2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Unbelievable allocation!

Search this Thread

Old 4/1/05, 12:39 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I called my Regional Rep today to see if he had any idea on when I can expect my car to be serialized. He had some VERY discouraging news. He told me that my zone (41 dealerships) is getting an average of 1 (that's right, 1) GT a week!! He said there's a good chance I won't get an 05. Since I ordered on Dec. 7th, I'm very frustrated as I thought my car would be in my garage by now. I have searched inventories all over the place, but can't find a car identical to what I've ordered. I'm not going to settle for less than what I want, so I guess I may end up getting an 06. Sorry about the rant....but if anyone could understand, it'll be you guys.
Old 4/1/05, 12:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sounds like a trip to Florida or Texas is in order.
Old 4/1/05, 12:51 PM
GT Member

:cry: :cry:
Old 4/1/05, 12:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

It just goes to show you that dealer allocation doesn't allways play the part. If FORD doesn't allocate the cars to a zone or region, then the dealer's allocations can't get filled.

See, it CAN be FORD's fault!

Grantsdale in 5.....4.....3......2......1.....
Old 4/1/05, 01:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Yah, I am getting really discouraged about the whole GT allocation here in the north. Right now, there are no GTs at all available near my local zip codes. It's easier to get a V6 vert than a GT coupe! I just want to be able to test drive a 5speed GT on a lot for heaven sakes. I mean they have been out for more than half a year, and spring is here! This is just pathetic!
Old 4/1/05, 02:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by outdoorstom@April 1, 2005, 3:42 PM
I called my Regional Rep today to see if he had any idea on when I can expect my car to be serialized. He had some VERY discouraging news. He told me that my zone (41 dealerships) is getting an average of 1 (that's right, 1) GT a week!! He said there's a good chance I won't get an 05. Since I ordered on Dec. 7th, I'm very frustrated as I thought my car would be in my garage by now. I have searched inventories all over the place, but can't find a car identical to what I've ordered. I'm not going to settle for less than what I want, so I guess I may end up getting an 06. Sorry about the rant....but if anyone could understand, it'll be you guys.
I really feel for you, Tom...the allocation deal really is the pits! :angry: I'm so glad I gave up on my order and started looking a month ago. I doubt the car I ordered will end up getting built, at least not as an '05. Best of luck to you and keep searching in the meantime.
Old 4/1/05, 02:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

I don't get it, I'm in Cincinnati, Ohio. A pretty good sized city, with nearly 2 million people in the city and surrounding area. I have seen 2 GT's on the road here and one at a dealership, and heard about one at another dealership.

What the F? What, its cold here in the winter, so we don't get any 05 GTs

My dealer said they were getting one GT allocation a MONTH, yeah, a month. BS :notnice:
Old 4/1/05, 02:13 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by jwede@April 1, 2005, 12:57 PM
Grantsdale in 5.....4.....3......2......1.....
Ahhh, but you're missing something in the equation. You can only invoke Grantsdale when the weather is poopy in Connecticut. I think the weather is nice right now, so I bet he's out driving.
Old 4/1/05, 02:16 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by moc1976@April 1, 2005, 3:12 PM
I don't get it, I'm in Cincinnati, Ohio. A pretty good sized city, with nearly 2 million people in the city and surrounding area. I have seen 2 GT's on the road here and one at a dealership, and heard about one at another dealership.

My dealer said they were getting one GT allocation a MONTH, yeah, a month. BS :notnice:
Same situation exactly here in Kansas City.
Old 4/1/05, 04:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Sorry to here about Your delay. I have been following your order since you first posted. I dont think I could be patient enough to wait six mos.. I think I would try a national search followed by a ROAD TRIP to any dealer that had a similar car to what you have ordered. Best of luck Ron :bang: :bang: :bang:
Old 4/1/05, 04:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have a hard time believing that the New York area is only getting 1 GT allocated a week. I gotta think the regional rep is full of . Considering how many Mustangs they pump out a week even if the GT was at 37% they are still building thousands.
Old 4/2/05, 04:10 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by Stadifer@April 1, 2005, 5:47 PM
I have a hard time believing that the New York area is only getting 1 GT allocated a week. I gotta think the regional rep is full of . Considering how many Mustangs they pump out a week even if the GT was at 37% they are still building thousands.

I think maybe you're talking about New York City? I live 8 hours north of there...in a VERY rural area. I am the first customer order (they had one GT and 2 V-6's in stock last November) they have...not one retail order at this dealership on the 05. That is unbelieavable, but true! :scratch:
Old 4/2/05, 05:08 AM

I ordered my vert in January behind two others at the time. None of them have been pulled yet. However, a friend of mine on vacation calls me from Beaufort, SC and they have 72 Mustangs on the lot, over 1/2 of them GTs and many of them Verts.

So they can have them on the lot for inventory and we can't get one in North. MI thats already sold.

I don't understand the system/
Old 4/2/05, 05:31 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by moc1976@April 1, 2005, 3:12 PM

Marc, I'm in Dayton and ordered exactly the same day you did. I got my GT on March 6th. If you feel like you are not getting anywhere with your dealer it might be worth a trip up. I ordered from Eastgate Ford in Beavercreek, excellent service. I see more and more GT's up here every day.

