2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

V-6 Manual Buyers

Search this Thread

Old 11/22/04 | 01:19 PM

Job 2 is approaching, and if they are starting to build them on Nov 29th, I would think some of this information would be coming out, but I haven't received anything and I ordered back in August. Am I the only one?
Thanks

Dan
Old 11/22/04 | 01:23 PM
Bullitt Member

you're not the only one. I ordered in september and still have nothing. I hope to at least receive a VIN in the next few weeks.
Old 11/22/04 | 01:25 PM
Banned

If you have IUP you are in trouble. Otherwise I would expect it this week or next when orders are pulled (Thurs)
Old 11/22/04 | 01:29 PM
Bullitt Member

so my order wont even be pulled since i have IUP? I figured i would get a vin and a hold to go with it.

I am considering taking the IUP off my order as soon as i sell my car if there is no word of the IUP hold being lifted and just going with the aftermarket IUP dash.
Old 11/22/04 | 01:35 PM
Banned

Originally posted by OSUstangfan@November 22, 2004, 4:32 PM
so my order wont even be pulled since i have IUP? I figured i would get a vin and a hold to go with it.

I am considering taking the IUP off my order as soon as i sell my car if there is no word of the IUP hold being lifted and just going with the aftermarket IUP dash.
You don't get a VIN until the order is accepted. If the IUP hold is still in effect, you won't ever get accepted.
Old 11/23/04 | 01:03 AM
GT Member

Are you guys saying that the V6 manuals are finally going to be built with Job 2???? Could this be!

Why is it that no one seems to know for sure? Has anyone gotten any real confirmation from ford of when the V6 manuals will be built?

My wife had to pass up on an auto our dealer ordered for us "just in case" we couldn't wait for the manual, and it was hard walking away from it.....

But it's got to be manual or nothing, especially with the 6.

BTW the dealer had a silver V6 out which looked pertty nice, but when he pulled the black one from the back lot (he was holding it for us, 2 miles on the odometer), man that thing looked evil! I cant wait for it!!!!

I have pics but can't get the site to upload them, they are already shrunk?!
Old 11/23/04 | 01:08 AM
GT Member

nevermind i guess it worked....here's another...man it was SO hard walking away from that car....
Old 11/23/04 | 01:31 AM
Bullitt Member

from what i've read on here, it's been planned from the beginning for V6 manuals to start production on november 29th. But, keep in mind that AAI closes for 2 weeks over the holidays so mass numbers of the v6 manuals will start to be produced after the closure.
Old 11/23/04 | 01:42 AM
GT Member

OSUstangfan, are we the only two people on this entire board who are waiting for the V6 manual or what?

mines just like your's just a bare bones no leather, sport package, IUP or ABS.....

I don't care if I have to wait till after the holidays, at this point I just want to know that they're making the v6 manual......

I hope it helps my car along not having the IUP!!
Old 11/23/04 | 05:46 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

The V6 manual is supposed to be a lot of fun to drive. I'm planning to test drive one after they get them at a local Dealership........
Old 11/23/04 | 06:39 AM

guess what, I have had a V6 manual on order since August this year. Nothing fancy (I'd rather have a GT) but the right thing to order for german roads and european gas prices. I came to see some friends in Detroit and had a dealer place the order when the V6 manual wasn't delayed. Since then, I have been waiting for a segmentation or build date.
Although I can't wait, it seems as if I need to get used to it. I'll even have 6 weeks of delivery in front of me to get it shipped across the ocean.....and that's after it gets delivered to the Detroit dealer.
My recommendation: Hang in there, watch the commercials, envy anyone who can call one his/her own and convince yourself that by the time you get your V6, "ALL" the hick upps they experience when launching a new vehicle will be gone by then and you get the best Mustang ever.
Old 11/23/04 | 06:45 AM

I will be ordering a V6 manual in February. You guys aren't the only ones waiting...

Can't wait til April for delivery!

Craig
Old 11/29/04 | 11:02 AM
GT Member

It's finally Nov. 29! The infamous date that "Job 2" is supposed to go into effect, anyone hear anything about the V6 manual finally being built now?
Old 11/29/04 | 11:17 AM
Bullitt Member

havent heard anything yet, but i've been to this site about a dozen times already this morning to see if anyone else has!!! Anyone from AAI see one roll down the line yet?

Edit: Today is already a good day, if the V6 manuals are actually being produced. It woudl be a GREAT day if Ford decided to release the hold on IUP so my car could hurry up and be built!!!
Old 11/29/04 | 01:06 PM

Here's something that I posted before, but it goes with this topic.....

On page 122 of Matt DeLorenzo's Mustang, a New Breed of Pony Car, he quotes Ford's Chief Engineer Thai-Tang as saying that the V6 is a real sleeper in the Mustang line.

"The V-6 manual is also a really nice package as far as performance feel" Thai-Tang notes, "The transmission's internals have been changed with more precise machining of the gear set to provide smoother operation."

When equipped with this upgraded Tremec T-5 five-speed manual (ironically, the internals are the same ones that were previously used on the Chevy Camaro), the V-6 can be a hoot to drive. It's fairly quick and predictable like it's GT sibling.

So, hold in there guys, it sounds like it's worth the wait!
Old 11/29/04 | 06:40 PM
Bullitt Member

I stopped by my dealer today after work just to ogle at 3 V6's (all auto trans, 1 w/I.U.P) & to see if they had the Accessories Catolog yet (no they don't) Anyways without asking, my salesman walks away & starts looking at printouts & talkin' w/the sales Manager. He said my car wasn't scheduled to be built yet. Now that it's the 29th they'll be checking for me often now. I ordered on Oct. 29th. Couldn't get I.U.P. I figured today's the day they get the trans in but I saw on another thread with holidays they might not start in again till this Thursday. I'm not pushing them for V.I.N. or D.O.R.A.'s I'm figuring maybe 8 weeks from now. If longer, & after the snow's over all the better. I'm just worried about my trade-in value depreciating w/added miles. By the way, you can rent a V6 Sonic Blue w/I.U.P. from them for $70 a day. I would for 1 day if it was a manual. Oh, they had the Ford GT in the showroom. White w/blue stripe. It was awesome looking. Still preferred my stang though.
Old 11/29/04 | 07:13 PM

Good luck Jim! Tell us how you like it when you get it.........
Old 12/1/04 | 04:24 PM
GT Member

PLEASE someone, anyone out there, Santa even if he's a mustang fan...does anyone really know when the V6 manuals will be built? I've searched this forum, I log on every few hours just for that reason, and no one can answer that question? The best anyone can do is "Job 2", well that passed and still nothing....

I challenge someone out there, maybe you're a dealer, maybe you work for Ford, I don't know, but can someone find out when the V6 manuals will be built????

At this point I wonder if they ever will. At least the convertibles have a starting build date, but no such thing exists for the loley V6 manual, what gives?

So in closing, can someone please PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give the three of us on this board who are buying the "V6 manual" some sort of hope? please....

Thanks
Old 12/1/04 | 04:33 PM

sundeep, I got an e-mail from my dealer today stating that the manuals have definitely been released to place with V6's. He also said IUP hold remains as does a low supply of spoilers (all of which is prior info too). So, hopefully, his info regarding the manuals is correct. Hope this helps.
Old 12/1/04 | 04:42 PM
GT Member

Thanks for the info, I don't have the spoiler or IUP, so we'll see. I hope he's right about them finally starting to be built...

Good luck with your pony!

Quick Reply: V-6 Manual Buyers