2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

todays the day

Search this Thread

Old 6/7/04, 07:40 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

well for me anyhow.

although i am slightly disheartened (feel free to try and cheer me up), i'm going to go in and attempt to put down my order for the '05 mustang. or as much of an order is possible at this time anyway.

i went to the local for dealership on saturday, sat down with my guy to get this think knocked out. well he pulled out my prelim order form from back in february where he has written down all the items i said i wanted in/on the car. ie GT, color, interior, etc... just a basic write up based on what i knew at the time.

he had to go get the dealer manager, who asked if i could come in today, monday, because they still don't really even know anything about the car. so no order codes etc, etc... all stuff that we know, and aparently others do since people have started putting in they basic orders already. the manager said their inventory guy should be getting a report in on monday and they should have everything ready for me today to order it when i come in.

the manager also told me that he feels like ford is holding off releasing information, advertising, putting up bilboards, and the like because of the '04s. he said they feel like as soon as the 05 starts becoming available the 04s are going to stop selling. i would like to think that people who aren't really interested in the 05 would swoop in to grab the ensuing barganing bananza that would surely come from end of the model year prices.

heh...guess i'll have to wait and see what happens. i'm cutting out of work at around 3ish so i can get out to the dealership at a decent hour. but i was wondering if anyone has thoughts on how i could help bring these guys up to speed? should i bring in the order guide that is posted here? i didn't want to, and still do not want to do that, but i really thought that they would have that sort of information by now.

i'm trying to avoid wanting becasue, like everyone else, i'm hoping to get the mustang asap.

well, thanks for any advice or citicism you have to offer. guess i'll just have to see how it goes.

*edit

sorry for the mis-spell in the title "today's the day"

sheesh. get outta college and all of a sudden second grade grammer goes out the window.
Old 6/7/04, 07:55 AM

I'd take all of the documentation from this site (and others, if possible) to help in the ordering process. In that case if they have their own that's great, but if you need that info you'll have it available.

Good luck!
Old 6/7/04, 07:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

I can only speak for my own situation.......But pretty much what the dealer "Insiders" here, Kevin, Bek, etc have said is the real deal at the dealers. I was able to submit an order and recieve the DORA. At this point of course very little info is at the dealers and probably won't be for a while. If you are willing to sign up without fixed pricing and other things....you can agree on a price "Over invoice " or some such, go ahead . Also be sure to keep on the dealer so they actually order the car when the factory starts the "Process". Good luck

Ron
Old 6/7/04, 10:10 AM
Team Mustang Source

thanks for the advice guys.

i just reprinted the order guide so i can bring it in with me, just i case. i'm sure it will be made public here when the 'official' order time has started so i can make sure to harp on my dealer to get the car ordered.

i feel like it is gunna be embarasing to the dealer if i walk in with the order guide and they don't even know what it is. lol. ah well, gotta do what i gotta do.

B)
Old 6/7/04, 10:25 AM
Queen Of Nascar

I took the Order Guide with me and the dealer said "Do you mind if I make a copy of that"?
Old 6/7/04, 10:37 AM

the order guides including the order codes are on the dealer website fmcdealer.com so they should have them already. What is not there are the price lists for the car, and dealers don't know what allocation is going to be yet.
Old 6/7/04, 12:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

k...i'll bring the guide. i guess i'll help out the rest of the ordering community by letting em make a copy if they need to. i may also mention fmcdealer.com to them. lol.

guess that's what i get for living in "the styx" texas. it's not that bad, but at times i wonder.
Old 6/7/04, 12:51 PM
Banned

Why would you mention FMCdealer? They already know about it ... its not like its a secret or a fan site, its an official ford website for dealerships.
Old 6/7/04, 02:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
This is why I am waiting untill they begin production to order anything. We should also know of a SE and the vert by october anyway. B)
Old 6/7/04, 02:54 PM
Banned

Ignore my last post, I'm an idiot for not reading all of the thread.
Old 6/7/04, 03:11 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by kevinb120@June 7, 2004, 4:30 PM
This is why I am waiting untill they begin production to order anything. We should also know of a SE and the vert by october anyway. B)
:yes:
Old 6/7/04, 03:38 PM
GT Member

The order guide available on this site is the same as the one on FMCdealer.com, use it, that's what i ordered mine off of, off my own copy, and i had to point out to the dealer that it was even available when it was.

