2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Those of you with 05's on "Quality Hold"

Search this Thread

Old 10/23/04, 12:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boy, am I glad my car is not built yet, lol.
I think all these delays could actually work in our favor. Think about it. The longer we are "forced" to wait, the more the Mustang will be introduced to the mainstream public and the less hype and mark-ups we'll have to deal with. Try to look at it in a positive light. Silver lining, all that.
Old 10/23/04, 04:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What concerns me is that isn't the frame dipped for corrosion protection and then if they have to re-weld or whatever, won't the corrosion protection be removed from a good chunk of frame, especially since they can't dip it again? I'm not sure I would be happy with this scenario. Don't need another 60', 70', 80's rust bucket. Hopefully there will be some clarification on this soon.
Old 10/25/04, 02:34 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by mat0045@October 22, 2004, 4:09 PM
The VOPC told me about 3 weeks as well. I'm about ready to give up on this d*mn car and just go get an '05 RSX...
On Saturday I decided to scrap my plans for an '05 Mustang. I took my deposit back and invested in a new Toyota Camry Solara instead. It's a better built car anyway, and I'll save the difference in cost in gas mileage the first year. I would expect that if this waiting continues, others will do the same. Not to say that Ford will have any trouble selling them, but hey...I just got tired of the run-around.
Old 10/25/04, 02:36 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by mat0045+October 25, 2004, 4:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mat0045 @ October 25, 2004, 4:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mat0045@October 22, 2004, 4:09 PM
The VOPC told me about 3 weeks as well. I'm about ready to give up on this d*mn car and just go get an '05 RSX...
On Saturday I decided to scrap my plans for an '05 Mustang. I took my deposit back and invested in a new Toyota Camry Solara instead. It's a better built car anyway, and I'll save the difference in cost in gas mileage the first year. I would expect that if this waiting continues, others will do the same. Not to say that Ford will have any trouble selling them, but hey...I just got tired of the run-around. [/b][/quote]
Good luck with that..... Little to early to be comparing the build quality though.....
Old 10/25/04, 02:37 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Dan+October 25, 2004, 2:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dan @ October 25, 2004, 2:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by mat0045@October 25, 2004, 4:37 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-mat0045
@October 22, 2004, 4:09 PM

On Saturday I decided to scrap my plans for an '05 Mustang. I took my deposit back and invested in a new Toyota Camry Solara instead. It's a better built car anyway, and I'll save the difference in cost in gas mileage the first year. I would expect that if this waiting continues, others will do the same. Not to say that Ford will have any trouble selling them, but hey...I just got tired of the run-around.
Good luck with that..... Little to early to be comparing the build quality though..... [/b][/quote]
IMHO, Toyota has always built a better quality product than Ford.
Old 10/25/04, 02:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ive only owned 2 Toyota's and that was 2 too many. I had nothing but problems with both of them and the service staff were real hineyholes. Sorry but I'll NEVR own a Toyota again. I'll wait until the Mustangs start showing up in showrooms. If I don't have mine by the, I'll cancel my order and go buy one off the floor.
Old 10/25/04, 06:53 PM
GT Member

I'm still waiting on my GT. Dealer still saying "any day now". They got in a V-6 & I decided to drive it Saturday just to get the feel of the interior. He told me mine would be in before the end of the this month. With any luck that means I only have 6 more days at the most to wait. If it's not here by then....I will buy one off another lot. Can't see myself buying any other vehicle than a 2005 Mustang. To bad you couldn't hold out any longer mat0045. I know the waitng can drive you crazy. I hope you enjoy your new car.
Old 10/26/04, 12:04 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by 68stanggirl@October 25, 2004, 6:56 PM
I'm still waiting on my GT. Dealer still saying "any day now". They got in a V-6 & I decided to drive it Saturday just to get the feel of the interior. He told me mine would be in before the end of the this month. With any luck that means I only have 6 more days at the most to wait. If it's not here by then....I will buy one off another lot. Can't see myself buying any other vehicle than a 2005 Mustang. To bad you couldn't hold out any longer mat0045. I know the waitng can drive you crazy. I hope you enjoy your new car.
Thanks, stanggirl....it is for my fiance, and she likes the way it looks better than the Mustang anyway. I disagree, but I'll get a SE or Cobra in the next few years for myself.
Old 10/26/04, 01:08 PM
GT Member

I've had two toyota's as well. The build quality of the engine was great, interior quality was poor, and the service departments, at the three dealerships I tried, were horrible.

