2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

WARNING: These Photos may be Disturbing

Search this Thread

Old 4/26/05, 09:32 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is what I understood from the other forum: 3 cars in a row, slow car, Integra, Mustang. They got onto a straight and the Mustang went to pass both of the other cars (first stupid move). The Integra then pulled out to pass the slow car without checking mirrors or the blind spot (second stupid move), and clipped the Mustang (probably left rear quarter panel of the Integra into the right front fender of the Mustang). This pushed the Mustang into the ditch on the left side of the road where it flipped.
Old 4/26/05, 09:40 AM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by kerafaith+April 26, 2005, 8:23 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kerafaith @ April 26, 2005, 8:23 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-AJC@April 25, 2005, 8:43 PM
Two people trying to pass at the same time is racing whether they were doing 45 or whatever - they were still contesting for the pass..

This is not always true. My mom & I have done just this on several occasions. As have people whom were with behind me or I was behind them (no we were not following on purpose only my mom & I were).

When my mom & I are following each other to town (13 miles away from our home) & we get behind someone really really slow we pass. If she's in front she passes 1st & then I pass. But in NO way are we contesting for the pass. We have to drive 13 miles on HWY 104N, which to, I am assuming, all of you don't know is nothing but hills & curves. And there is NO legal passing zone anywhere on that road.

More people have had wrecks on that road & have been killed on that road than anyother in our county (with the exception of I40 & maybe 412). The "legal" speed limit is 55, however you can do 65-75 in certain spots. But I have ridden that road everyday of my life (23 years) at least twice. I could drive it in my sleep. I know the raod & I know what I can & can't do & where it can & can't be done.

My mom is the same way. She's 60, my brother is (almost)33, my uncle is (almost) 65 & my granpa is 86. They all drive the road at 60+ & they ALL pass on that road. However, People who do not know how to drive it are the ones going 45 mph & putting their brakes on around every curve, no matter how small or sharp (and believe me there are ALOT of them). Those are the people we pass & usually cuss & fuss at as we are passing them.

I think this was just a case of the guy no knowing the road & not knowing his car well enough. Either way. BOT ~ I am glad that noone was hurt. Maybe next time he will wear his seat belt.

~*~Kera~*~
[/b][/quote]

they bumped as they passed the other car - thats a SIDE swipe. That happened because they were trying to out do each other - the other guy didnt look before pulling out to pass. Its easy to do when hotrodding down a road playing follow the leader.
I have seen this before - I got lucky when I was in my twenties - same situation but I avoided the side swipe as my friend thought he could pull out before I got by.

based on the decription of passing other cars that day - all driving fast cars - its obvious they were messin around.
Old 4/26/05, 09:54 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by PottyScotty@April 26, 2005, 9:35 AM
Here is what I understood from the other forum: 3 cars in a row, slow car, Integra, Mustang. They got onto a straight and the Mustang went to pass both of the other cars (first stupid move). The Integra then pulled out to pass the slow car without checking mirrors or the blind spot (second stupid move), and clipped the Mustang (probably left rear quarter panel of the Integra into the right front fender of the Mustang). This pushed the Mustang into the ditch on the left side of the road where it flipped.
I agree. I think this is what happened more than hotdogin'.

Once the bump occured the Mustang drive lost control in one form or fashion (panic, overreaction, etc). Why is everone's knee jerk reaction that wreck = showing off?
Old 4/26/05, 10:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by GhostTX+April 26, 2005, 10:57 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GhostTX @ April 26, 2005, 10:57 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-PottyScotty@April 26, 2005, 9:35 AM

Once the bump occured the Mustang drive lost control in one form or fashion (panic, overreaction, etc). Why is everone's knee jerk reaction that wreck = showing off?
[/b][/quote]

Good point. Just because it's a Mustang doesn't mean every accident is the result of being stupid. That wreck may have also happened if they were driving Pintos. Who knows.
Old 4/26/05, 12:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Sonic05+April 26, 2005, 10:38 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sonic05 @ April 26, 2005, 10:38 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by GhostTX@April 26, 2005, 10:57 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-PottyScotty
@April 26, 2005, 9:35 AM

Good point. Just because it's a Mustang doesn't mean every accident is the result of being stupid. That wreck may have also happened if they were driving Pintos. Who knows.
[/b][/quote]

But it also could be argued that all accidents occure because someone was doing something stupid.

In this case it sounds like he tried to pass two cars at once on a two lane Farm Market road. This is a stupid thing to do.
Old 4/26/05, 12:47 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Galaxie@April 25, 2005, 7:31 PM
Its a shame that a car with my exact specifications got wrecked.

These guys should be thanking their lucky starts they got out with their lives.
DITTO!
Old 4/26/05, 01:09 PM
Cobra Member

Lucky he's OK - especially not wearing a seat belt in a rolling auto....lucky for him the doors must have stayed latched or he could have been thrown out and fared much worse....main thing is he's OK - too bad about the GT though and what these kinds of accidents are going to do to everyone's insurance rates....
Old 4/26/05, 03:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think I seen these photos a month or two ago, the story seems to have grown by a few shovels.