Good luck, I know the waiting is painful, I am waiting again because some lady rear-ended me a couple of weeks ago.
Old 4/2/05, 08:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Tom, it's very discouraging. I feel your pain. My dealer told us his allocation was just 1 GT a month (Northwest Region) so we started searching on our own. Found one just like you're looking for and made a deal for it. Still haven't cancelled my December order with the other dealer, but I will as soon as the one with IUP shows up in a couple weeks since we were at least sixth in line. Our goal when we ordered in December was to have one by the spring/summer.

Greg
Old 4/2/05, 08:51 AM
GT Member

Talked to my dealer earlier in the week and he said that Ford had told them no more GT orders for stock and that only "sold" orders would be built. Supposedly there are enough "sold" orders in the pipe to carry them through to the changeover to the '06 model year.

The strange part to me is he didn't know whether my order is considered "sold" or not but that he should know one way or the other by the end of next week. Well if worse comes to worse and I get pushed out to '06, I might try to convince myself to spend a little more money and go for the GT 500!
Old 4/2/05, 09:16 AM
Bullitt Member

If I don't get an '05 in time for summer I will never buy a Ford again. It's took me 21 years to return to this company as it is and I live in Fordland. He originally told me 6-10 weeks, I ordered in February, now he says 3-5 months with a chance it may not be built at all. Could've been honest up front.
Old 4/2/05, 10:39 AM
Cobra Member

you scared the poop outta me lol i live about 15miles from midtown manhattan and i was gonna put in a order, which i still am since i imagine wed have no problem getting them

Originally posted by outdoorstom+April 2, 2005, 5:13 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(outdoorstom @ April 2, 2005, 5:13 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Stadifer@April 1, 2005, 5:47 PM

I think maybe you're talking about New York City? I live 8 hours north of there...in a VERY rural area. I am the first customer order (they had one GT and 2 V-6's in stock last November) they have...not one retail order at this dealership on the 05. That is unbelieavable, but true! :scratch:
[/b][/quote]
Old 4/3/05, 05:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I got this email from my salesman on Friday. He's been doing his best, I have no doubt about that. Also, huge thanks to Dave (davids2toys) and Chris (CelticCub) for all your help!

Tom,
I have put in a call to my "top dog" who is our regional sales manager for New York. I talked with Sharon and she said she would not have a problem with me going over her head. He is out the rest of today ,but he should call me Monday. I will do my best beg and plead to try to get you your allocation.

Ted
Old 4/3/05, 06:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Tom,
Your are going to get pulled next week for sure, I gotta feeling!!!
I am going to post the letter I wrote to the president of Ford customer relations, I believe got me some results as far as getting my car built...I now have a build date and I ended up speaking with the regional manager personally:

Dear Mr. Codina,
I ordered a Ford Mustang and left a $2,000.00 deposit on December 7, 2004. It's been over 3 months now and this is really beginning to get very frustrating. I have spoken with customer service and my dealer numerous times and I am getting absolutely nowhere.

When I ordered the car I was told 6-8 weeks for delivery. It is now double that time and I am no closer to owning my 2005 Mustang GT than the day I ordered it. My order is still clean and unscheduled.

I spend a lot of time on www.themustangsource.com and what is becoming very frustrating and disheartening is the fact that many orders( same car and options) that were placed way after mine ( as much as 8 weeks) are being serialized and getting build dates and even getting delivered. This is even happening in cars that were ordered in my home state of CT.

The bottom line is that I can't seem to get any help anywhere; just a lot of doubletalk and passing the buck. I am hoping you can help me. I would be happy if my car would just start getting built. I don't mind waiting and/or dealing with part shortages, etc, etc...but when newer identical orders are being built ahead of mine, it's like somebody is cutting the line you are waiting on, and now it is getting even more maddening when I see convertibles that were ordered last month, being delivered when I have a 3 month old order that is not even serialized yet.

I will tell you a little about myself. I have always been a car enthusiast and have owned mostly GM products. I even own a 1960 corvette presently. When I saw the beautiful job Ford did with the 05 Stang, I decided to have an open mind and check it out. As soon as I drove it, I was hooked and in love; I really connected with this car, and so I decided this was the car I wanted to drive every day. At that point I decided to step into the unknown and give Ford a chance. I put my order in one week later.

I don't know what the problem is with the production/allocation system that is presently in place. I would think first orders in would be the first orders out but the way Ford is building them is highly unfair to the end user; me, the customer!

Please find attached to this email my Vehicle Order Confirmation. It scanned a little light so it is a little hard to read. I will give you the high points.
I ordered this car to be my everyday vehicle. I presently drive a Nissan Maxima. I've had this car tentatively sold for 10 weeks based upon my purchase of this mustang. The buyer was just waiting for me to receive the Mustang. Well, I finally had to let the buyer go because he could not wait any longer for me. I also refinanced my house and took the money I needed to purchase the mustang out of my equity, so that money plus my deposit are just sitting in limbo with me paying interest and waiting for my car to be built.

Mr. Codina, I respectfully request that you address this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

David xxxxxxxx

Quick Reply: Unbelievable allocation!