If I was going to switch I would switch to a Honda Accord Coupe or a Mazda RX8. I have had good experiences with both manufacturers and the service departments at several dealers.
Old 10/26/04, 01:25 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by mat0045+October 25, 2004, 2:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mat0045 @ October 25, 2004, 2:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mat0045@October 22, 2004, 4:09 PM
On Saturday I decided to scrap my plans for an '05 Mustang. I took my deposit back and invested in a new Toyota Camry Solara instead. It's a better built car anyway, and I'll save the difference in cost in gas mileage the first year. I would expect that if this waiting continues, others will do the same. Not to say that Ford will have any trouble selling them, but hey...I just got tired of the run-around. [/b][/quote]
I still don't understand why so many people are saying "I give up" "sick of the run around" etc etc. Production didn't start that long ago. Of course dealers will know nothing about the car. Why do so many expect things to be different with the sale of this car, I have no idea. Sure my dealer has made me upset but I am still going to get my car regardless of the I have heard.

You are saying that you are going to a "better built car". Sounds to me like you are just trying to convince yourself. If that is not the case you would never have put a deposit down on the mustang, you would have bought the Toyota in the first place.
Old 10/26/04, 01:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by adrenalin+October 26, 2004, 1:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adrenalin @ October 26, 2004, 1:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by mat0045@October 25, 2004, 2:37 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-mat0045
@October 22, 2004, 4:09 PM

I still don't understand why so many people are saying "I give up" "sick of the run around" etc etc. Production didn't start that long ago. Of course dealers will know nothing about the car. Why do so many expect things to be different with the sale of this car, I have no idea. Sure my dealer has made me upset but I am still going to get my car regardless of the I have heard.

You are saying that you are going to a "better built car". Sounds to me like you are just trying to convince yourself. If that is not the case you would never have put a deposit down on the mustang, you would have bought the Toyota in the first place. [/b][/quote]
I just think it's the people that ordered on nearly the first day and that are still waiting with NO IDEA when the car will show up...Ford dropped the ball on this one with this unknown "quality" check on 5000+ cars. I have heard everything from IUP, welds , shipping problems to trucker strikes but OTHER CARS ARE SHOWING UP all around the country... That's what most are getting po'd about. If there was a quality problem I still want to know exactly WHAT it is/was so I can judge for myself if it's "ok" before I sign my next 3 years paychecks off to it. But I do agree, waited this long so what's another (hopefully) week or so. The car is too nice to pass on...I have toyota's now but they can't begin to compare to the stang. Not in the same class (except maybe better reliability). Time will tell on that.
Old 10/26/04, 04:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Well I stopped in my dealer today.

His news: He called last Thursday and was told the ramps had been closed. He asked why and they wouldn't tell him.

The On Honld GTs beign released this week was news to him, my status hasnt been updated, but he said he llook for it. Also, he said he left a message with oine of the head honchos in charge of the Mustang shipping today and is awaiting a return call to see jsut what exactly this hold up is.
Old 10/26/04, 04:59 PM
Banned

Originally posted by DJ07@October 26, 2004, 6:58 PM

His news: He called last Thursday and was told the ramps had been closed. He asked why and they wouldn't tell him.

