2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Want to ask Ford a question?

Search this Thread

Old 7/29/04, 01:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, so since I'm going to the Ford Racing Innovation thing in Detroit, I just thought that maybe some of you would like me to ask some questions to these people in person while I'm there. Supposedly there will be very knowledgeable people there who are ready to answer questions about Ford's new vehicles.

Don't post any trivial poo, like "Will the remote be bigger or smaller than last year." I'm not going to waste their time with q's like that.

Here are a few I'm planning on asking, just get the ball rolling:

When will 18s be available?
Is the car in front of me production ride height?
Is the engine underrated, and if so, by how much?
What can you tell me about the new Cobra?
Do we have any 1/4 mile times for the 05 yet?
Will you let me drive this 05 home tonight?

Ok, let's go, there are 3 weeks until I go drive the 05, so give me some questions...
Old 7/29/04, 01:44 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lots of those questions were answered here: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=3634

we know about the 18's
they won't tell you how much it is overrated
the Cobra will be hush hush,
they won't tell you the officail performance numbers

Best thing to do is ask about questions we failed to cover

Ask if there will be a ducktail spoiler anytime soon?
Old 7/29/04, 01:46 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
What sort of changes will the SE receive?
What kind of Bullitt rims will be available like chrome, dark, black, etc?
Will Dark Highland Green be offered anytime soon?
Can you tell me anything about the Mach 1 SE?
Will the bumper lettering ever come back?
When the first television commercials be airing?
Will there be any at all?
I understand Lime Gold is being offered on the 2006. Is their any difference between it and Legend Lime?
Old 7/29/04, 01:50 PM
GT Member

Something I noticed the other day when looking at all the pictures (again)...

Check to see if the side mirrors are break-away. They don't look like they aren't and I've had bad experiences in my last 2 cars with people clipping them.
Old 7/29/04, 01:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

No offense, but I don't think that just because we've been told that things are hush-hush means that I won't be able to find anything out.

I'm glad to see the info. about the 18s though, I didn't know that had come down from an official source.

Curious as to why you would think they would put a ducktail on there? When was the last time you saw a factory one?
Old 7/29/04, 01:56 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry for being blunt... I am posting @ work so I tend to be a little quick.

Just that, I doubt any one of Hau Thai Tang's employees will leak out any information because it could potentially cost them their job.

What they could possibly tell you is when could we expect to see it? 2005 NAIAS? New York Autoshow? etc. etc.
Old 7/29/04, 02:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by SickofMyVWAlready@July 29, 2004, 2:53 PM

Check to see if the side mirrors are break-away. They don't look like they aren't and I've had bad experiences in my last 2 cars with people clipping them.
they arent, SVT keeps those
Old 7/29/04, 02:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Q: Will Ford offer a Torsen differential as a future option? (available through Ford Racing Parts today)
Old 7/29/04, 10:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
When will the 05 focus colors be available on the 05 Mustang? Like that cool Blazing Copper color, specifically.

And DON'T give up until you get a "Ok, yeah, we'll do it for houtex."

Old 7/29/04, 10:54 PM
Cobra Member

I'll be honest.. I am going to forget about asking ANY QUESTIONS and just the small question I'm going to have while there is... "Is your seatbelt on?" Cuz I am going to try my best to drive the heck out of that car

Trust me on this. Should've seen me when we were at the No Boundries thing Ford had at World Headquaters a few years back. Drove my dads Sport Trac to the ground on their "track" and did the same with a few of their SUVs they had for people to test drive on the off roading track.
Old 7/29/04, 11:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

1) When is Ford going to turn the car over to Motor Trend, Car & Driver etc for evaluation.
2) When is Ford going to turn the car over to National Saftey for crash testing. (a good rating means lower insurance costs)
3) Is Job 1 still on schedule, (any set backs?)
4) Since they won't give you any real performance #'s ask about the dyno #'s
5) Will the production car have a speed restriction. (I heard somewhere its was 140, but it is capable of going faster without mods)
6) Hau Thai Tang mentioned that the car performs very well in the snow. Is this because of the new traction control/tires/weight distribution?
7) Got any pre-production engine covers they dont want?
8) Got a date yet on when the prices will be revealed?
9) And most importantly, how does the ashtry work? or did I order the ashtry delete.

