2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Upgrades - Disappointing

Search this Thread

Old 5/20/05, 06:24 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pardon me for making myself feel better about settling for a stock v6 lot lizard - but I have to say - after reading so many posts about things not working on the 05's - that you all paid your hard earned money for - I feel kind of lucky that I don't have anything on my car that will go wrong. (Shaker problems, Global Windows, ordering IUP and not getting it, etc...).

I realize not everyone is unhappy - and of course - a lot of things can be fixed - but I just can't help but feel bad for some of you who seem to be getting the shaft.

I also say this because I talked a friend of mine into getting an 05 and he has had nothing but problems with it - and I almost feel responsible

I'm sure all the upgrades are worth it - but I can't help but wonder if it's too big of a risk for the price.

JMHO

(funny thing is...I would have ordered lock, stock and barrel if I could have afforded it )
Old 5/20/05, 06:59 AM
GT Member

must bug you little bit that you have cheap mustang talking about it. your one those people in about 3 month thinking about trading your cheap mustang in on gt.
Old 5/20/05, 07:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by black gt 2005@May 20, 2005, 9:02 AM
must bug you little bit that you have cheap mustang talking about it. your one those people in about 3 month thinking about trading your cheap mustang in on gt.
basicblack,

Dont pay attention to this guy. It appears that he is drunk. LOL
Old 5/20/05, 07:28 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The GT is no different than anything else on this planet. The more options you get the greater chance something is going to go wrong. Joe Blow that goes out and buys an alarm clock radio for $40.00 will never have problems compared to someone that spends thousands on a home entertainment system. The more features you have the more likely a problem will occur. Do I care that I have problems with my stang? Not at all. I expected it, after all it is a FORD...I can hear the oooo's and boo's already for saying that but hey, it is my 5th mustang so why should this one be any different from the rest, especially for a new model.

However, basicblack, I am glad to see you are positive in thinking that you will never have problems. Hope that holds true for your car but somehow I see you car having to make a trip or two to the service department. It's a fact of life.
Old 5/20/05, 07:36 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

On the flip side...I have mine and haven't had any issues with it thus far...only option I didn't get was leather.
Old 5/20/05, 07:40 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by black gt 2005@May 20, 2005, 8:02 AM
Well yes, if you would have read my post and understood it - you would see that INDEED...I wish I could have afforded a better stang. But that was not the intention of my post.

I guess you are one of the lucky ones with no problems with your 05. Good for you.

And theres no need to sound nasty by calling my car cheap - 'cuz let me tell you - $475 a month is NOT cheap.
Old 5/20/05, 07:49 AM
Bullitt Member

basicblack, Congrats on your Stang! I have the GT and have the Shaker, Strut popping problems - no biggy, I'll have her fixed one of these days. And I agree, you DO NOT have a cheap car! You have a bad as* beautiful 2005 Black Mustang 4.0 that you can, if you want, modify to fit your tastes. I am sure you could find a great aftermarket stereo and do many other mods to fit your personality.

If you had a cheap car, we could be discussing a brand spankin new 2005 Kia Spectra - MSRP 12,700, worth 5 - 7k after you drive it off the lot. Now -- that IS a cheap car!
Old 5/20/05, 08:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well the only problem that Ford hasn't and might not resolve is the Global Up/Down feature from the Fob. Otherwise all the other reported issues have have TSB's or were fixed by the dealership.

I'd rather have all the toys with the chance they might break then not get any extra features in my car. The Mustang without some upgrades (IUP) does look hideous inside IMO. But beyond that many of the problems posted on this form can happen just as readily to your pony as anyone else. But the IUP shortage appears to be resolved, the Shaker problem to the best of my knowledge with Shaker B was resolved. I personally don't really see the advantage of rolling my windows up or down with my fob.
Old 5/20/05, 08:46 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally posted by basicblack@May 20, 2005, 7:43 AM
'cuz let me tell you - $475 a month is NOT cheap.
$475? How many years did you finance for, my payment is $499 on a GT with everything but a Shaker 1000 and automatic.
Old 5/20/05, 08:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by basicblack@May 20, 2005, 6:43 AM
Well yes, if you would have read my post and understood it - you would see that INDEED...I wish I could have afforded a better stang. But that was not the intention of my post.

I guess you are one of the lucky ones with no problems with your 05. Good for you.

And theres no need to sound nasty by calling my car cheap - 'cuz let me tell you - $475 a month is NOT cheap.
There is an old saying,

"The man who is happiest is the one content with what he has." In that case ,good on ya.

