2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Well the hammer dropped....

Search this Thread

Old 5/26/05, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I found out that I'm not getting a 2005. I was dissapointed to say the least and I was quite pissed as well. Ford really has to do a better job at handling demand, like increasing production of what is in demand when they see the huge demand, and not months after the fact. I'm 27 and I've bought 3 brand new Fords already....my family has bought 8 new Fords since 1999, and they're all from the same dealership. I've been mistreated, lied to and misinformed all along the way. My priority was changed (I ordered on X-Plan) so that people without plans who ordered after me would get their car before me. Plus, the dealership $%&#ed up on my extended warranty on my 2002. It was cancelled by me, but (within the Ford 30 day time limit) it was supposed to be reinstated. The finance manager left the dealership and never reinstated it after I asked him to do so 2 weeks after cancellation. When I cancelled, I was told I was to have a check within 10 days. After not getting the check and telling him I wanted it reinstated, not getting the check made me think it was reinstated. I called a few days prior to the 30 days passing, and asked to speak to the finance manager. I was told he left and spoke to his replacement. I told him I wanted to make sure the warranty was reinstated and he took all my information from me and told me he'd call me back. I never got a call back. I got a refund check about a month and a half after the initial cancellation. I was told there was nothing they could do. So I had to get ANOTHER extended warranty at a cost of $580 to me. I am ticked. I am writing a letter to FoMoCo with a CC to the dealership. I have a 2002 Mustang GT Convertible, which I am keeping and a 1998 Chevy Malibu (station car). But rather then get a 2006 Mustang, which I was offered and I was offered a very high priority for 2006, I think I am going to look at the 350Z, the Corvette and an M3. The dealer made a mistake here. I didn't NEED the car, I wanted it. So now I think I don't NEED to buy from Ford anymore. I can go elsewhere and get a car without the aggrevation that I've had to deal with the past 2+ months. Screw this BS.....
Old 5/26/05, 01:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

If you wanted a 05 mutang so badly, why don't you buy w/o X-plan. X-planners can get the shaft as you're finding out.

Yes, you'll pay more, but you may actually own an 05 instead of dreaming about it.
Old 5/26/05, 01:18 PM
Bullitt Member

I ordered in Oct.... car came in Feb... the dealer honored the X Plan for 2K, but then raped me on the trade for 2K... They got their money back.... everybody was happy
Old 5/26/05, 01:23 PM
Bullitt Member

The 05 dream has turned into a nightmare many months ago...way to go Ford :notnice:
Old 5/26/05, 01:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

It appears that the problem isn't that you can't get an 05 GT - it's that some of you are insisting on X-plan or A-plan.
Old 5/26/05, 01:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

I tihnk you're blowig it a little out of proportion. Yeah Ford screwed up, but there's nothign the dealers can do about the wait. And Ford did what they could to make up for it. They got that plant working tons of overtime. I'm grateful regardless.....
Old 5/26/05, 01:39 PM

Originally posted by LordBritish@May 26, 2005, 2:32 PM
It appears that the problem isn't that you can't get an 05 GT - it's that some of you are insisting on X-plan or A-plan.
lord I gatta dissagree, I'm ordering one within the month, and the dealer already told me that the wait is approx 5-6 months...

I'm going to wait, mainly because I don't "Need" a new car. But, there's no one on this board that can possibly dissagre with me when I say that it's simply ridiculus that costumers are forced to wait 6 months..

for a BMW the wait is 2 months, and i'm sorry but no matter how u look at it, Ford is not BMW.

personally I think it shows poor leadership and poor planning by ford.

And, I must say that the ONLY reason why i'm willing to wait is because there's NO COMPETETION for the mustang.

Because I'm sure that 50% of the buyers who are being forced to wait 6months would go to a competitor, if there was one.

I can honestly say that IF the firebird or a camaro was out, and they were similar to the mustang as far as quality looks etc. then there's no way i'd be waiting.

But, hey lets face it the new Stang is lovely, and it's the only one in It's class...

hopefully when the stang arrives it will have been worth the wait.

that's my 2 cents.
Old 5/26/05, 01:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Frank, it will be worth the wait. I waited almost 4 months.

And to the original poster, I agree that Ford should have done some things better to ramp up production, but from the sounds of your post, most of the blame is with the dealer. If they moved your priority around to service other orders in front of you, they are the ones at fault, not Ford. Let's face it, greedy dealers will do some very shaddy stuff, as many people have shared on this board. I don't blame you for not wanting to wait anymore, but let's put the blame where it's deserved - the dealer!
Old 5/26/05, 01:56 PM
Cobra Member

I don't know if it's poor planning... if you look at the sales of GTs in the last 5 years, according to Ford, it has only been about 25-35% of the total mustang sales(meaning, 65-75% of the sales were V6s) that's why they had to put incentives for the cars to leave the lots. When I ordered my car in April, X-plan I might add, 68% of the orderbank was GTs, and 38% of total sales up to that point belong to the GTs. I don't think Ford had faith in the new product, I don't think they knew it was going to be such a success, and is as simple as supply and demand, there's demand, they have no capacity to supply all of it.
I agree with the people here, if MikeT77 really wanted an 05, should've done it right of the lot, or with no plan, 'cause if you are willing to spend that much more on a 350Z, or a Corvette or an M3, you didn't need an x-plan to buy the dream car people want to drive nowadays.
Old 5/26/05, 01:59 PM
Cobra R Member

I have bought 7 cars from 5 different dealers since 1992. When a dealer does me wrong or slights me I go down the street. Some dealers are bad apples, and some folks within dealers are bad apples. Assign blame accordingly.

