2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

The wait just got harder . . .

Search this Thread

Old 3/12/05, 10:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was going to bug my dealer today since I thought it had been 8 weeks since I ordered. I figured maybe they could bump my priority or something, or at least I would show them I still care about the car since I have not talked to them since I ordered.

Turns out it has only been 6 weeks, so I decided to just call "the number." I was all ready to hear "your order is clean and unscheduled . . . " BUT that sweet, kind, generous, robot lady had something new to tell me . . .

"As of March 10th, your unit is scheduled to be built the week of April 4th."

Not sure how this is going to affect my wait, but I'm just giddy right now. At least I know everything is OK, and my car is actually going to be built. Now I'm waiting for the call from the dealer . . . guess I'll have to fake my excitement a little.

Good luck to everybody else, Ford is doing a good job for me anyway!
Old 3/12/05, 10:20 AM
Team Mustang Source

Congrats Sonic!!!

...that's pretty encouraging for a 1/28 order!!
Old 3/12/05, 10:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Sonic05@March 12, 2005, 11:15 AM
I was going to bug my dealer today since I thought it had been 8 weeks since I ordered. I figured maybe they could bump my priority or something, or at least I would show them I still care about the car since I have not talked to them since I ordered.

Turns out it has only been 6 weeks, so I decided to just call "the number." I was all ready to hear "your order is clean and unscheduled . . . " BUT that sweet, kind, generous, robot lady had something new to tell me . . .

Not sure how this is going to affect my wait, but I'm just giddy right now. At least I know everything is OK, and my car is actually going to be built. Now I'm waiting for the call from the dealer . . . guess I'll have to fake my excitement a little.

What number did you call?
Old 3/12/05, 11:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Your wait just got shorter
Old 3/12/05, 12:13 PM
FR500 Member

lol ordered after me and pulled before....typical. but congrats!!
Old 3/12/05, 12:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

augggghhhhh, that's my car!!!!!!! No fair. ordered 1 month after me :bang: :bang: :bang: congrats though
Old 3/12/05, 01:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Was your dealer a big seller of stangs over the past years, i cant seem to get one built for me...check my sig
Old 3/12/05, 01:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by RaGsHoCkEy88@March 12, 2005, 1:16 PM
lol ordered after me and pulled before....typical. but congrats!!
I hear ya!
Old 3/12/05, 01:24 PM
GT Member

I'm sure that really made your weekend a lot better! I am keeping my fingers crossed that maybe, jut maybe I'll hear something like that in the next 4 to 5 weeks.

As for the guys with the old, outstanding orders, I think it really has to do with dealer allocations. For me, if things look to be stalled out in a month or so (especially if the GT coupe builds look to be slowing), I will start looking at the super high volume dealers in my area of the county and if it takes a cheap plane ticket to get there, I will consider flying someplace to pick up a GT. Of course I am still a cheap SOB, so still want at least x-plan price, so things may not be all that easy, even when willing to go to a remote dealer.
Old 3/12/05, 02:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Going_Gray@March 12, 2005, 2:27 PM
As for the guys with the old, outstanding orders, I think it really has to do with dealer allocations.
Absolutely. I didn't order until February because 1.) I was ordering a 'vert and didn't know pricing or anything, and 2.) after reading here I called around and found the largest volume Ford and Mustang dealer in San Diego. It took less than a month for my order to get pulled and that dealer has already received 2 'verts for the floor - so I have even gotten to drive one.
Old 3/12/05, 02:45 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by moze@March 12, 2005, 2:30 PM
Absolutely. I didn't order until February because 1.) I was ordering a 'vert and didn't know pricing or anything, and 2.) after reading here I called around and found the largest volume Ford and Mustang dealer in San Diego. It took less than a month for my order to get pulled and that dealer has already received 2 'verts for the floor - so I have even gotten to drive one.
Your reply brought a to my face for 2 reasons... I am pretty sure that you and I are dealing with the same dealer as I also ordered from a high volume dealer in SD. Secondly I ordered about a week behind you, and while coupe orders are different than vert orders, it is just nice to think that the allocations and such might mean that my order is not too far behind yours! Think I'll call them in a bit to see if the salesman can give me any information.
Old 3/12/05, 03:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Going_Gray@March 12, 2005, 2:27 PM
I'm sure that really made your weekend a lot better! I am keeping my fingers crossed that maybe, jut maybe I'll hear something like that in the next 4 to 5 weeks.

As for the guys with the old, outstanding orders, I think it really has to do with dealer allocations. For me, if things look to be stalled out in a month or so (especially if the GT coupe builds look to be slowing), I will start looking at the super high volume dealers in my area of the county and if it takes a cheap plane ticket to get there, I will consider flying someplace to pick up a GT. Of course I am still a cheap SOB, so still want at least x-plan price, so things may not be all that easy, even when willing to go to a remote dealer.
Thats the problem i had...good luck
Old 3/12/05, 03:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks guys. I ordered from probably the biggest dealer in the area . . . Brondes Ford. My priority was only a 20 as well.