Good Luck and HAVE FUN Shea!!!!!
Old 7/30/04, 01:51 AM
Bullitt Member

One important question. WHAT IS THE WEIGHT. In Dan and Steve's inteview, it was reported that the Mustang was 40lbs heavier than the Mach 1, except, I've seen atleast 4 different weights of the Mach 1. Just get that out of them. What will be the final weight. If they say, "it'll be this many lbs more than such and such or, this many lbs less than this" then answe back by saying, "so it will be this (insert your guess) weight?

Most of the stupid questions like "will we get 18's" are pointless, have been answered already, and know one really cares anyway.

B)
Old 7/30/04, 06:05 AM
GT Member

Is there a stripes option planned and if so when will it be available?
Old 7/30/04, 07:39 AM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by 428CJ@July 30, 2004, 3:54 AM
One important question. WHAT IS THE WEIGHT. In Dan and Steve's inteview, it was reported that the Mustang was 40lbs heavier than the Mach 1, except, I've seen atleast 4 different weights of the Mach 1. Just get that out of them. What will be the final weight. If they say, "it'll be this many lbs more than such and such or, this many lbs less than this" then answe back by saying, "so it will be this (insert your guess) weight?

Most of the stupid questions like "will we get 18's" are pointless, have been answered already, and know one really cares anyway.

B)
428, in the liturature we were given on the 2005 Mustang, the weight is listed as 3450lbs. However, I remember that in the presentation, the Hau Thai-Tang had the weight at 3470lbs. I believe that the latter is the correct figure. Either way, it will be between the two.
Old 7/30/04, 07:43 AM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by Shea@July 29, 2004, 3:54 PM
No offense, but I don't think that just because we've been told that things are hush-hush means that I won't be able to find anything out.

I'm glad to see the info. about the 18s though, I didn't know that had come down from an official source.

Curious as to why you would think they would put a ducktail on there? When was the last time you saw a factory one?
My advice to you after having run into problems trying to ask questions about SE's etc. etc. is that those should be your secondary questions.

Try to ask questions that have a greater probability of being answered first. For example, is Ford working on a ductail for 06? Pricing release date? etc. etc.

Basically, try to find out interesting things and tidbits first that would be really great to know, then pop the bigger questions at the end.

Steve and I did this and it worked extremely well.
Old 7/30/04, 08:34 AM
GT Member

I would ask for details on the steps around the manufacturing process.

Has Job 1 slipped?

How long after Job 1 will the cars start shipping?

How does the distribution network work, how are the cars distributed across the US? Are they distributed across the US all at once or are they shipped first to the furthest destinations in the hopes that the cars will arrive at all the dealerships at the same time?

When is Ford going to update the www.fordvehicles.com website with more updated information like on the fleet.ford.com site?
Old 7/30/04, 08:53 AM
Cobra Member

Dan is right.. get the "easy" questions asked first.. don't mention anything that's "hush hush" until the easy ones are done.

I ran into that problem during Ford's No Boundaries event. My dad had a Sport Trac at the time and it was still a very new car.. and during the meeting they had there, regular people that bought the car were able to ask them questions. They all asked simple boring ones... I went for the cut throat ones. Like I asked why the orange metallic color was cut after Job1 and replaced with silver in Job2... also asked about a wind guard.. and some other things. They were actually getting done with the meeting before I walked in, so they were getting ready to rap up. One of the engineers came out with me and said "let's talk. Shw me your Sport Trac and what you are talking about"

I should her the back window and how it needed a shield so rain doesn't get through it... asked some other stuff, of course I can't remember.. and she was very nice and answered every question. Cut to the year after and then there is an after market rear window shield.

Funny, everyone at the place knew who I was after... "HEY!! I wanted that orange color too.. Thanks for asking" hahaha
Old 7/30/04, 11:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by kevinb120+July 29, 2004, 2:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kevinb120 @ July 29, 2004, 2:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SickofMyVWAlready@July 29, 2004, 2:53 PM

they arent, SVT keeps those [/b][/quote]
Sad that SVT keeps them. My wife's little cavalier has them and her car cost 1/2 than the GT.

Maybe if we save the money spent on break away mirrors and use it to send people to driving school so they can learn to park.
Old 7/30/04, 12:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah, that does stink. I also wish the mirrors were mounted on the car and not on the door. Oh well.
Old 7/30/04, 01:11 PM
Cobra Member

I know what I can ask...

On this V6 Vert mule I followed for 50 miles.. it had redfire painted mirrors... why was that? And why aren't we getting painted mirrors. Did you know the test mule lady tried to run into me.

Quick Reply: Want to ask Ford a question?