2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

UPS Store Employee Going off on Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 10/3/05, 10:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know what BROWN can do for you, but next time flush her down the toilet. POS that's what she is!
Old 10/4/05, 01:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by dswhalen@October 3, 2005, 6:54 PM
I heard that there is a new violation called, DWA and it is pretty serious. It is "driving while Asian".

Evidence includes, Tunnel vision. Can't see over the steering wheel, and can't maneuver a huge car like a Civic around a parking lot.

Watch out. :nono:
Guess what? I'm Asian. Does that mean I get a felony for driving a Mustang?
Old 10/4/05, 02:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Arrow

Lets face it, some people are so sad! They just can't stand someones good fortune.
Keep the faith! We here know the truth.
Happy Trails!!!
Old 10/4/05, 07:13 AM
Bullitt Member

I think we should all meet and kill the fat one
Old 10/4/05, 07:19 AM
V6 Member

You should give it a second chance, 320 lb-ft of torque might even get your fat hiney up and moving.
Old 10/4/05, 07:55 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Probably having her time of the month or there were not enough peanuts in her Oh Henry bar.
Old 10/4/05, 08:07 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by dswhalen@October 3, 2005, 8:56 AM
On Friday my wife parked in front of the UPS store in St. George Utah. When she went in this young, very homely fat girl started saying really loud. Look how ugly that car is. What a hideous car. I can't believe some people would even drive that.

My wife said, "that is my car." The girl didn't stop and directed her comments directly at her. Another store employee tried to soften the offense by chiming in that he liked the car. My wife just paid for the postage and left.

I think it is, "I hate your car week here" Earlier we had a 44oz big gulp tossed into our open car while we were in a store.

Did we do something wrong?

I think the UPS Employee was being sarcastic, cause she really liked the car.. Your wife may not have understood the jest, and takin it the wrong way.. Women dont like to joke around with people they dont know, and take everything literally.. I'm quite sure the UPS lady was trying to give a good compliment, that may have just come out wrong, or completely crashed and burned..

As far as leaving the car open with the windows down, not in this lifetime .. I dont trust my envirornment enough to take that chance... But then again, your in Utah, and I understand why you felt it was ok to do..
Old 10/4/05, 08:09 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by areaseven@October 3, 2005, 11:35 PM
Guess what? I'm Asian. Does that mean I get a felony for driving a Mustang?
Glad you are not taking any of this personally.. I personally have alot of Asian friends, they always have my back..

If something ever goes down, I know my Asian buddies will be there when the dust clears! LOL!! You can count on that!
Old 10/4/05, 08:24 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by MSP@October 4, 2005, 7:12 AM
Glad you are not taking any of this personally.. I personally have alot of Asian friends, they always have my back..

If something ever goes down, I know my Asian buddies will be there when the dust clears! LOL!! You can count on that!
Sorry There is a stereo type for some Asian drivers in their expensive Japanese cars in L.A. and it is because so many of them drive very badly. I think it is like my joke about blue-hairs in white Buicks with Kleenex boxes in the back windows.

Thanks for commenting. :worship:
Old 10/4/05, 09:56 AM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

Originally posted by Nick85+October 4, 2005, 9:16 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nick85 @ October 4, 2005, 9:16 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think we should all meet and kill the fat one
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-poldrv
@October 4, 2005, 9:58 AM
Probably having her time of the month or there were not enough peanuts in her Oh Henry bar.
[/quote]

Honestly guys, you are just a low as she is with your comments. I can't believe how :notnice: some people in this thread are being -
Old 10/4/05, 10:17 AM
FR500 Member

anyone who says the car is ugly is
1) highly jealous
2) drives a piece of crap
3) takes the bus
Old 10/4/05, 10:43 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by dswhalen@October 3, 2005, 8:56 AM
On Friday my wife parked in front of the UPS store in St. George Utah. When she went in this young, very homely fat girl started saying really loud. Look how ugly that car is. What a hideous car. I can't believe some people would even drive that.

My wife said, "that is my car." The girl didn't stop and directed her comments directly at her. Another store employee tried to soften the offense by chiming in that he liked the car. My wife just paid for the postage and left.