When I went there to order, they had two GT's on the lot. One was sold, and the other was leaving for a test drive. I'm sure it was sold soon after. Hehe, the guy driving didn't seem to know how to drive a stick too well, and barked the tires leaving the lot. One of the saleman was grumbling about something as he was going back in, and that was only after the guy revved it up to much when he first pulled out of the parking spot.

I havn't really been to worried about allocation since the dealers all had a bunch of 04's, and are selling '05's as fast as they can get them. The guy at Brondes said the '04's where still selling well.
Old 3/12/05, 05:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Going_Gray@March 12, 2005, 3:48 PM
Your reply brought a to my face for 2 reasons... I am pretty sure that you and I are dealing with the same dealer as I also ordered from a high volume dealer in SD. Secondly I ordered about a week behind you, and while coupe orders are different than vert orders, it is just nice to think that the allocations and such might mean that my order is not too far behind yours! Think I'll call them in a bit to see if the salesman can give me any information.
I hope you get good news, man. Good luck. As for the dealer - there are two that claim to be the highest volume dealer in SD. However, one makes most of it on trucks. I went with the one that is the Saleen dealership as well - Mossy. They move a lot of Mustangs.

They have been great.
Old 3/12/05, 07:09 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by moze@March 12, 2005, 5:05 PM
I hope you get good news, man. Good luck. As for the dealer - there are two that claim to be the highest volume dealer in SD. However, one makes most of it on trucks. I went with the one that is the Saleen dealership as well - Mossy. They move a lot of Mustangs.

They have been great.
Well looks like I guessed right, we're both using the same dealer! Hope I get some good news in the next few weeks. Anything but C&U sounds good to me.

I posted this in some other thread yesterday, but the three dealers in CA that I tend to check if I am feeling like maybe I really do want to just go to the lot and buy are: Galpin Ford, Mossy Ford, and Claremont Ford. I don't know if any of them have any sort of good prices, but at least their on-line inventory always seems to have several GT's--I think all three deal Saleens as well. Hope this helps anyone looking for a car that can't handle the wait.
Old 3/12/05, 07:48 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Dont know how far it is for you, but I used RSM Ford, large mover of Stangs. They are also a large mover of Saleens, accept Plans, and generally easy to deal with...
Old 3/12/05, 09:44 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Congratulations, Sonic05. Looks like our cars are going to be traveling down the line at the same time. Only differences are Spoiler (I don't want it) and interior (Med Parchment for me). I ordered through a Dealer in Des Moines, Iowa (not the largest one there). They must not have had many Mustang orders, because I just ordered on Wednesday (the 9th). I called LauReLie today (Lovely Robot Lady) and as of the 10th, I was already scheduled. I don't know if that's some kind of speed record, but it's definitely the opposite end of the spectrum from all those people who've had to wait months.

My car will have to sit at the dealers a couple of weeks though, I'm not going to pick it up until the 6th or 7th of May, and combine the trip with a Surprise Mothersday visit. That last couple of weeks is gonna be really tough!
Old 3/12/05, 09:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Going_Gray@March 12, 2005, 8:12 PM
Well looks like I guessed right, we're both using the same dealer! Hope I get some good news in the next few weeks. Anything but C&U sounds good to me.

I posted this in some other thread yesterday, but the three dealers in CA that I tend to check if I am feeling like maybe I really do want to just go to the lot and buy are: Galpin Ford, Mossy Ford, and Claremont Ford. I don't know if any of them have any sort of good prices, but at least their on-line inventory always seems to have several GT's--I think all three deal Saleens as well. Hope this helps anyone looking for a car that can't handle the wait.
Mossy has had GTs on the lot and they are getting a couple more GT verts in this next week. I drove a silver GT with charcoal int and IUP there the day I ordered. They also don't slap a "market premium" on the cars. MSRP for GTs and discounts on V6. They also had 3 Saleens in last time I was there.
Old 3/12/05, 10:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by jayguy@March 12, 2005, 10:47 PM
Congratulations, Sonic05. Looks like our cars are going to be traveling down the line at the same time. Only differences are Spoiler (I don't want it) and interior (Med Parchment for me). I ordered through a Dealer in Des Moines, Iowa (not the largest one there). They must not have had many Mustang orders, because I just ordered on Wednesday (the 9th). I called LauReLie today (Lovely Robot Lady) and as of the 10th, I was already scheduled. I don't know if that's some kind of speed record, but it's definitely the opposite end of the spectrum from all those people who've had to wait months.

My car will have to sit at the dealers a couple of weeks though, I'm not going to pick it up until the 6th or 7th of May, and combine the trip with a Surprise Mothersday visit. That last couple of weeks is gonna be really tough!
Now this crap really is beginning to **** me off, but cogratulations to you.
I wrote a letter to the president of Ford cust relations tonight, hope that will do something, see my sig, over 3 months still C/U.... :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
Old 3/12/05, 11:45 PM
V6 Member

I'm with you, davids2toys. (Check Sig) I'm happy for all the fellow TMSers getting their cars but it's getting a little insane now. Should ANYONE have to wait 20 weeks for a car?????

If I don't hear good news on Monday, the Ford Cust Serv President will be getting a letter from me as well...

Quick Reply: The wait just got harder . . .