2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Welcome to the age of the Mazstang!

Search this Thread

Old 11/11/04, 01:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And all of the workers are just "on loan" to Mazda!!! BTW, we build up to 3 Mustangs for every Mazda we build and the Mustang does have its own line in bodyshop, just so you know. Get over it, we're building the best Mustang ever!!!
Old 11/11/04, 02:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yes you are 2MustangJohn Thanks for my Redfire GT
Old 11/11/04, 02:15 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by 2MustangJohn@November 11, 2004, 3:49 PM
And all of the workers are just "on loan" to Mazda!!! BTW, we build up to 3 Mustangs for every Mazda we build and the Mustang does have its own line in bodyshop, just so you know. Get over it, we're building the best Mustang ever!!!
Can't argue with that. The 05 is the one of the best looking cars ever.
Old 11/11/04, 02:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 2MustangJohn@November 11, 2004, 2:49 PM
I agree with you and can`t wait till mine shows up (build date 11/22/04) :worship:
Old 11/11/04, 02:35 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ford has controlling interest in Mazda, I don't get what the deal over this is.
Old 11/11/04, 02:45 PM
Banned

Originally posted by mark221+November 11, 2004, 5:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mark221 @ November 11, 2004, 5:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-2MustangJohn@November 11, 2004, 2:49 PM
I agree with you and can`t wait till mine shows up (build date 11/22/04) :worship: [/b][/quote]
Remember, thats a build week, not day. So it may not start until 11-24 then get delayed for the turkey day weekend.
Old 11/11/04, 02:48 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree that the 05 Mustang is a Quantum Leap from Recent and Past Mustangs, when it comes to Fit and Finish, Quality and Materials. I for one have no problem with it, but I just hope that by Classifying it as being Built BY MAZDA for FORD, people who are Pro Domestic won't discredit it. My Dad is like that, He Will NEVER Own an Imported Car! PERIOD! The END! He Wouldn't even look at the Ford Probe as a Ford, or an American Car, even knowing that it was made here, and Designed by Ford. I know the Mustang is Made in America, by Americans, and that FORD owns Mazda basicaly, but since this is a Joint Facility, It should have been Classified as Built By Auto Alliance, or Built by Ford, in Partnership with Mazda, By Auto Alliance.

Just my 2Cents, I know how some people think, unfortunatly.
Old 11/11/04, 02:55 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by TampaBear67@November 11, 2004, 3:51 PM
I agree that the 05 Mustang is a Quantum Leap from Recent and Past Mustangs, when it comes to Fit and Finish, Quality and Materials. I for one have no problem with it, but I just hope that by Classifying it as being Built BY MAZDA for FORD, people who are Pro Domestic won't discredit it. My Dad is like that, He Will NEVER Own an Imported Car! PERIOD! The END! He Wouldn't even look at the Ford Probe as a Ford, or an American Car, even knowing that it was made here, and Designed by Ford. I know the Mustang is Made in America, by Americans, and that FORD owns Mazda basicaly, but since this is a Joint Facility, It should have been Classified as Built By Auto Alliance, or Built by Ford, in Partnership with Mazda, By Auto Alliance.

Although its hard to tell what's imported, guess it depends on your definition. A lot of cars that are built by a foreign auto company are built here in the United States by American labor. Mitsubishi Eclipse, Toyota Tundra, Nissan Altima, all built in the US. Then you have the foreign manufacturers that are owned by American companies, for example Ford controls Mazda, Jaguar, ect...
Old 11/11/04, 03:09 PM
Bullitt Member

ford ownz mazda end of discussion!
Old 11/11/04, 03:18 PM
Bullitt Member

TampaBear, there are as you say people who think along those lines. It's a nice example of how something starts out and then takes on a life on its own and everyone loses the context, what it was all about in the beginning.

"Buy American" or "Made in USA" was a domestic industry movement (lobbying, whatever) against the growing imports in the 60s, especially from Asia. To buy domestic made goods would ensure jobs and national wealth as well as keeping the foreign competition at bay. Now, for anyone that has taken classes in Economics, it's easy to debunk those claims, but they were valid back then as far as most were concerned, including planners, politicans, economists and whatnot.

So what then is the problem if a foreign company moves in, builds a plant by employing local enterprises and workers, then start building cars using local (borrowed!) labor, US citizens the lot of them, who all get a good job and money to feed their family with - money that goes back into the community.

And if they on top of that puts out a product that's *better*, who loses?

Sorry for the rant, but it's sad when people can't see beyond the tip of their own noses. What's left now in that kind of rethoric is some kind of blind nationalism that leaves a foul odor around...

