2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Weirdest "compliment" so far...

Search this Thread

Old 8/10/06, 02:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You should have told the guy you were with Dateline NBC and doing a story on sexual predators and asked if he had a few minutes to talk with you. I bet hestarted running
Old 8/10/06, 03:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Webba
You should have told the guy you were with Dateline NBC and doing a story on sexual predators and asked if he had a few minutes to talk with you. I bet hestarted running
ROFL!
Old 8/10/06, 04:09 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by korinwoodo
Dude man, you need to pick a side.

A) The 50 year old man "Don't bring that perversion around here"

or

B) The horny 14 year old kid person
And then you said I never understood a joke
Old 8/10/06, 04:35 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Reminisce
LOL, I would've mouthed the words "what the f---?" in pure shock and amazement.

Wierdest compliment I got was when I was driving through Pembroke Pines down here, and stopped at a light on a hot sunny day, this red C5 convertible pulls up to my driver side. I felt eyes on me, so I turned to look, and it was this byoootiful brunette with this square dude in the driver seat. She yells out "nice car, I love black", and I replied thanks. She then responds, "can she purr like me?" with a huge playful smile, so i rev it. She then goes "how are the back seats?", and the guy rips the tires and pulls off... you could see him mouthing her off as they pull off...

I was DYING laughing, like "**** someone's not happy in that relationship".
Old 8/11/06, 12:23 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I went to McDonalds because I was jonesing for a big and tasty.....I pulled up to the drive through(because I was taking it home) and the manager leans his head out and said: You like to be seen don't you? I looked at him like what the are you talking about. And said....No because yellow gets you in trouble to which he said " I bet you get in trouble all by yourself.

What did he think? I was going to hop out of my car and hump him in the parking lot? Ew. He was like 40 and works at Mcdonalds! I don't understand.

So with yellow- you get a lot of
YOU LIKE ATTENTION DON'T YOU.
Old 8/11/06, 02:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jcopin
should have said "il give your daughter something alright..but it aint the car but its just as stiff" ;p
Sorry, but I couldn't resist............
Old 8/14/06, 11:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

2 that happend to me were

1. guy stops me coming out of a shell station and asks if this was my car so i say yes of course and he responds with (brace yourselves) i just love the look of the new corvettes i only wish i could afford one

2. i run into a guy at wal-mart with a fully restored 427 cobra silver with white stripes and he is asking me all kinds of questions about my car and telling me how much he wants one and how much he likes mine. atleast thats what my wife said he was saying cause all i heard was blah blah 427 blah shelby blah blah cobra blah drool drool blah blah blah drool blah drool blah blah i mean i couldnt take my eyes off his car sitting on the trailer and he was going on and on about mine. i would have traded him in a heart beat
Old 8/15/06, 12:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Sound like a half **** compliment. I would have asked him "Do you like the car?"
Old 8/15/06, 10:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by vc4life
1. guy stops me coming out of a shell station and asks if this was my car so i say yes of course and he responds with (brace yourselves) i just love the look of the new corvettes i only wish i could afford one
He should save some money first to get his eyes checked...
Old 8/16/06, 08:14 AM
V6 Member

Wierdest I have had was about 6 months ago, I had just finished detailing her and she was shining like a new penny. I was pulling out of a bank parking lot and this nice pearl white Escalade was turning into teh lot. The guy in the drivers seat started jumping up and down in his seat and pointing, not paying attention to where he was goin and ran over the curb.

I smiled and took off.

Here she is: http://okienga.gotstang.com
Old 8/16/06, 08:58 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I get amused by the truckers who pass me or at a stoplight doing vulgar stereotypical stuff. It gives me a chuckle.
Old 8/16/06, 06:19 PM
GT Member

The oddest thing I hear is from "Older" 65+ folks, They all seem to say, "Nice Car, I bet you never have any trouble finding your car in a parking lot". I thought it was kind strange till I got to thinking that they are the age where they might be loosing their cars in parking lots.
Old 8/16/06, 06:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by EleanorsMine
I went to McDonalds because I was jonesing for a big and tasty.....I pulled up to the drive through(because I was taking it home) and the manager leans his head out and said: You like to be seen don't you? I looked at him like what the are you talking about. And said....No because yellow gets you in trouble to which he said " I bet you get in trouble all by yourself.

What did he think? I was going to hop out of my car and hump him in the parking lot? Ew. He was like 40 and works at Mcdonalds! I don't understand.

So with yellow- you get a lot of
YOU LIKE ATTENTION DON'T YOU.
Let's be honest here, we may not have gotten our cars just for the attention ( most of us at least ), but we LOVE the attention.
Old 8/16/06, 08:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by IndyDale
I thought it was kind strange till I got to thinking that they are the age where they might be loosing their cars in parking lots.
I hope I can still drive if I get old
Old 8/18/06, 07:42 AM
Cobra Member

What's wrong with getting attention? I love it! Most people do, so long as they get the kind of attention that makes them feel better about themselves. The only kind of attention that's bad is the stalking kind...

...and maybe the guy behind you with a on the top of his car!
Old 8/18/06, 12:27 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally Posted by CelticNut
What's wrong with getting attention? I love it! Most people do, so long as they get the kind of attention that makes them feel better about themselves. The only kind of attention that's bad is the stalking kind...

...and maybe the guy behind you with a on the top of his car!
Yea those bastards.
Old 8/18/06, 12:33 PM
Cobra R Member

hmmm,

I get a lot of "back-handed" compliments from jealousy.
Hey, nice Mustang...have you seen the new Camaros??
Old 8/18/06, 02:42 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Or flat out jealousy...My favorite are flat out snide compliments.

WHO WOULD EVER DRIVE A YELLOW CAR (sorry Eleanor is mine, you wish!)

Must be nice to be Rich and have two brand new mustangs.....Suck on it, no one made you spend all your money on a 300.
Old 8/21/06, 12:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Rebel73
hmmm,

I get a lot of "back-handed" compliments from jealousy.
Hey, nice Mustang...have you seen the new Camaros??
Its hilarious how many people think the new Camaro is going to look exactly like the concept and have the same power. Wow are they dreaming. No way is chevy going to make a car with that much power and bling and keep it in the price range to compete with the Mustang.
Old 8/21/06, 07:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by FireFighterHill
Its hilarious how many people think the new Camaro is going to look exactly like the concept and have the same power. Wow are they dreaming. No way is chevy going to make a car with that much power and bling and keep it in the price range to compete with the Mustang.

your right about that sir cound not have said it better myself

Quick Reply: Weirdest "compliment" so far...