2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

VANCOUVER MUSTANG SEEKERS:

Search this Thread

Old 11/11/04, 06:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was out at Richport Ford today. They had a silver and windveil blue GT parked in the rear garage and a black GT with the IUP in the showroom. All locked up cause it's Remembrance Day. Silver and black cars had bullitts, windveil blue had the polished wheels.

People are right - the car looks better in person. The angles and textures just don't work together in pictures the way they do for your eyes when you actually see it. It has definite "presence" in person...fit and finish look head & shoulders above the outgoing car...and it's not as big as I was expecting. Not that it's a small car, but it doesn't come off as that much bigger than the outgoing model. It really does look the part, which is awesome, cause we've only had to wait 35 years!

I also saw the Ford 500 - a black one. Gotta say I was impressed with that vehicle. My buddy, who drives a 2001 BMW 740i Sport (and is even pickier than me!) thought that Ford had made a quantum improvement in quality with the 500! I wish they'd been a little more creative with the front end, and the plastic on the door panels and dash could stand a little upgrading, but everything else looked spot-on, and, dare I say, virtually "import."
Old 11/11/04, 06:36 PM

I hope our veterans don't mind, but I stopped by Advantage Ford in Calgary this evening and drove their Legend Lime GT mule! Yup, a lot of places are open in Calgary on Remembrance Day.

Now if only my darn house would sell!

Scott
Old 11/11/04, 06:44 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Robert, I look forward to your thoughts when you sit in the car.
Old 11/11/04, 06:47 PM
Cobra R Member

So you went and held hands to glass too, to get better view. lol

This was my first viewing of the mustang in person,and man do i oh so want one now! The car just looks so much better then in the pictures (which look great already). I was surprized at how much smaller the car looked to me,from the pics i thought it might be too big.Im also still not a fan of the wing,but its small enough that i guess i will learn to live with it (canadain non delete not a option).Of the three colors i saw today (black/silver/windblue) i really liked the black.I had been leaning towards getting a silver one,but thought it seemed kinda dull,but maybe it was lighting (was behind glass windows).Im probably not getting a GT so the wheels our not a option for me,but i must say that i thought the bullits looked way better then the concepts.As its remembrance day (god bless all who have served our country proudly) i was not able to see inside car yet,but will head back tommorrow for a better look.
Old 11/11/04, 07:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Galaxie@November 11, 2004, 7:47 PM
Robert, I look forward to your thoughts when you sit in the car.
Yeah, Galaxie, I'm looking forward to getting the "hands-on" look at the interior, too.

Better yet, I've got a test drive on Saturday arranged with the e-commerce sales manager!

Do ya think I'm excited?
Old 11/11/04, 07:56 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's great Robert, I know from your posts you are quite picky (nothing wrong with that) so I really want to see your impressions of this car.

Trust me you'll enjoy the ride.