I guess you have to know what you want to get what you want.If we wanted trouble-free cars ,we all might have bought something else.

Dang...how profound it all sounds. I'll shut up now.
Old 5/20/05, 09:04 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

:angry:
Big Deal my Eleanor is broke.......She is under warranty, and by the time Beer thirty rolls around- she will be complete again......
Her shaker broke- I fixed it
Her Brakes went- I fixed it
Her Strut Bearings went- I fixed it.....
Anything else goes- it will be fixed.

I love my car- and I am as content as a cat with her.
Old 5/20/05, 09:16 AM

I love my car also but have had a few problems. Ford has taken car of all these but added a couple of scratches in the process. They are taking care of them Monday.
Old 5/20/05, 09:32 AM
Bullitt Member

I got mine almost completely loaded everything but red leather and upgraded wheels (just because IMO all black and bullits is just the way to go) and the only issue I have is the Shaker 1000 skips a little. My car is #3711 built in Sept. I figured there would be some problems especially since its the first year of a new gen. Stang. I hear about the strut problem the trans vibrating etc. and at 4900 miles I have had no problems but the shaker 1000. and I drive it like I stole it. at least I did when I first got it. IMO this is one of the best stangs, Quality and performance. And then again maybe I just got lucky.
Old 5/20/05, 10:16 AM
Team Mustang Source

While, like everyone else, I would love to have a car without problems, ain't happen yet. The main thing for me is to have a dealer that will in good faith fix what goes wrong and on that point - I have been lucky.
Old 5/20/05, 10:25 AM
Bullitt Member

I've had no problems - just a lot of fun enjoying the driving!

(GT, IUP, leather, shaker 500, side air bags, active anti-theft, etc.)
Old 5/20/05, 10:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well I ordered the full package V6 from Ford (IUP,Shaker 1000 +++++)...and waited...and waited...and waited...The I got tired of waiting went back to the dealer and bought one off the lot for about 3g's less. Ive put a few bucks into it and now Im VERY happy with it. And ya know...Ive enjoyed doing the "mods" Ive had zero problems with the car and its unique...there's not another one like it anywhere else!! I m glad it worked out this way. Ive learnt a few things and Im enjoying the car...funny how things work out !!
Old 5/20/05, 11:02 AM
GT Member

Like most, I've had the few problems... Shaker skipping... popping struts... but hey, I love the car and it'll be worked out! My last a 00 Vert was in the shop for 50% of the time I had it the first 2 mths. Rear end made noise... they "fixed" it... and it locked up completely. My 95 also had a few problems when I got it... so this isn't the first new Mustang that I've bought and had minor issues with... its the third new one... my other 2 before these 3 were used. I deal with them because I :worship: the Stang! Not to mention, I've had friends purchase other makes and models across the board and it seems you always end up w/ one or two issues regardless of what you purchase.

Anyway, CONGRATS on your car basicblack... here's a nana for ya...
Old 5/20/05, 12:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

There are issues with any car and any trim level, its a crap shoot. I say get what you want, don't settle for a car w/out the options you want!
Old 5/20/05, 12:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by basicblack@May 20, 2005, 6:27 AM
Pardon me for making myself feel better about settling for a stock v6 lot lizard - but I have to say - after reading so many posts about things not working on the 05's - that you all paid your hard earned money for - I feel kind of lucky that I don't have anything on my car that will go wrong. (Shaker problems, Global Windows, ordering IUP and not getting it, etc...).

I realize not everyone is unhappy - and of course - a lot of things can be fixed - but I just can't help but feel bad for some of you who seem to be getting the shaft.

I also say this because I talked a friend of mine into getting an 05 and he has had nothing but problems with it - and I almost feel responsible

I'm sure all the upgrades are worth it - but I can't help but wonder if it's too big of a risk for the price.

JMHO

(funny thing is...I would have ordered lock, stock and barrel if I could have afforded it )

Why feel bad for your friend who bought a GT? This has nothing to do with the car having problems unless the guy had a burned out fog light. These things you mentioned effect the v6's too.
Old 5/20/05, 12:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by JZInternet@May 20, 2005, 2:35 PM
Why feel bad for your friend who bought a GT? This has nothing to do with the car having problems unless the guy had a burned out fog light. These things you mentioned effect the v6's too.

This very true. All problems the GT has are indeed the same for the V6. Nothing less-nothing more.

So dont worry about your friend because you guys are in the same boat.

Quick Reply: Upgrades - Disappointing