2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

TSB question help dealership says *?*

Search this Thread

Old 3/22/05, 07:19 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
:ranting:

Ok well a few days ago I contacted my salesman took him 2 days to get back with me he said he checked on any TSB's and sure enough he said there were some problems.

So I called the Service Dep. After talking to him and I tell them blah blah about the cd player and the Gas tank problem the lady says we don't have nothing about any problems with the 2005 Mustang, :bang: WTH lady your salesman just got the info and said there was indeed a problem.

Then the lady goes on takes my information ect.. then she tells me they hire people to work on the audio stuff so now i'm gonna have some random guy working inside my car :notnice: is that normal?

well my 05 goes in Thursday at 8 am hopefully everything goes good.

Should I print out the TSB and take it in with me?

thanks for any help....
Old 3/22/05, 07:26 PM
Banned

Whats your question?
Old 3/22/05, 07:29 PM
V6 Member

sorry you must have missed my questions in all my ranting

Then the lady goes on takes my information ect.. then she tells me they hire people to work on the audio stuff so now i'm gonna have some random guy working inside my car is that normal?

2nd question

Old 3/22/05, 07:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Print up the TSB sticky and take it with you. I think some places do contract out audio services.
Old 3/22/05, 07:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

i asked my dealer about the TSB and they ran my VIN and said they was nothing and i told them about the problems i have seen on here and he said he had no idea cause my VIN came back with no TSB

is that how it all works?
Old 3/22/05, 07:52 PM
Banned

Originally posted by RetroKid@March 22, 2005, 10:32 PM
sorry you must have missed my questions in all my ranting

Then the lady goes on takes my information ect.. then she tells me they hire people to work on the audio stuff so now i'm gonna have some random guy working inside my car is that normal?

2nd question

Much better. The first question varies by dealership. If they don't have audio people, they are going to have to bring someone in, so yes.

Second question: It can't hurt if you do. That way, worst case, you only wasted a piece of paper and some ink.
Old 3/23/05, 08:27 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I took my car in for the radio also. The service rep said they have an audio guy that comes in on Thursdays. He looks at radios only. If there are no radios that day, he just leaves.

Funny part is the servie rep told me that I could not play burned CDs in my player. I aked him how would I play any MP3. He said he is just relaying info from the radio guy, he was not familiar with this unit.

The day after I turned my car in, the TSB came out. But the dealer has a radio on backorder. They expect it in 11 weeks.