The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2005-2009 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/)
-   -   There Should be National meet 2005-06 Mustangs (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/there-should-national-meet-2005-06-mustangs-407274/)

05mach1 5/5/05 09:54 AM

Originally posted by Ratchet1333@May 4, 2005, 10:56 PM
I, like KansasCityTim, would favor the Kansas City location but, like him, I am a bit biased. After reading the posts in this thread I think a major point is what do people want to do? What activities would we be looking for and find the best place suited for the activities. Kansas City is about 45 minutes from Topeka. In Topeka we have Heartland Park, a very nice dragstrip that also has a roadcourse. The SCCA is headquartered about a mile north of Heartland Park and there are events throughout the year for any number of groups. Would something like that be desireable if it could be set up?

Aside from that, not the best cruise areas around here. So, if Kansas City was a possible but you might want something a little more cruise friendly for a lot of cars, Tulsa is just a few hours south. That has an OK dragstrip, nothing fancy, but you have the shopping, eats, it should be easy to find a host with lots of room and some nice scenic drive areas to the east around some lakes and smaller towns.

A little further east you have the Ozarks, northern Arkansas/southern Missouri. That would be some fantastic drives but some of those roads might be a little hazardous given the number of cars that might show up.

While east and west coast meets would be more desireable they would end up being more regional, as will any meet for that matter. The central US will draw from all areas of the midwest and southcentral but how many will travel from the coasts? I would bet on not many. Next week my wife and I are driving to Vegas. We are going to an All Ford Show hosted by the Mustang Club of Las Vegas. We are members of the Yellow Mustang Registry, which has over 4000 members, for a meet in conjunction with the Vegas one. So far, 40 yellows are signed up with us and a car from Canada, just over the border from Seattle, about even on who is driving the furthest. Most of the cars are from California, Arizona and Nevada. This is a major event but people just don't want to drive a few thousand miles to get to a car show/meet.

It might be a little better to pick a region that may have the most attendance and then decide on what people want out of the meet. Narrow it down from there.

I find out mostly 05 Mustangs were sold in Southeast from Ford by dealerships

But for this fall MCA is helping us with everything, in Youngstown,

and for Spring 06 Lowes Speedway is help us out to.

holderca1 5/5/05 10:27 AM

Where is Youngstown, OH, I have never heard of it.

Snets 5/5/05 11:45 AM

CA would be my 1st choice. I would think about KC or STL, mainly for the BBQ food. Or maybe in the south, for the BBQ of course. Hmm, plan a menu and I'll decide from there.

gotmy05 5/5/05 11:45 AM

I say All Ford Carlisle

Tony Alonso 5/5/05 08:48 PM

If it is decided to hold something at Youngstown (northeastern OH, near Cleveland/Akron area), please consider participating in a Mustang driving experience on Friday, Sept. 2, 2005.

05mach1 5/7/05 11:29 PM

Originally posted by Tony Alonso@May 5, 2005, 8:51 PM
If it is decided to hold something at Youngstown (northeastern OH, near Cleveland/Akron area), please consider participating in a Mustang driving experience on Friday, Sept. 2, 2005.

Tony that's trying do for MCA, because, MCA what alot 05 Mustangs to come Grand National show because someone is coming with GT500 Show car. :nice:

TheLegend 5/8/05 08:34 AM

Here is the solution. It must start lets say in July and go to different regions in the US such as a location in the Southest, Northeast, etc. Someone could make some killer money if they had the time when it comes to organizing it getting sponors and so forth.

For instance Harley does such a thing. I dont know if Harley itself puts it together or an outsider but it starts in Chattanooga and goes to other regions in the US. In Chattanooga we get about 20,000 bikers. This event is so big to where they even have a total of 40 security officers during the event which last 2 days.

05mach1 5/8/05 09:55 AM

Originally posted by dtdebuty@May 8, 2005, 8:37 AM
Here is the solution. It must start lets say in July and go to different regions in the US such as a location in the Southest, Northeast, etc. Someone could make some killer money if they had the time when it comes to organizing it getting sponors and so forth.

For instance Harley does such a thing. I dont know if Harley itself puts it together or an outsider but it starts in Chattanooga and goes to other regions in the US. In Chattanooga we get about 20,000 bikers. This event is so big to where they even have a total of 40 security officers during the event which last 2 days.

Guys for this year for 2005 we will have it at Youngstown, OH Sept 2-5,2005 because

(Ford and MCA will have surprize gust with the new 07 MUSTANG GT500!)

05mach1 5/9/05 09:09 PM

Here's more info. more on the 2005 Mustang National meet.

05mach1 5/13/05 09:29 AM

Sofar we 25 coming to Youngstown ,OH for Grand National Show. :nice:

Enfynet 5/13/05 12:33 PM

I'll probably stop by for a couple hours as I live up near Cleveland. But I don't plan on staying there much longer than that.

05mach1 5/13/05 04:36 PM

Originally posted by Enfynet@May 13, 2005, 12:36 PM
I'll probably stop by for a couple hours as I live up near Cleveland. But I don't plan on staying there much longer than that.

It's three day show your best time come is on saturday.

donkey 5/13/05 05:36 PM

Why don't we have a national mustang museum? I went to the corvette museum in March, and I have to say it was pretty cool. Even the wife liked it...

05mach1 5/13/05 06:19 PM

Originally posted by donkey@May 13, 2005, 5:39 PM
Why don't we have a national mustang museum? I went to the corvette museum in March, and I have to say it was pretty cool. Even the wife liked it...

Ford back out of helping the MCA making a Mustang museum, but right I trying rise money to make Mustang museum but no what's help, I got place for it use be old Wal-Mart/Lowes store paking lot has 1000 parking spaces I can remodeling it to be a musem best thing is just off the Interstate I-64 plus 600miles radius of Wash DC St.Loius MO

05mach1 5/14/05 07:58 PM

Originally posted by 05mach1@May 13, 2005, 6:22 PM
Ford back out of helping the MCA making a Mustang museum, but right I trying rise money to make Mustang museum but no what's help, I got place for it use be old Wal-Mart/Lowes store paking lot has 1000 parking spaces I can remodeling it to be a musem best thing is just off the Interstate I-64 plus 600miles radius of Wash DC St.Loius MO

:nice:

RaGsHoCkEy88 5/14/05 08:14 PM

Originally posted by Enfynet@April 28, 2005, 7:49 PM
Cedar Point

I know it's not super close to everyone, but it's one of my favorite places to go.

BEST IDEA!! cedar point is sooo much fun. we can pack the lot with mustangs and have fun on rides!! ohh baby what a fun few days that would be

05mach1 5/19/05 12:25 PM

We got 27 coming to Youngstown now for Grand Nationals

shestangs 5/19/05 01:23 PM

I'm planning to be there.

05mach1 5/19/05 03:04 PM

Originally posted by shestangs@May 19, 2005, 1:26 PM
I'm planning to be there.

You make 28 now :nice:

new22003 5/19/05 03:17 PM

Why try and divide mustang owners into different groups (I.E. pre 05 and post 05). We are all stangers and should get together with all years.