The Nav Systen is on HIGH Scheduling Risk.

kc
Old 4/5/07, 08:33 PM
V6 Member

I'll keep checking the status. If we run into 4/16 and still no VIN, I might cancel and re-order. If I get a decent priority, what's the arrival date of the '08s? ...somewhere in August?

If the order guide comes out and says that Nav's available in '08, I might really have to think about it. If I could get my $1k deposit back, I might look at switching dealers too. For now, I'm sittin' tight on my order.
Old 4/5/07, 10:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Last year when I was looking , I had a 06 car on order with a May 8th build. The dealer screwed up the order and somehow (dont even ask!!) ordered me a redfire auto deluxe, instead of a stick vista blue premuim. Not one option matched. In truth, I think they sold my car out from under me. But they called and told me the last week in April.

At that point, my choice was a mid July build for an 07, or find an 06 on the lot.

After calling like 30 dealers, I called one a few hours away and gave him the option list, he said we have that exact car I wanted (every **** option) being delivered tomorrow. I gave him a deposit and the rest was history.

Sometimes things go right I guess.
Old 4/6/07, 10:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by 05stangkc
BTW As of Todays DNB The Nav Systen is on HIGH Scheduling Risk.

kc
What does "high scheduling risk" mean? (curious)
Old 4/6/07, 04:33 PM
V6 Member

I think it means I need to keep my fingers crossed...
Old 4/6/07, 07:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
This Close I would wait for an 08! BTMO! Order Bank Opens 04/16 BTW As of Todays DNB The Nav Systen is on HIGH Scheduling Risk.

kc
That's the best advice. I ordered my '07 this time last year (two weeks after the order bank opened) and I had my car in my hands by the end of June. You're so close now, what's another 4 weeks?

Quick Reply: Well, It's Clean and Unscheduled, Thoughts on Navigation System Shortage?