As far as billboards, Ford holding back info, etc, that's just the dealer attempting to blow smoke up your ****. Order info has been available for almost two weeks now, as well as allowing orders to be put into the system. Also, no billboards or anything will be released until after Job1....why would you hype now? 2004MY have ceased production, they'll sell quite well from now till September, why would Ford even start putting up advertisments? This isnt the GTO, which needs all the help in the world to sell, this is the ORIGINATOR, the Mustang, which already has hundreds of pre-orders in. You wont see any of that until October or November at the earliest. Tell your dealer all this too, and gently remind him you're in the know, and i guarantee you, if you use this site and all its tools, and these forums, you know more than them, 10x more than them. Go in knowing you're smarter about the car and features; it'll make things go alot easier, and they wont be able to push you into something you dont want, or blow more smoke up your ****.
Old 6/7/04, 08:01 PM
Bullitt Member

I am very disappointed when I hear experiences like this. Wholly cow, it's a new model Mustang. I can't believe there's a dealer out there that isn't totally hyped about a new product. I guess I need to remember that some communities are more laid back than where I live.
Old 6/7/04, 08:05 PM
GT Member

Most dealers are holding back enthusiasm because they are still selling 04's.
Old 6/7/04, 09:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Besides, like Kevin usually reminds us...you can't sell cars that aren't on the lot. No incentive...
Old 6/8/04, 07:40 AM
Team Mustang Source

well, i'm deffinatly 'in the know' thanks to you guys and this site. and i'd venture a guess and say i have seen more, and know more about this car than anyone in the dealership. since i've been the one telling them all the information.

they actually had printed out the same order guide which that i brought in, so we went through it together. for whatever reason, they were not able to get into the order screen at the time, so we did it the old fasioned way, pen and paper. he wrote everything down, very detailed descriptions of each item and their order codes. he said they would enter the order that night, so i am going by to confirm on friday.

they made me copies of everything they wrote down, signed and dated by the dealer. i also had to put down a deposit to order the car. i'm not sure what everyone else has had to do, but they asked for $1000.00. kinda steep, but i'm guessing they're trying to keep people from going in and ordering unless they are serious about the commitment. i really wish i didn't have to put down that much, but it goes to the price of the car so i guess in the end the money all comes from the same place, me.

on a side note, as i was waiting for the dealer to make copies of all the paperwork, one gentleman was going around to all the desks and droping off the brochures for the 2005 ford focus. i looked through it and it has the shaker 500 and 1000 available in it. i'm not sure it is the same system, although i would guess it would be, but it said it was made by sony. which is kewl, cause i like sony as a brand. it gave all the same specifications as the mustangs. 6 disk in dash, am/fm, cd-mp3, etc...i shoulda snagged the brouchure, but didn't think about it. i'll see if i can get my hands on one this friday.

the big point being, the appearance of these brochures makes me hopeful the ones for the '05 stang will appear soon. i asked if maybe they had the new mustang brochures in that box as well, but it he said he didn't think so.

i'll let you know what happens when i go in to confirm the order, hopefully all is well. and i already told them, when i hear from my 'sources' (being all the peeps in this community), that they are taking official orders, they better believe i'm going to be down there making sure that mine is taken care of.

thanks again for the help guys. as always, advice and critism welcome. just dont' make me cry.

lol.

This is why I am waiting untill they begin production to order anything. We should also know of a SE and the vert by october anyway.
mmmmmmmmm...SE...

i think i'm gunna luv my plain ol GT just the same. besides, it's such a jump from my lawn mower engine civic anyhow, i'd probably have to work up to something as rowdy as an SE. lol. gotta earn my wings first.

*edit

btw...just wanted to let you know what i ordered:

GT - satin silver with charcoal gray interior
IUP - so it's got the myColor stuff and the brushed alum. trim, vents, etc...
the anti-theft system option & side mounted airbags
shaker 1000 (i know it's a price jump, but it is my dream car so i'm wanting to go all out)
the 17" bright machined cast alum. wheels

she's gunna be a beaut!
Old 6/8/04, 08:32 AM
Cobra R Member

Congrats
Old 6/8/04, 08:37 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Sounds like a guddun'

Congrats
Old 6/8/04, 09:02 AM
Cobra R Member

Thought I double posted ther for a minute...

I need to change my avatar...
Old 6/8/04, 09:36 AM
V6 Member

Niceeee...

Congrats...!!! :dance:

Quick Reply: todays the day