2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

UNFREAKINBELIEVABLE!

Search this Thread

Old 12/2/04, 08:00 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am sitting here in absolute disbelief....

My car... is here.... since it came in compeltely unannounced, and THREE weeks early... the guys PDI'd it, and then told my sales guy it was in.

I dont even have the down for it, because I havent sold my 99. I am happy its here, but sad because I cant even go to look at it until I figure out what I am going to do!!!

I know, .... I could cry!
Old 12/2/04, 08:02 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

We know if you cry, they are tears of joy Jess. Congratulations, that must have been some surprise! Of course, this thread is still "somewhat" worthless without pics, LOL.
Old 12/2/04, 08:04 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Congrats Jessica, not get rid of the 99 and get your new baby.
Old 12/2/04, 08:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Will they take your '99 on trade? Maybe - just maybe - they will give you a reasonably good trade value for your '99 and you can just do it all at one place?

Good luck and hang in there - it WILL work out!
Old 12/2/04, 08:21 PM
GT Member

TRADE TRADE TRADE TRADE

Jessica has been expecting her baby for along time. Now its finally here and she doesnt know what to do. LOL

TRADE TRADE TRADE TRADE in that 99.

Here is a nanner for U Jess

Old 12/2/04, 08:28 PM
GT Member

If you don't want to trade, buy it with $0 down and then sell the 99. Then go online to capitalonefinance.com and refinance the car. You will then use the proceeds from the sale to cut the loan amount, just as if you put money down to begin with! You'll have about 45 days before you even have to make your first payment. If money is really tight, take iit to CARMAX about 2-weeks before your first payment if a private sale hasn't occured by then. All of the above assumes you have a decent job and a credit score of 700 or better.
Old 12/2/04, 08:33 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

My problem is that my sales guy has already said they wont even give us KBB on my 99... But, even hubby is telling me that we should just trade it in, he thinks we can talk them into giving us KBB for it.

You all wanna know the really bad part?? Someone owes me enough money to buy TWO GTs, and he cant even give me anything...

I feel like my kid in jail, and I dont have enough for bail!! LOL I wont be able to sleep tonight...
Old 12/2/04, 08:34 PM
FR500 Member

Congrats Jessica, when did you place your order? You'll find a way to get her home.
Old 12/2/04, 08:44 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Car will be in hubbys name, and he has a GREAT job, but due to a terminally ill kid, medical bills has killed our credit rating.

There is serious talk of just biting the bullet and begging RSM to give us KBB for my 99. The extra couple grand is only working out to be about $20/month anyway. We have pristine Ford credit. Hopefully that will help when it comes to our inerest rate.
Old 12/2/04, 08:47 PM
GT Member

Jess- the dealer is going to give you MAX: $6000. It's Christmas time...do what I told you so you can clean up the 99 and put it out for sale! Someone wants to buy their kid a Mustang for Christmas and $7,000-$7,500 sounds like a quick sale to me! Don't sweat it, go get your car. If all else fails, I GUARANTEE THAT CARMAX WILL GIVE YOU MORE THAN THE FORD DEALER-AND THEY WILL BUY YOUR CAR ON THE SPOT!!!
Old 12/2/04, 08:49 PM

Jessica,

After reading your threads over the last few weeks, I have to say, I am so glad you got your car.

Prayers for your kid!

Regards,

Randy in Houston

B)
Old 12/2/04, 08:51 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

I just had it detailed inside and out, the engine cleaned,, ETC. YESTERDAY. Was going tonight to buy the FOR SALE Stickers for the back window.

I am going to look into Carmax, we wont qualify for $0down, but if Carmax gives me $7k for it, its better than $6! LOL
Old 12/2/04, 09:02 PM
Cobra R Member

Don't know what to tell 'ya Jess..... Of course it's all dependent on the finances, but sometimes it's a peace of mind to just bite the bullitt and trade. B) If your '99 is paid off, then it frees you up for alot of options......but if it's still financed, then you've got to continue to insure it as you try to sell it as well. It kinda sounds like you were frustrated that your car wasn't here yet.....and now that it is....... If your '99 is in good to excellent shape, then I don't know why they wouldn't give you 'Good' and 'Trade Value'. I actually got $500 over kbb 'Trade Value' for my Isuzu, and that was good enough for me against straight MSRP on the Stang. I wouldn't mess around too long though, or they will sell your car to someone else......I doubt they are going to let you tie it up sitting on their lot for any length of time, not when people are hot after the GT as it is anyway. I wish the best for you girl......and i hope it's officially "YOURS" sometime soon.
Old 12/2/04, 09:08 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Giddyup, we paid off the 99 years ago... Its in REALLY good condition, somewhere between good and excellent. No accidents, paint is in good condition. New clutch.... LOW miles.

My sales guy told me not to stress. He took the keys home with him, its sitting in the back, and he told me he would hold it for as long as possible. He feels bad because they PDI'd it, and he knew I wanted to be there for it.

I was expecting my car around 12/15... was really frustrated that it took that long, but, who knew the thing would be built and delivered in 9 days flat? Just when I had decided it would be good to wait til the 15th to get it so I would have time to sell the 99... it shows up.
Old 12/2/04, 09:17 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Jessica, I don't know what to say about your child other than that has to be an extremely stressful situation. I wish you and your child the best. But don't give your self more stress. Here's something else to think about, I know in FL and OH, and I think everywhere, you pay tax on the difference between your trade and new car. For example:

On Trade:
New Car 20000
Trade - 10000
-------------------
Pay tax on $10000

If you sell it yourself you'll have to pay tax on the full $20000. (just for example)

Hope that may help you.
Old 12/2/04, 09:27 PM
Cobra R Member

John is right, Jess..... every little bit helps, but you're talking about taxing the full amount of $29,000 + change.....and a trade that you estimate as valued at $6,000 - $7,000. In WA (since I don't know you sales tax rate) it is approx. $550 out of pocket savings. Now, if you are talking of Ford giving you $6,000 and hoping to get $7,000 approx. by selling another avenue.....you're probably money and stress ahead by just trading it in. Sorry if this sounds confusing......the more I type, the more scrambled it sounds to me too.
Old 12/2/04, 09:47 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

I can conceivably get 10k for my car. I was reaching for 12, but, given three weeks, I think I could have gotten 10 for it.

Now... my KBB is 7900. I know the dealer isnt going to give me that, but if I can get him to give me $6000 it might just be worth it to just trade it in. The 3k difference is not going to change my payments that much, but it would have paid my taxes. I am getting the car for $89 over invoice, which means a rough estimate of the financed amount with 7.75% tax, is about 26k. Drop in my trade, and I am financing 20k. I was hoping to only be financing about 16, but oh well!

I defintely will be more willing to work more knowing my baby is in the garage!
Old 12/2/04, 09:50 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Thanks all for the good wishes for my daughter. She is 11, and she is one tough little cookie. She has Cystic Fibrosis, and even though you couldnt tell by her medical bills, she is one of the healthiest kids they have in the area.
Old 12/2/04, 09:52 PM
FR500 Member

yea i agree....trade it
Old 12/2/04, 10:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Jess, if you can swing the extra $20/month by trading it in, then I would do it. The tax advantage (taxes assessed on the difference versus the entire purchase price) is small but still measurable.

Having the car you want is important but if you CAN get a better number for your '99 - and here's the key - in a quick turnaround, then by all means buying outright is better.

But this being December and a hard time of year to sell a used sports car (unless you live in Fla or Cali), it boils down to what can you afford and how long do you want to wait to get it - assuming you CAN sell it?

Best of luck to you, Jess!