Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Took a Drive Today!

Search this Thread

Old 4/11/14, 07:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Took a Drive Today!

Took the new to me 2007 Mustang GT/CS out today for a ride to Wabash, Indiana. About an hour from our home. The Mustang ran awesome, got great gas mileage, and was a hoot taking off running it up to the speed limit. Even the wife loves the car and she tested out the front leather heated seat and said the very comfy. She fell asleep so I think she was tellin the truth...LOL!!!
Stopped at Brandt's Harley shop and looked at the new 2014 scoots. They are sweet and cost a lot. Gonna be happy with my current old scoot for now.
Weather was warm and my back was comfy in the seats as well. (However I stayed awake, not like the wifey!)
Did you get out today or have plans for the weekend to get out and enjoy a fun Mustang drive?
Lets hear about it!
Regards & drive safe
Phil
Old 4/11/14, 08:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by Phil_R
Took the new to me 2007 Mustang GT/CS out today for a ride to Wabash, Indiana. About an hour from our home. The Mustang ran awesome, got great gas mileage, and was a hoot taking off running it up to the speed limit. Even the wife loves the car and she tested out the front leather heated seat and said the very comfy. She fell asleep so I think she was tellin the truth...LOL!!!
Stopped at Brandt's Harley shop and looked at the new 2014 scoots. They are sweet and cost a lot. Gonna be happy with my current old scoot for now.
Weather was warm and my back was comfy in the seats as well. (However I stayed awake, not like the wifey!)
Did you get out today or have plans for the weekend to get out and enjoy a fun Mustang drive?
Lets hear about it!
Regards & drive safe
Phil
Yes Phil, yes I did. And I will tomorrow. Your ride sounds great.
Old 4/11/14, 09:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 101 Likes on 74 Posts
Sounds like a fun ride, you up there in "flat land" I see (have a buddy who went Fed and lives near Indy at Greenwood that we've visited).

I did some maintenance details on the Mustang today, hoping that we can take it out Sunday maybe. Tomorrow I need to wash some cars .... and if she feels up to it .... we'll maybe take a ride to meet our GWRRA chapter folk at dinner about 1-1/2 hours further up the valley tomorrow evening.
Old 4/12/14, 07:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GrnT
Yes Phil, yes I did. And I will tomorrow. Your ride sounds great.
Hey Mark,

Glad you had fun yesterday as well

Have a good drive today too & be safe!

Phil
Old 4/12/14, 07:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by tbear853
Sounds like a fun ride, you up there in "flat land" I see (have a buddy who went Fed and lives near Indy at Greenwood that we've visited).

I did some maintenance details on the Mustang today, hoping that we can take it out Sunday maybe. Tomorrow I need to wash some cars .... and if she feels up to it .... we'll maybe take a ride to meet our GWRRA chapter folk at dinner about 1-1/2 hours further up the valley tomorrow evening.
Indy is about 1.5 hours from us. And yes, flat roads make for good gas mileage

Be careful out riding today. Remember, as you well know I am sure, some drivers can look right at you and never see you, so take care on your ride to dinner with your GWRRA friends. Have fun though!

Gotta help wash a Edge & F150 today. Wife will do most of the washing probably. Darn upper back still is very sore and need to get those darn staples out too! Hurry up Tuesday!

Take care,
Phil
Old 4/14/14, 08:16 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 954 Likes on 582 Posts
Oh man, if I lived near Indy I would weigh 300 lbs. My GT would be a regular fixture at Shapiro's Deli. Any time we head north on a trip we always try to get our route to include a stop in Indy. The big platter feeds us for days!
Old 4/14/14, 08:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by NC07GTCS
Oh man, if I lived near Indy I would weigh 300 lbs. My GT would be a regular fixture at Shapiro's Deli. Any time we head north on a trip we always try to get our route to include a stop in Indy. The big platter feeds us for days!
Will have to check it out!

I only weigh in at 215 so I have a lot of weight to gain...LOL!!!

Old 4/15/14, 08:00 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 954 Likes on 582 Posts
Originally Posted by Phil_R
Will have to check it out!

I only weigh in at 215 so I have a lot of weight to gain...LOL!!!

Yup, 85 lbs to go. The deli is very close to the Colts stadium, I think it is LucasOil stadium??
Old 4/15/14, 11:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by NC07GTCS
Yup, 85 lbs to go. The deli is very close to the Colts stadium, I think it is LucasOil stadium??
I believe you are correct!

Here is a pic or 2 of it off the internet: