Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V6 super basic driving impressions

Search this Thread

Old 11/24/04, 03:44 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My dealer got a load of basic v6es in this week......
So I went to go play with one since I have not really been able to play......

Here is my impression: If faced with the choice of this one or walking...walk. The sound is the same, and it drives the same as a loaded up one but that's where it ends.

No shaker- The sound system is very "tinny" :notnice: :notnice:

Interior- very PLASTIC! The non shaker speaker in the door is Fugly.. :notnice:

No power seat- you have a lever you pump to move the seat. :notnice:

Where the buttons above the stereo are- blank..

Everything looks BARE! They have them for under 21,000... and have been on the lot all week. My only consolation is my mortal enemy from wayyyyyyyyy back in high school bit and bought the blue one. Serves her right getting a Walmart Mustang
But while I was there(salesman knew I wasnt buying those poor little ponies) we discussed aftermarket for Eleanor----All but the stripes and button I can order from Ford...
Aftermarket stripe kit- (black)
Side window Vents from Ford
Rear Louvers from Ford
a Go baby Go button for the cell charger/cig lighter

And I will be doing a factory order- no off the lot crap- when she comes they won't even put her on the lot. They will hide her till I pick her up.

Times coming..........
Old 11/24/04, 04:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

April, where do you order these things? Side window Vents from Ford
Rear Louvers from Ford. I don't see where Frod has these items. Help me I would like them.
Old 11/24/04, 04:24 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by upstate@November 24, 2004, 6:23 PM
April, where do you order these things? Side window Vents from Ford
Rear Louvers from Ford. I don't see where Frod has these items. Help me I would like them.
I didn't order and I can't confirm,but I was told If I want it, it can be gotten. He may be full of of course...
Old 11/24/04, 06:29 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@November 24, 2004, 4:47 PM
My dealer got a load of basic v6es in this week......
So I went to go play with one since I have not really been able to play......

Here is my impression: If faced with the choice of this one or walking...walk. The sound is the same, and it drives the same as a loaded up one but that's where it ends.

No shaker- The sound system is very "tinny" :notnice: :notnice:

Interior- very PLASTIC! The non shaker speaker in the door is Fugly.. :notnice:

No power seat- you have a lever you pump to move the seat. :notnice:

Where the buttons above the stereo are- blank..

Everything looks BARE! They have them for under 21,000... and have been on the lot all week. My only consolation is my mortal enemy from wayyyyyyyyy back in high school bit and bought the blue one. Serves her right getting a Walmart Mustang
But while I was there(salesman knew I wasnt buying those poor little ponies) we discussed aftermarket for Eleanor----All but the stripes and button I can order from Ford...
Aftermarket stripe kit- (black)
Side window Vents from Ford
Rear Louvers from Ford
a Go baby Go button for the cell charger/cig lighter

And I will be doing a factory order- no off the lot crap- when she comes they won't even put her on the lot. They will hide her till I pick her up.

Times coming..........
Even the most basal mustang is still an awesome ride (IMHO)

Jim
Old 11/25/04, 08:33 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by Ponyman@November 24, 2004, 8:32 PM

Jim
Those are not mustangs! They are Impersonators!!!!

None of the stuff we all love and over included.........You get an engine AC and a set of keys. Thats it!

But you can get one supercheap. That must be the trailer park version. I can't believe someone would snap it up. The steering wheel even- PLASTICY!!

Again, ONLY MY opinion.........
Old 11/25/04, 09:39 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine+November 25, 2004, 9:36 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EleanorsMine @ November 25, 2004, 9:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ponyman@November 24, 2004, 8:32 PM

Jim
Those are not mustangs! They are Impersonators!!!!

None of the stuff we all love and over included.........You get an engine AC and a set of keys. Thats it!

But you can get one supercheap. That must be the trailer park version. I can't believe someone would snap it up. The steering wheel even- PLASTICY!!

Again, ONLY MY opinion......... [/b][/quote]
Seriously,who drools over a IUP or power seats??? Sounds like you're the impersonator,an engine and a set of keys IS all you need!
IF,big IF,you ever get a mustang,is the first thing YOU'RE going to show off about it gonna be the leather wrapped steering wheel? Go buy a Scion if all you care about is useless junk for the interior. Mustangs are defined by driving,not whether it has a power seat......i've heard it all now. :bang:
Old 11/25/04, 09:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts
Hal, easy, EASY!

Everyone is entitled to their feelings about it, and we have a lot of room for a LOT of opinions in the forums, including yours.

Welcome to the forums and share your likes and dislikes, but please don't hack at other folks opinions.

