2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Unable to remove the center console

Search this Thread

Old 1/27/06, 09:45 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm trying to remove the center console and am running into some problems. I was able to remove the screws and unplug the electical connectors but the temperature control *****/unit is still attached to the face of the console. As a result, the console still doesn't come loose completely. I'm able to pull ahead a little bit, but the connectors behind the temp control unit dont allow it to go any further. I'm unable to disconnect the plugs since its hard to see/reach. Can some one tell me what I'm doing wrong, or how to remove the face completely?

Hopefully, the attached image helps you understand what the heck I'm talking about. The red arrow marks the spot where the temp control unit is still connected to the face. The three ***** are NOT sitting back in the console as show in the PDF.

Here is the link to the PDF I'm following: CLICK HERE!
Old 1/27/06, 10:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are two connectors that you are not removing, that is keeping it from coming out. They are both a little tough to take out. They have a lever on them that you need to move first. Once you move that lever they come right out. Get a flashlight and examine the connector and you'll see what I mean.