I think it is, "I hate your car week here" Earlier we had a 44oz big gulp tossed into our open car while we were in a store.

Did we do something wrong?
Maybe the employee thought the training manual read, 'Customer disservice' instead of, 'Customer service' ......
Old 10/4/05, 10:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by MSP@October 4, 2005, 7:12 AM
Glad you are not taking any of this personally..
Not at all. Just offended by the whole "DWA" stereotype, even if I no longer drive a Japanese car. Other than that, Dave posted some offensive comments towards my Mustang over at the Members' Rides: 2005+ thread. But I can forgive that. Besides, I could care less if I get no love or nanners on my V6, no matter how many mods I make or pics I take.
Old 10/4/05, 09:21 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by areaseven@October 4, 2005, 12:53 PM
Not at all. Just offended by the whole "DWA" stereotype, even if I no longer drive a Japanese car. Other than that, Dave posted some offensive comments towards my Mustang over at the Members' Rides: 2005+ thread. But I can forgive that. Besides, I could care less if I get no love or nanners on my V6, no matter how many mods I make or pics I take.
Any stang is cool in my book.you have a sweet ride.Don't let anybody else tell you differently.Heres some nanners.
Old 10/4/05, 09:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Rondosa@October 4, 2005, 9:59 AM
Honestly guys, you are just a low as she is with your comments. I can't believe how :notnice: some people in this thread are being -

It's a joke lighten up
Old 10/4/05, 11:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Nick85@October 4, 2005, 8:47 PM
It's a joke lighten up
Ditto! Don't worry - be happy!
Old 10/5/05, 12:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Rondosa@October 4, 2005, 9:59 AM

Comon its just a little joking around. We being low? Naaah.

...Maybe you know that girl at the UPS store... :scratch:
Old 10/5/05, 09:53 AM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

Originally posted by sajawebb@October 5, 2005, 1:18 AM
Ditto! Don't worry - be happy!

hey, i'm generally pretty easy going - the guys in the local car club that i hang out with are pretty rowdy and we get along fine. i'm used to being part of the macho world of automotive and motorcycle communitites.

but the racists undertones and sexist and derrogatory "jokes"...well, they just aren't funny to me. trust me, i am NOT uptight and can laugh it up with people, but when it comes to being nasty towards someone using their physical appearance...that's not cool and you're a bad person for doing that.

make fun of her for being a witch, that's fine by me, she deserved it. but calling her a cow/heffer/pig/hog - i dunno. just low, that's all.

to me, that puts you in the same book as that toothless wonder that called me a sl*t for honking my horn at him when he cut me off (without using a turn signal) and forced me into an ABS slide. seriously...

anyhoo....sorry to take it off topic but honestly, watch what you guys say. you never know what kind of person is reading this forum and i think that given the PG nature of this site in general, you should take 'er easy with the off collar comments.

kris
Old 10/5/05, 10:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member

kris
[/quote]

Hey don't read too much into this. It is some venting on some opinionated mental midget. As for the DWA you have to admit that most stereotypes are based on some form of reality.

I always joke about geezers in white buicks with kleenex boxes in the back window. I also have notice how bad some asian drivers are and in SoCal DWA is a well known joke.

So don't be too sensitive and laugh at life. If I wanted to be sensitive I would move to Berkeley or Madison and wear Birkenstocks and hemp underwear. Oh yea, how about a Prius?

Chill in your Tang
Old 10/5/05, 10:32 AM
V6 Member

its all just jokes. I think its ok as long as its not meant to hurt.

I am a computer Tech and I read all those magazines have a degree in Information Technology and I play rugby and drive a mustang. So the rugby players with their pickup trucks and envoys etc take little jabs at me for being a nerd but its all for fun. Any time any sort of math comes up or accounting questions everyone looks at me and jokingly asks me(I am jewish) but its ok cause usually I know the answer so I mean its ok to make a DWA joke or a DWO or DWF or god forbid a DWOF&A as long as it not meant to hurt.

Quick Reply: UPS Store Employee Going off on Mustang