The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2005-2009 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/)
-   -   Vibration found in 05 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/vibration-found-05-mustang-390506/)

TK421 9/17/04 11:51 AM

Taken from TCCoA.com. Link to the original post

Originally posted by Red96Bird
ok so today at work, my boss tells me to take a driveshaft over to dynotech and have them do some stuff.... ive been there before no big deal.... (its only like a mile from my work) and yes same people that make the mmx driveshaft and other custom aluminum shafts..

so after dragging this driveshaft into the shop, i see an 05 mustang gt sitting on a lift.... and im like sweet right?? so i go on filling out paper work and i ask the guy "whats with the new mustang up there", he says, yea its a sweet car but they are having problems with vibrations already in these cars... they think its coming from the driveshaft...

sorry, kinda pointless i just thought u guys would like to know ??

PaperTarget 9/17/04 12:01 PM

Just curious, but why would Ford take their '05 Mustang to them for vibrations of the driveshaft and not work on it in house... :dunno:

Super Sonic Blue Mustang 9/17/04 12:09 PM

Originally posted by PaperTarget@September 17, 2004, 12:04 PM
Just curious, but why would Ford take their '05 Mustang to them for vibrations of the driveshaft and not work on it in house... :dunno:
I agree they would deal with it in house and not at a mom and pop mechanics garage. When did you see this Mustang there? If it was a problem like that in the engine they would have taken precautions in looking for that way before production began. This is why you see so many pre production models out on the highways and streets of Michigan and other parts of the country. Just my opinion but it makes sense.

Michigan :notnice: :shame: :lol:

autothing 9/17/04 12:17 PM

Perhaps the article poster typed 2005 when s/he meant 2004 or something, lol :poke:

snkbtn99 9/17/04 12:17 PM

Where's the BS flag when you need it?

Super Sonic Blue Mustang 9/17/04 12:24 PM

Red96Bird

:stupid:

That about sums it up!!!!! :bang:

CatmanJJ 9/17/04 12:26 PM

Vibration? My whole car vibrates and shakes when I mash the gas!! :banana:

Indystang 9/17/04 01:05 PM

That was just a GM driver shaking in fear as he drove the Mustang for the first time :cry:

t69r00p69 9/17/04 01:11 PM

Actually, I wouldn't discredit this too quicly. I knew of several Mustang drivers experiencing vibration. Fortunately, if it is the driveshaft, all you need to do is tighten the bolts down there really tight. I know because it's happened to me twice.

stango63 9/17/04 01:13 PM

THAT DOES NOT SOUND TRUE TO ME! :scratch: NOT AT THIS POINT.....

Dr Iven 9/17/04 01:19 PM

No way. :bs:

They've been testing these cars in real world situations for what? A year now? And they're just NOW addressing the problem? Sorry, nope, not true. They've already worked out all known problems. They definitely don't want a recall, and they've invested millions into quality assurance.

WBstangGT 9/17/04 01:31 PM

That was just a GM driver shaking in fear as he drove the Mustang for the first time
:lol: :lol: :lol:

BillP 9/17/04 01:32 PM

The bigger BS is that it's happening at some shop outside Ford.

TomServo92 9/17/04 01:39 PM

Originally posted by M1Rifle@September 17, 2004, 1:35 PM
The bigger BS is that it's happening at some shop outside Ford.

8 posts so far, and you drop this one on us? CURIOUS.

I agree. If it was problem found by Ford QA people, they'd be looking at it in AAI. If somehow this were a customers car, it'd be worked on at Ford dealer under warranty.

Kluski 9/17/04 01:43 PM

Yeah, if Ford is soo hush hush about everything, why would that take it outside with problems.

Wait till BON gets a hold of this tid-bit.

klous 9/17/04 02:45 PM

Originally posted by Kluski@September 17, 2004, 1:46 PM
Yeah, if Ford is soo hush hush about everything, why would that take it outside with problems.

BON's headline will be "Ford has stop production on all 2005 Mustangs due to a Axle defect which could possibly Explode into thousand of razor sharp killer androids"

EleanorsMine 9/17/04 02:49 PM

Originally posted by snkbtn99@September 17, 2004, 1:20 PM
Where's the BS flag when you need it?
:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

incorrigible 9/17/04 02:53 PM

Originally posted by klous+September 17, 2004, 2:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (klous @ September 17, 2004, 2:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Kluski@September 17, 2004, 1:46 PM

BON's headline will be "Ford has stop production on all 2005 Mustangs due to a Axle defect which could possibly Explode into thousand of razor sharp killer androids" [/b][/quote]
:lol:

moneyman 9/17/04 03:59 PM

Since I'm waiting on a rag top, if this is a problem, it should be fixed before mine is delivered.

Galaxie 9/17/04 05:12 PM

Especially with the Mustang GT, the driveshaft itself should not experience vibration.

Becuase it is now a 2-piece design on the GT, the rotational speed at which vibration occours is much higher than what you can get on public roads.