2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Troy Trepanier signed my sunvisor!! PICS!!

Search this Thread

Old 9/26/07, 06:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Troy Trepanier signed my sunvisor!! PICS!!

This happened a few weeks ago, but finally got time to post pics. Some of you may have heard of the name Troy Trepanier. He's a custom car builder/designer out of Chicago. He was on an episode of Rides with his Quadradeuce AWD roadster. He recently became a bit more famous as he won the prestigous Riddler Award this past Spring for his work for Ross Myers and his 1936 Ford Coupe named First Love. If you haven't seen First Love, its an amazing car!! Over 2 years and a reported $3,000,000 into it. Its truely automotive art.

Well, I met the man at a local picnic that is held every year at the home of Ross & Beth Myers (his father started Allen Myers Construction Company long ago). I go to this show with my parents (their members of the AACA) and the show is for all the car people Ross knows. Its a fun day with all the food you can eat, all the drinks you can drink, and desert everywhere. The best part, the cars. That day, a 300 SL Gullwing showed up. Several 32 Ford Hot Rods fully restored, Shelby Mustangs, old XK Jaguars, you name it. Anything is bound to show up. So I brought my Mustang to the show , as its a nice looking car and anything nice, or different is welcome to park on the field whether old or new (plus a few new GT500s showed up, so I was good) Got alot of compliments from the people walking around.

Anyhow, my father sees me chatting with a few friends, and asks, if I saw the car in the garage. "Not yet" I said. "You gotta go in there and see it, its a serious piece, beautiful" he said. So I walk in, and see the Riddler Trophy, the sign and the car. OH MY GOD!!! Its the Riddler winner. I never put it together until that second. Then I turn to my left, and there is Troy Trepanier signing posters of First Love. Let me tell you, he's just like Chip Foose in his demeanor. Very humble, very down to earth, and a true car guy. Signed autographs all day long, and took pics with everyone who asked. He even brought his family with, and a few of his crew who built the car who could attend.

So after the ceremony for the scholarships that are awarded every year (this is what the picnic is for, to raise money for the local community college and scholarships for students. $35 per person fee, which is a tax write-off for my folks, but WELL WORTH IT with all the cars there and how much food, lol), I caught up with Troy and asked him if he would sign my sunvisor. "Sure" he said. We walked over to my car, and he hopped in it, after saying how wonderful a job Ford did on the Mustang, and saying how he liked what I did with my car. So I got a few shots of him signing the car. Now I have HTT, & Troy Trepanier, on the drivers side visor and all I need is Foose to finish that side. Shelby is already on the passenger side, and I'm hunting for Roush and Saleen. Hope you enjoy the pics of First Love and of Troy (sorry a few are a little blurry. The lighting inside was very low and my camera is overtech and I never figured out how to use the special adjustments). He's a really cool down to earth car nut like us all. The Anti-Coddington!! And his work is beyond words!!!
Attached Thumbnails Troy Trepanier signed my sunvisor!! PICS!!-firstlove5.jpg   Troy Trepanier signed my sunvisor!! PICS!!-firstlove.jpg   Troy Trepanier signed my sunvisor!! PICS!!-firstlove1.jpg   Troy Trepanier signed my sunvisor!! PICS!!-firstlove3.jpg   Troy Trepanier signed my sunvisor!! PICS!!-firstlove2.jpg  

Troy Trepanier signed my sunvisor!! PICS!!-riddler.jpg   Troy Trepanier signed my sunvisor!! PICS!!-troysigns.jpg   Troy Trepanier signed my sunvisor!! PICS!!-troysigns1.jpg  
Old 9/26/07, 08:32 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He did the windshield on my dad's 34 roadster. That guy is amazing. He aint cheap, but he could build you a turn signal, and it's going to be featured in Hot Rod Magazine. His cars are sick!

That's awesome you got him to sign that! Hurry up to get Shelby! Time ain't on his side!!!

CR
Old 9/26/07, 08:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
That's awesome. I've always been curious about visiting his shop. It's only a couple hours away. But I don't know how he takes to visitors just wanting to tour his facility. He seems like a cool guy.
Old 9/26/07, 10:43 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow!

1. Ok, now get thee to the local frame shop and pick up a pair of wooden display cases, nice lining that sort of thing.

2. Install said visors into case (behind glass).

3. Swing by the local Ford guys and get second pair of visors to replace the ones now securly behind glass.

Were it me, I think I would be sick at heart if something happened to them, like some kid putting greasy McFinger Prints on them. Or heaven forbid, somebody swipes your car, or it gets wrecked. Having them around in the months and years to come would be neat, especially because of your fond memories of getting them signed and meeting these "icons" of our era.

Regards,
Chuck
Old 9/27/07, 05:53 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
That's what I'd do.
Old 9/27/07, 08:53 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
He did the windshield on my dad's 34 roadster. That guy is amazing. He aint cheap, but he could build you a turn signal, and it's going to be featured in Hot Rod Magazine. His cars are sick!

That's awesome you got him to sign that! Hurry up to get Shelby! Time ain't on his side!!!

CR
CR, I have Shelby's sig on my passenger side visor. I just need Foose, Roush, and Saleen to complete the super 6 of auto icons IMO!

Troy is a cool dude. I'm sure he wouldn't mind opening up the shop for others to see it DarkFireGT.
Old 9/27/07, 09:01 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
CR, I have Shelby's sig on my passenger side visor. I just need Foose, Roush, and Saleen to complete the super 6 of auto icons IMO!
Awesome! You're going to have one hell of a collection going!

CR
Tillman Speed
610-497-3711
Old 9/27/07, 10:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I must say there is no denying the talent. But I have never been a fan of the hotrods/roadsters of the 30's and 40's. I think the best looking cars came about in the late 50's through the 60's. But you gotta give props to the mad skills
Old 9/27/07, 06:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Thats awesome!! I have yet to get invited to one of his parties, lol.
My cousins shop does some media blasting for some of his work. Hes hung out with Troy and Chip a few times, been featured in a few magazines also.
I just gotta weasel my way in somehow!