2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Uh-Oh

Search this Thread

Old 11/12/04 | 06:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Unhappy

Stopped by the dealership tonight to get an update and, to my suprise, was told that my build date is scheduled for next week! Little problem with that though; I'm not supposed to get the car until Late January or early February . Salesman said they expect the car next month. I wasn't planning on putting my truck up for sale till the first, now I have to get it prepped for sale next week. Admittedly, it's a good problem to be in . Although the dealer said they could keep the car for a couple weeks before handing it over , the wife was wise enough to realize that would mean it would be on the showroom at best, and an occasional test drive car at worst, so we won't let that happen :nono: . In any case, he's supposed to dig up my VIN number for me over the weekend so I'll have more info. He did apologize for the early delivery, it just got provisioned faster than he expected. One thing in my favor is that they don't seem to be a high allotment dealer, so maybe the delivery time will drag out a little while between shipments. Just thought I'd share with everyone. Talk about a Christmas present if it comes early though!

Jason
Old 11/12/04 | 06:44 PM

Something tells me that once the factory ramps up and quality hold cars are released that there will be stangs everywhere. Its gonna take a long time for the hype to cool down.
Old 11/12/04 | 07:24 PM
I Have No Life

I got a call last night that mine gets built on Monday and have a delivery ETA of Nov 26th...wish it was sooner but oh well. Saw my first V6 today. Not bad but I still like the GT better. I just can't wait for mine...patience is running low....
Old 11/12/04 | 07:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Radman@November 12, 2004, 7:40 PM
...Although the dealer said they could keep the car for a couple weeks before handing it over , the wife was wise enough to realize that would mean it would be on the showroom at best, and an occasional test drive car at worst, so we won't let that happen :nono: ...
yeah they would LOVE that. My dealer told me that too. Can you imagine? Kids messing around with it for a couple months, people with muddy shoes stepping in it, and leaning on it. Then a big fat lady walks by and the rivet from her jeans puts a big scratch in my paint job. No thanks. I would buy a showroom car if it was free from scratches but I wouldn't risk MY car like that either.
Old 11/12/04 | 07:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@November 12, 2004, 8:27 PM
I got a call last night that mine gets built on Monday and have a delivery ETA of Nov 26th...wish it was sooner but oh well. Saw my first V6 today. Not bad but I still like the GT better. I just can't wait for mine...patience is running low....
Hmmm, we'll have the same build week. I sure hope mine doesn't come that soon! Wife would be so pissed at me! Oh well, we'll survive. I can't wait!!!!!

Jason
Old 11/12/04 | 07:43 PM
I Have No Life

Originally posted by Radman+November 12, 2004, 8:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Radman @ November 12, 2004, 8:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-adrenalin@November 12, 2004, 8:27 PM
Hmmm, we'll have the same build week. I sure hope mine doesn't come that soon! Wife would be so pissed at me! Oh well, we'll survive. I can't wait!!!!!

Jason [/b][/quote]
My wife wants mine to show up asap. She thinks that will make me shut up. hahahaha then again she doesn't realize I have already cut my racing stripes, about to order an exhaust system and trying to figure out what rims to get. I can just see it now, she'll come home from work the day I get the car and I will already have it jacked up ripping off the mufflers
Old 11/12/04 | 07:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah, I was planning on the CDC glass roof, but any extra I get for the car will probably go to the earlier car payments now :cry: Oh well, maybe I can get in a couple years to renew my interst in the car . We'll see.

Jason
Old 11/12/04 | 07:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Remeber Thanksgiving may add a week extra to you receiving your car. But right now it seems two weeks after build is delivery.
Old 11/12/04 | 09:37 PM
legacy Tms Member

After a test trive I ordered mine today!! Legendary lime green 5sp ,dark charcoal leather interior,UIP,wheel locks ,bullit rims,active anti-theft,seat side airbags,500 shaker system
Old 11/13/04 | 07:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

I love the Legend Lime! LL is actually my favorite color, but the wife hates it and loves the Redfire. Besides, the Redfire lets me get the ICAP. Congrats!

Jason
Old 11/13/04 | 10:57 AM
legacy Tms Member

Thanks Jason I love the look of the IAP and redfire will just make it stand out more!! but I had to have lime Jennie ...she did it for me
Old 11/16/04 | 09:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

LOL Just called the Sales Manager to try and get an accurate update on my car.

VIN 1ZVHT82H455114800

Build Date: 11/9 Not 11/18!!!!
ETA: 11/18!!!!!

My salesman must not be used to pre-orders as he was all confused. Practically no chance of selling my truck in time now. I know the delivery dates are to be taken with a grain of salt, and this dealer has 2 that were due last monday and still haven't shown up but, the 18th is Thursday! And I wasn't expecting the car till Feb. Unless they give me decent value on my truck for trade in, there's no way I can take delivery. Oh well, here's hoping the truck sells in the next few days to a week, or they give me good trade-in value. On the upside, I'll actually be able to see the Redfire with ICAP in person, and have a different reason for walking if I don't like it . Wish me luck! The wife is pretty much on-board with taking delivery early, just have to get the payments to our target goal. This place is like a freaking soap opera since our babies started shipping..............

Jason

WTH happened to my spelling ability anyways?
Old 11/16/04 | 09:24 AM
legacy Tms Member

WTG Jason,do what you can to pick her up...for in another link they say that the mustang is to go up in price from 150 to 500 dollars by nov 29th....so do what you can to grab a hold of her!!
Old 11/16/04 | 09:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah I read that too. Hopefully, it gets delivered next Wednesday so if we don't take delivery, then we can re-order before the increase. Of course, if I sell the truck myself, it won't really matter, just means no mods.

Jason
Old 11/16/04 | 09:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Oh, and to correct my earlier post, ship date was the 9th, not sure of the build date. Guess I'll call customer service for that.

Jason
Old 11/16/04 | 09:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

The WAF on this car must be higher than I thought. She just said not accepting delivery would be a LAST RESORT. Caps hers . Can you tell I'm excited?

Jason