2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

The Wait Begins...

Search this Thread

Old 11/2/05, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordered on Halloween!

Decided to get off the sidelines and order now. Ordered it pretty much loaded.

The Order Codes:

T82 (GT Coupe Premium -- Oh yeah)
T9 (Tungsten Grey)
K (Leather)
R (Crimson Red Leather)
140A
99H (V8 Baby!)
44L (5sp Auto -- Ok so I hate shifting)
68R (Red interior)
13D (Spoiler Delete)
14A (AAT)
17L (Locks)
18G (IUP)
43A (Side AirBags)
64E (I Like the Fanblade)
918 (Shaker 1000)

And another code: 2 U.S. Gal Gas, FDAF Assessment, Dest and Deliv What ever the heck that all means.

No priority yet -- I'll give them a day or two (til Friday) to get that to me.
Old 11/2/05, 10:13 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No matter how long the wait is, its worth every second!!!!!!! Good color choice by the way!!!!
Old 11/2/05, 10:51 AM
Cobra Member

Even though you just ordered and I ordered over 5 months ago, I'm sure you'll still get your car before me. Errr.
Old 11/2/05, 10:52 AM
Cobra Member

congrat`s
Old 11/2/05, 11:45 AM
Bullitt Member

I ordered in July and havent heard a peep. Its REAL hard seeing these cars every day and not having yours. You almost forget that you really are getting one which will probably make the experience all the more surreal for me. One benefit of a little longer wait is getting a chance to see everyones different variations so you can be as picky as you want/change up your order etc. I must say though this waiting sucks, REALLY bad. But I know the day I trade in the Nissan Sentra 4 banger, its gonna be ooooooohhhhhh so worth it.
Old 11/2/05, 04:16 PM
Bullitt Member

And another code: 2 U.S. Gal Gas, FDAF Assessment, Dest and Deliv What ever the heck that all means.

That's 2 gal. of gas the factory pumps into your tank before your car is shipped.
Old 11/3/05, 06:19 AM

Have a good wait. Hook up with Kzinti when you get a VIN# and it'll be a fun wait. Kind of like a whole new hobby.
Old 11/3/05, 08:24 AM

Originally posted by keoni@November 2, 2005, 1:48 PM
I ordered in July and havent heard a peep. Its REAL hard seeing these cars every day and not having yours. You almost forget that you really are getting one which will probably make the experience all the more surreal for me. One benefit of a little longer wait is getting a chance to see everyones different variations so you can be as picky as you want/change up your order etc. I must say though this waiting sucks, REALLY bad. But I know the day I trade in the Nissan Sentra 4 banger, its gonna be ooooooohhhhhh so worth it.
Keoni: Sorry you been waiting that long. I had hoped I'd see something by early February. Did they at least issue the VIN yet? BTW: I'm across the state in Eastern NE.

I plan to be on my dealer for at least a DORA (this week) and a VIN by Mid - Late Dec.
Old 11/4/05, 06:24 AM

The wait is tough, but it goes by pretty fast. You will love the color and the car. Good choice except for the auto! Ha, Ha!
Old 11/5/05, 11:40 AM
GT Member

Why would you order a GT now in Nov???
Most Ford dealerships tell yea it will take 8-12 weeks to get the car lolllllllll.If I did not get my GT at Invoice I would still be waiting for MY GT since June.....It would be over 5 months if I waited and still I would be at C/U at a big dealer and Prioritry 10..You are better off looking on Dealer Lots otherwise you will have to change your order to a 2007 in June,,,,and then wait who knows how long the?JohnnyT
Old 11/7/05, 12:02 PM

I expected a DORA today. For some reason my dealer is reluctant to provide it but did say Ford acknowledged the order and he expects to have an ETA date by End of Month. I know I "shouldn't" believe it...but I'll give him the benefit (because I assume they have been through this before...people geting the DORA and trying to do their own tracking)

I know the VOC went in properly because he verified for their order person (not all salesmen are allowed to do the order) I did ask for a spoiler delete and the 64E.

I know I cannot do any tracking without the Order Number. It is possible to track once I have a VIN right?

After Thankgiving I expect to have more.

So the long wait continues....Thanks for listening.
Old 11/7/05, 01:38 PM
Bullitt Member

He should be able to give you the DORA. If he wont, tell him to blackout the invoice prices (even though they are available at kbb.com among others) and leave the rest of the info to confirm they have ordered what you wanted.

Once serialized, you can track with a VIN. But giving all those numbers and digits to the ERL is a pain.
Old 11/10/05, 03:13 PM

Originally posted by FinlayZJ@November 7, 2005, 3:41 PM
He should be able to give you the DORA. If he wont, tell him to blackout the invoice prices (even though they are available at kbb.com among others) and leave the rest of the info to confirm they have ordered what you wanted.

Once serialized, you can track with a VIN. But giving all those numbers and digits to the ERL is a pain.
You would think. But good news anyway. From another site, I found out the order is in, with the options I requested with an expected delivery in late Dec or Jan. Indicates to me that at least there is a DORA and I'm just awaiting serializing or segmenting. That would put a build in around the 3 month mark. I would think the AAI plant down-time closing (holidays, union off days,etc) might extend that well into January..

I've decided to wait and not call the ERL but instead to wait for the dealer to pass me the VIN and track it that way (just so I have the dates).

I'm getting happier.
Old 11/10/05, 06:51 PM
GT Member

With the holidays and the decrease in production, probably looking at the end of Jan , early Feb dont you think?
Old 11/10/05, 07:38 PM

Originally posted by NYtoDCStang@November 10, 2005, 8:54 PM
With the holidays and the decrease in production, probably looking at the end of Jan , early Feb dont you think?
Yeah I believe that is probably the case. I figured two weeks or so down-time due to the holidays too. Mid - end of January would actually still be OK I wouldn't be mad if it were earlier.
Old 11/17/05, 01:13 PM

What's up guys...
I'm a newbie to the site, and I have to say I am getting a little nervous. I just ordered an '06 GT on Monday, and my dealer here in Charlotte, NC is telling me only 4-5 weeks to get the thing.
From everything I have read on here, that sounds like it isn't even close. Pleeeeaaaase tell me he isn't lying to me......
Old 11/17/05, 06:29 PM

Originally posted by Toms06GT@November 17, 2005, 3:16 PM
What's up guys...
I'm a newbie to the site, and I have to say I am getting a little nervous. I just ordered an '06 GT on Monday, and my dealer here in Charlotte, NC is telling me only 4-5 weeks to get the thing.
From everything I have read on here, that sounds like it isn't even close. Pleeeeaaaase tell me he isn't lying to me......
Hard to say at this time of year. Its possible production could slow down due to the holidays. 4 - 5 sounds pretty average to me.

Depends on quite a few factors though.
Old 11/17/05, 07:38 PM
GT Member

Hope you get the car but I feel you will not see the car if your lucky maybe around april......Why don't you wait till march and order a 2007 GT and get it in July???....I would never beleave most dealers.JT
Old 12/2/05, 02:56 PM

I expected serialization by today...Oh well...the wait still continues.

Perhaps next week.
Old 12/8/05, 07:23 AM
Team Mustang Source

who did you order from?

Quick Reply: The Wait Begins...