MIKeT77, your main gripe is with your dealer, not Ford.
Old 5/26/05, 02:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by LordBritish@May 26, 2005, 1:32 PM
Z - plan here, no problems..well except the incredible wait..
Old 5/26/05, 02:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Join the club.
Old 5/26/05, 02:20 PM
Bullitt Member

sorry to hear about the bad news, and I don't wan't to bash anyone, but with a car this popular, why did some people wait so long to order?
Old 5/26/05, 02:23 PM

Originally posted by bigaloz@May 26, 2005, 3:23 PM
sorry to hear about the bad news, and I don't wan't to bash anyone, but with a car this popular, why did some people wait so long to order?
because maybe some people didn't have the money?
Old 5/26/05, 02:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

First off let me say that I cant even imagine going through what you guys have gone through when it comes to the insane wait and cancellations. I am really sorry.

With that said, here is the problem guys IMO. I could be wrong but this is just a thought. The 05's are nice but every Mustang fan including others wants one. Now if Ford tried to keep all these people happy they would probably have to build an impossible amount of Stangs. Were probable talking an amount in the millions.

Now what Ford should do is is tell the dealers that this year you can order x amount of Mustangs and we will send you another x amount. If this amount is 10 Stangs that means that the dealer cannot put in an order higher than 10. This way dealers are not putting in crazy amounts of orders without having a clue if they will receive the vehicle or not. Also they should make it policy that when a customer places an order he leaves with a receipt. If the dealer has gone beyond his order limit, he cannot provide that receipt to the customer. With this policy the customer knows that he cannot order a Stang from this dealer and he is not waiting 5-6 moths and then gets the news that their will be no Mustang for him.

Its like a company selling tickets to a football game without knowing how many seats are availeble. You going to have many angy fans not having a seat in the stadium and many more not getting in because its full.

There needs to be some line of communication set-up. Otherwise this problem will occur in 06 as well. It will also occur everytime a new model/body is designed and the demand is there.

So what do you guys think?
Old 5/26/05, 02:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Isn't supply and demand part of the business world, come on you can get over and and stink it up. It's the way business is ran sometimes. End of story.

Matt
Old 5/26/05, 02:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 05WindveilGT@May 26, 2005, 4:29 PM
Isn't supply and demand part of the business world, come on you can get over and and stink it up. It's the way business is ran sometimes. End of story.

Matt

Sorry but you are wrong. Thats not the world of business. If they had planned on producing 200,000 vehicles they cannot turn around and produce 1,000,000 vehicles. Its not that simple. They would have to triple if not more their overtime then the companies of which make the parts for Ford would have to triple their overtime to make more parts and in return charge Ford more for those parts. Its just not that simple in the business world. I wish it was. More business sometimes decreases profit. Ford has no reason to decrease their profit because they know that out of 10 customers they might loose 1-2. Not a huge dent in their pocket because those 1-2 customers will eventually come back.

So unfortunately, its not the end of the story.
Old 5/26/05, 02:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

I never said that any company could produce 1,000,000 cars when the forecast was for 200,000 cars. If they planned on producing 200,000 units and there's a demand for 400,000 then the law would come into effect. Supply = producing the 200,000 units, demand is the 400,000, with a surpluss of 200,000 orders in demand. So where does this come into effect with what you said about producing 1,000,000 when on the blackboard they know they would not do that. Doesn't make sense to me.

Matt
Old 5/26/05, 03:10 PM
Bullitt Member

You ordered in March. If you have been on this site long you new that the GT was hard to get. You are pointing the blame at Ford. You should be pointing the blame at your dealer. He knows how many cars he is going to get. If he is only getting 15 why does he take 25 orders?

If you are a Ford person, if you like/love the Mustang, why are you looking at other cars?

I can understand someone who has been waiting since Oct, Nov, Dec. since they ordered being a little upset. But then again did there dealer take more orders than they can fill.

I think the only mistake Ford made was not putting a limit on the orders they would accept from each dealer. If Ford said blank dealer was only allocated 10 Mustangs for 2005 then once they recveived 10 orders from said dealership no more would be accepted.

There should be a web site to see your dealers order limit and how many they have recvd.

If you are a true Mustang lover you wait for the 06.
Waiting six months for a 2006. The first three months are due to they are not even building the 2006's yet.
Old 5/26/05, 03:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 05WindveilGT@May 26, 2005, 4:43 PM
I never said that any company could produce 1,000,000 cars when the forecast was for 200,000 cars. If they planned on producing 200,000 units and there's a demand for 400,000 then the law would come into effect. Supply = producing the 200,000 units, demand is the 400,000, with a surpluss of 200,000 orders in demand. So where does this come into effect with what you said about producing 1,000,000 when on the blackboard they know they would not do that. Doesn't make sense to me.

Matt
This has nothing to do with law. It has to do with meeting the projected profit without one single penny of loss. I know it sounds like well rather than selling 200,000 Stangs they will sell 400,000 so theres the profit. Its not that simple my friend. I wish it was for the sake of all these people that will not get an 05. What I am saying comes from college and personal experience from running my own office in the business world.

Do you think that if it was that simple Ford would pass the opportunity of making another 200,000 or what ever amount of vehicles or do you think they were just lazy or didnt want any more profit for the year of the 05 models. I could be wrong but it only makes sense to me. :scratch:

By the way I am not taking Fords side here. They really messed up here. It is very unfair to the Mustang fans but I am just explaining the situation by my opinion. They messed up by not being organized and thats why I recommended they do what I said in my 1st post.

Quick Reply: Well the hammer dropped....