The On Honld GTs beign released this week was news to him, my status hasnt been updated, but he said he llook for it. Also, he said he left a message with oine of the head honchos in charge of the Mustang shipping today and is awaiting a return call to see jsut what exactly this hold up is.
Status (usually) only updates once a week, so try later in the week too ..
Old 10/26/04, 08:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just wanted to say that mine was one of the "quality" hold vehicles and it came today....No advanced warning other than basically what the dealer told me and that was that it would be either this week or next....So all of you out there that were waiting, get ready cuz it could be TODAY or TOMORROW when you get the call. banana:
Old 10/26/04, 10:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by harleybill@October 26, 2004, 11:00 PM
Just wanted to say that mine was one of the "quality" hold vehicles and it came today....No advanced warning other than basically what the dealer told me and that was that it would be either this week or next....So all of you out there that were waiting, get ready cuz it could be TODAY or TOMORROW when you get the call. banana:
what the last 6 #'s of your vin
Old 10/26/04, 10:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by gotmy05+October 26, 2004, 10:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gotmy05 @ October 26, 2004, 10:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-harleybill@October 26, 2004, 11:00 PM
what the last 6 #'s of your vin [/b][/quote]
last 6 are 102108. Like I said, it came with no warning and their dealer "lists" didn't show it coming either.. Good luck and hope yours comes as fast as mine did (after not getting it when it should have gotten here)...
Old 10/26/04, 11:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by DJ07@October 26, 2004, 4:58 PM

My guy at Classic called me on Monday to tell me about the hold. Apparently he heard the 'faulty 3-valve' story, but also heard that NE Ohio dealers might not get any for another two weeks.
Old 10/26/04, 11:53 PM
GT Member

I am not surprised to hear that ford messed up with respect to the welding of the frame. I can say this because I have owned three mustangs and have had several problems with them (except my 92 LX 5.0 baby). Ford doesn't make quality cars. I still love mustangs and think they are a great-fast car for the price. But whenever something goes out on my 01 GT, I think twice. Just like when my 01 leaked water inside last week because apparently there is a crack somewhere in the frame. I will eventually buy the new mustang in a few years when they work out all of the problems and add to the aesthetics of the bland hood, sides, and get rid of those nasty premium rims along with those tires (they look like V-6 tires). I am venting because I am disappointed over the quality control issues that ford faces. Try calling customer service with your new 05s they don't give a crap. I have been down that road with my 01Gt. You buy the car and then ford customer service could care less when the dealership screws you over. I know I have called them several times. Thanks.
Old 10/27/04, 07:49 AM

My car was ordered back in June, built on the 14th of Sept. and supposedly shipped on Oct. 2 with an estimated arrival date of Oct. 12th. Needless to say, its not here yet, and like most everyone else, I'm somewhat frustrated.

I spoke with my dealer last night. According to him, they just found out yesterday that mine was one of the ones put in the quality hold (why they didn't know this earlier I don't know, since I've been told for two weeks now that they expect to see it "any day now"). Anyway, apparently the regional manager located mine and several others that had gone missing in this "holding pen" and anticipates them being shipped within the next day or two, which means that it should be here within a week. I asked if he knew why there were so many in "quality hold" and he said that he was told there were no problems, it was just a "procedural" thing. So that's the information I got, FWIW.

As for Ford's Customer Service line, I found them to be less than helpful. I called that last Friday and was told that they had no more information than my dealer did, and all they could tell me was that the car had been shipped. They didn't tell me mine was in the quality hold either, which confuses me, considering some of the detailed info people on this board got by calling that number. All I got was "keep checking with your dealer, they know more than we do"...interesting. And to top it all off, the girl I talked to informed me that it takes 8 weeks to ship a car, which I found highly amusing since I've already seen them on lots and on the road...hmmm...
Old 10/27/04, 08:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by harleybill+October 26, 2004, 10:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (harleybill @ October 26, 2004, 10:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by gotmy05@October 26, 2004, 10:36 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-harleybill
@October 26, 2004, 11:00 PM

what the last 6 #'s of your vin
last 6 are 102108. Like I said, it came with no warning and their dealer "lists" didn't show it coming either.. Good luck and hope yours comes as fast as mine did (after not getting it when it should have gotten here)... [/b][/quote]
Well that gives me some hope. According to the Customer Service Center, mine was pulled in for yet another "Maintenance Check" on 10/24, after having one on 10/19. My VIN ends in 102069.

Quick Reply: Those of you with 05's on "Quality Hold"