2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Too bad I didn't want a V6

Search this Thread

Old 1/8/05, 12:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is literally 1 2005 Mustang GT for sale in the entire Phoenix area, and it's red with the ICAP. I owned 4 red cars in a row, I'll never own another red vehicle. There are approximately 50 V6's of various combinations throughout the valley and on Ford Direct.

Here's how I see it, with the hold on IUP (the one option I require to have), if and when they ever offer it again, they will be god knows how far behind on held orders already. So if I stink it up and order my car, I'm probably looking at what, 4 months if not longer? I can order it without IUP and get the aftermarket dash kits, but then I don't get the 6 guage instrument cluster, which just makes me feel inferior.

The closest I can find is a black 5 speed with IUP, but no Shaker 500, which is required option #2 (Automatic trans is required option #3).

Here's what I want:

2005 Mustang GT
White
Charcoal cloth or leather (doesn't matter)
IUP
Shaker 500
Automatic
Rims don't matter (they will drive me to the tire store for new rims and tires)

Who knows of one of these cars that I can buy and have it shipped to Phoenix?

Thanks,

Sean
Old 1/8/05, 12:29 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sean..... I would reconsider getting car #5 with the red exterior. That Red GT might just be meant for you. I have never had a Red car before, so it was an easy choice for me.....RED + MUSTANG = High Point on The Cool Chart.
Old 1/8/05, 12:41 PM
V6 Member

We have had probably 7 or 8 Available GT's roll through our lot here at Sanderson two of them I acctually put on this forum. We have supposedly a Windviel Blue Comming in. The Red with ICAP did the dealer have any mark up?
Old 1/8/05, 01:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Heh, too funny. I've actually been communicating via email with Sanderson (Sonia) about ordering one. I had a friend of mine work out a deal for $350 over invoice on an order, and I received email confirmation that I could receive this price as well. Perhaps I should be talking directly with you rather than whining on this board for the world to see.

As far as #5 for the red one, haha, sorry my friend. No offense to anyone else, but I am soooooo sick of red cars, that I can assure you that I won't be buying it. I would gladly pay $2K more for a car that wasn't red vs. a red one. (luv2gofast, you did NOT see me say that and I'll never admit to it in case I buy a car from you!)

The red one is at Earnhardt, and yes, they are charging a markup over MSRP for all of their Mustangs. :bang: Plus it has the ICAP, so not only would I have a red car on the outside, but a red car on the inside too.
Old 1/8/05, 01:43 PM
Bullitt Member

try http://www.fordvehicles.com/dealerships/

it shows more cars than forddirect.com, some of them are in transit, which is how i got mine.
Old 1/8/05, 06:16 PM

Sean, did you try the Jones dealer out in Buckeye? Just a thought... Not sure if they have anything on the lot but that is where I ordered my V6. Worked with Eddie the internet guy. Don't expect it for a while as I have IUP but it might be worth a try for you.
Old 1/8/05, 06:19 PM
V6 Member

Jones Doesnt have any GT's Either and if they did they have the same market adjustment as Earnhardt. They wouldnt trade a V6 because of it!
Old 1/8/05, 06:23 PM
FR500 Member

Hey Sean, if I were you and you want one NOW, go to the US postal service website find all the ZIP's in Arizona and start having fun with Ford Direct.

The GT situation has been that way since day 1 here in the valley, HOWEVER if you look at rural Arizona you can usually find a few.
Old 1/9/05, 09:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by luv2gofast@January 8, 2005, 6:22 PM
Jones Doesnt have any GT's Either and if they did they have the same market adjustment as Earnhardt. They wouldnt trade a V6 because of it!
I don't know about trades, but I got my GT from Tom Jones in Buckeye, and I only paid 1,000 over invoice, and got AQHA, for a total of 530 paid over invoice. You hafta shop around to get the good deal.
Old 1/9/05, 06:51 PM
V6 Member

Hmmm..... I may have to call Tom Jones Ford and see when they are expecting any GT's. I'm' still trying to find one to test drive. There doesn't seem to be much of a shortage of V6's, but the GT's are scarce.

Tom Jones Ford isn't THAT far from me since I'm already in Avondale.

joe
Old 1/9/05, 08:50 PM
Bullitt Member

woah thats exactly the one we have here but no IUP,cloth seats but its really really expensive 27,350......no thanks