We strive to keep it friendly around here.
Old 11/25/04, 09:55 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by Paris MkVI@November 25, 2004, 11:49 AM
Hal, easy, EASY!

Everyone is entitled to their feelings about it, and we have a lot of room for a LOT of opinions in the forums, including yours.

Welcome to the forums and share your likes and dislikes, but please don't hack at other folks opinions.

We strive to keep it friendly around here.
:bang: Don't feed em....

When faced with settling for what is there now or waiting for what you want and need.........NOT a hard choice.

plastic steering wheel and no shaker? NEVER I tell ya.

The engine and driving experience is the same...but it ends there....Poor ladies.......
Old 11/25/04, 10:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

your review :notnice:
Old 11/25/04, 11:54 AM
rex
Mach 1 Member

April...I much rather have a basic Mustang without some stuff than loading it up with all that non-functional tacked on junk :notnice: like back window louvers. side window louvers, etc...my 2 cents...Rex
Old 11/25/04, 12:06 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Put a "cammer crate motor" in there April and you"ll have your own "shaker" to listen too
Old 11/25/04, 06:03 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by Ripstang@November 25, 2004, 2:09 PM
Put a "cammer crate motor" in there April and you"ll have your own "shaker" to listen too
Well what do you think I have been asking Santa for?
Old 11/25/04, 06:12 PM

Thanks for the review. How about the driving part? handling, performance, etc...
Old 11/25/04, 06:17 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I guess you all gotta know I Didn't mean to offend anyone, and I apologize if I did... I didn't mean to tick everyone here off, you know I am not like that.

After seeing everyone on here's lovely ladies(and they are all beauties), and seeing the nice ones in person and pictures of everything.. AND TRUST ME! I have been out and about EVERYWHERE researching and looking and touching, I was shocked they made something like this...I mean a fully loaded v6 is only a little bit more- save up 2k and pass over it. The ladies drive great, don't get me wrong... but you gotta have the good stuff. I have the good stuff now, I don't wanna give that up.
I was not calling sour grapes, (don't get me wrong again)because the one I want is not even being made currently. No Manual and Diet IUP only and Certainly no convertibles until at least late spring. I really do wanna recreate a 60s era Mustang though.......the 05 is just ripe for that.

So forgive me for opening my mouth......
Old 11/25/04, 06:48 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Again, ONLY MY opinion.........
No appology needed, there's the disclaimer
Old 11/25/04, 08:02 PM
Bullitt Member

I'd do anything to have ANY mustang. I don't care what type.
Any mustang at all would be awesome, V6 or V8. I do prefer a V8, but they are all nice and I would enjoy any of them, even an older model.
Old 11/25/04, 08:24 PM
GT Member

Personally...ANY MUSTANG is better than ANY other vehicle on the road! That's my opinion. I appreciate everyone's ideas, but that's one of the great things about this car, so many people with so many different ideas of what makes it great can be Mustang people! I'd rather push a base model than drive a Chevy!!
Old 11/25/04, 09:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Red Baron@November 25, 2004, 9:27 PM
Personally...ANY MUSTANG is better than ANY other vehicle on the road! That's my opinion. I appreciate everyone's ideas, but that's one of the great things about this car, so many people with so many different ideas of what makes it great can be Mustang people! I'd rather push a base model than drive a Chevy!!
id rather have a C6 than a bare V6
Old 11/27/04, 09:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 05GT4me+November 25, 2004, 10:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (05GT4me @ November 25, 2004, 10:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Red Baron@November 25, 2004, 9:27 PM
id rather have a C6 than a bare V6 [/b][/quote]
Well, that is definitely comparing apples and oranges. If someone has the cash to plunk down for a C6, a LOT of options are open for them, whereas someone that goes for a base V6 might not be able to afford more.
Old 11/27/04, 09:18 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Well if you can do a c6..........then you can afford a gt....or pretty much whatever you want.

I in turn do not want those car payments(I couldnt crunch the #s correctly for a gt, no matter what)...So I guess I can say I can't get a Gt...I couldn't get the payments to what I wanted unless I stuck like 8 grand down on it.

The price difference in a base v6 and a fully loaded one is only about 2,500- a difference of about $60 a month on payments for 60 months. I priced a base- on ford credit- came up with 328 per month, and a loaded at 23k which is what I figure a vert will probably run me for 399. All with 15% down.

So I say if nothing else, go with the bells and whistles, and the buttons, and abs, and traction control and at least a 500 and iup and esp and side airbags.........Its only a couple grand more. And you get exactly what you want.

The Eleanor fund is 5% full right now......... I have successfully stayed out of Old Navy and the shoe store for 90 days and holding.

Quick Reply: V6 super basic driving impressions