My $0.02
Old 11/11/04, 04:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

I know a person who worked on the 03-04 Mustang and now works at AAI building the 05. He claims the new mustang is 100% better as far as quality.
Old 11/11/04, 06:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by JustAnotherDude@November 11, 2004, 4:21 PM
TampaBear, there are as you say people who think along those lines. It's a nice example of how something starts out and then takes on a life on its own and everyone loses the context, what it was all about in the beginning.

"Buy American" or "Made in USA" was a domestic industry movement (lobbying, whatever) against the growing imports in the 60s, especially from Asia. To buy domestic made goods would ensure jobs and national wealth as well as keeping the foreign competition at bay. Now, for anyone that has taken classes in Economics, it's easy to debunk those claims, but they were valid back then as far as most were concerned, including planners, politicans, economists and whatnot.

So what then is the problem if a foreign company moves in, builds a plant by employing local enterprises and workers, then start building cars using local (borrowed!) labor, US citizens the lot of them, who all get a good job and money to feed their family with - money that goes back into the community.

And if they on top of that puts out a product that's *better*, who loses?

Sorry for the rant, but it's sad when people can't see beyond the tip of their own noses. What's left now in that kind of rethoric is some kind of blind nationalism that leaves a foul odor around...

My $0.02
The truly sad thing is that those same people who chant, "buy American" when it comes to automobiles - and won't buy anything else - are probably watching a Japanese television and taking pictures with a Japanese camera, since North Americans gave up building that stuff decades ago.

Go figure.
Old 11/11/04, 08:13 PM
V6 Member

AAI opened in the 80s when Mazda built the plant in Flat Rock. The local Detroit economy was in the dumps and despite the "Buy American" attitude that prevailed, the company opened its doors and hired a bunch of good people who had been laid off. Honda looked into moving here to, but settled in Ohio, which proved to be a good decision for them. Anyhow, back to the original post. AAI was/is a Mazda plant. Ford has a 30+ percent controlling interest in Mazda, so it is basically a "joint" venture.

And, I detected some negativity regarding the Mazda products in the post. The Mazda6 is an excellent sedan (the hatchback and wagon are great products as well). Go look at any reviews from professional publications and owners. Its a well-built, stylish family car. Much nicer, stylewise than a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry IMO.
Old 11/11/04, 09:09 PM
GT Member

Just for the record, AAI has had quite the good track record when it comes to quality. I've known someone there for 14 years and so far the quality has only improved. Its the perfect place to build such a highly regarded model, and remember this, Ford signs the paychecks, and thats all that matters!
Old 11/11/04, 09:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by TampaBear67@November 11, 2004, 3:51 PM

I hate when people make life harder or more complicated than what it really is :notnice:
Old 11/11/04, 10:52 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by JustAnotherDude@November 11, 2004, 4:21 PM
To buy domestic made goods would ensure jobs and national wealth as well as keeping the foreign competition at bay. Now, for anyone that has taken classes in Economics, it's easy to debunk those claims, but they were valid back then as far as most were concerned, including planners, politicans, economists and whatnot.

Yes, I noticed when ever we are in a Republican economy how good things are in the US. sarcasm. The problem with their ideas is a little thing called greed. The only thing that gets trickled down comes out the bottom of your pant leg.

The auto plants in America, regardless of owner, are a good thing, but are one of the few jobs that are decent. Most of the jobs we lose to overseas are replaced with part time Wal mart jobs. The Wal mart economy will kill the US.
Old 11/11/04, 11:18 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Robert@November 11, 2004, 7:08 PM
The truly sad thing is that those same people who chant, "buy American" when it comes to automobiles - and won't buy anything else - are probably watching a Japanese television and taking pictures with a Japanese camera, since North Americans gave up building that stuff decades ago.

Go figure.
I chant Buy American and buy American whenever possible, even if it means spending an extra buck.
The only reason we don't make some items here is because everyone wants to save a buck and not support their country. New Balance shoe company is trying to stay open in US, even after everyone has been gone for years. They are down to one model being built in US because they can't compete. They don't even cost more than other shoes. Who cares that sweat shops are still around in third world countries with people locked in and still dying from fires. Nike pays like a dollar to have a shoe made and everyone has to have one for a cost of hundred bucks.
Remember about debunking an idea might be fine on paper, but the real world does not work that way. I could get much more in to it, but am already way out of line for this forum.
What about our society problems? Same ideas as our economy?
Old 11/11/04, 11:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

2MustangJohn ~ Sorry I have to disagree. You are not building the best Mustangs ever. Simply because you seem to only be building the GT's & noy MY V6, all because of the IUP. And as for the design. I would have like alittle something different. Although it is growing on me. Just my 2 cents. Of course whenever my car is made With IUP & I take delivery of it. I maybe inclined to agree with you. But I just can't do that right now. not with my can on an indefient hold while sitting in Ford's expodite order bank. Again Just my 2 cents.

Cheers mates