2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Tentative Inagural Road Trip In Eleanor.

Search this Thread

Old 3/2/05, 08:16 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a tentative plan to take Eleanor up to Long Island on March 19. Going up through Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, 11 miles of Maryland, Penna, Jersey and across to the island.

Going to use it as a photo op- Snow,Chattanooga The Virginia mountains, natural bridge,Hershey...

Of course I am not silly enough to think I can actually drive her in the snow- thats why I am married.

Giving up the should be spring weather for snow and freezing weather....

If all else fails- small road trip to Chattanooga.

Be looking for the yellow Fauxbra with the Bammy plates-
Will be taking 65 to 59 to 75 to 81 to the turnpike to the bridges to the belt parkway to sunrise to Bayport. Then the PJ ferry across to Bridgeport(better get the friggin barnum!) to Beacon Falls/Naugatuck/Waterbury then 84 back down to 81.
Old 3/2/05, 09:09 AM
Bullitt Member

if you do the short road trip. Consider going up to Deal's Gap and put the pony through it's paces!!
Old 3/2/05, 09:36 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by cyoda44@March 2, 2005, 11:12 AM
if you do the short road trip. Consider going up to Deal's Gap and put the pony through it's paces!!
Nuh-uh!
I aint got the ***** for that un!
Old 3/2/05, 09:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Plenty of snow in the Hershey area right now and more in the 10 day extended forecast. If you get up this way you might want to consider a stop at the AACA museum or CJs Pony Parts. No, I don't work for either one but both are good stops for Mustang fans. Drive careful!
Old 3/2/05, 09:43 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I am petrified of taking my mustang into the snow! BUT I wanna show her off to my family and friends.
I can't even half control her without losing my **** in the rain.(I am running naked with no ABS or traction control)
Old 3/2/05, 10:59 AM
Team Mustang Source

your goin to be passin through my area on sunrise, i'll look for a yellow 05.
Old 3/2/05, 11:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine+March 2, 2005, 11:39 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EleanorsMine @ March 2, 2005, 11:39 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-cyoda44@March 2, 2005, 11:12 AM
Nuh-uh!
[/b][/quote]

No guts No glory! The speed limit is only 30 MPH.... Hehe then you could go to Gatlinburg for a few days. AND if I'm not on a cruise at that time I'll caravan up there with you. Last week in Knoxville for me... moving this weekend to Chattanooga.
Old 3/2/05, 12:12 PM
Cobra Member

I have made most of that trip several times from Nashville to Trenton, NJ. I don't know if you have done it before, but trust me, it is boooooooring. There is nothing b/w Knoxville and and NYC. You might want to consider going up 65 through KY and OH, then cutting across the turnpike. It may seem longer, but if you mapquest it, it only comes out maybe 50-60 miles longer I think, and trust me, it is much more interesting with actual cities on the way (Nashville, Louisville, Cincinnati, Columbus, Pittsburgh (I think)). Just tryin' to help. Check it out at least.
Old 3/2/05, 12:15 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by cyoda44+March 2, 2005, 2:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cyoda44 @ March 2, 2005, 2:00 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by EleanorsMine@March 2, 2005, 11:39 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-cyoda44
@March 2, 2005, 11:12 AM

Nuh-uh!
No guts No glory! The speed limit is only 30 MPH.... Hehe then you could go to Gatlinburg for a few days. AND if I'm not on a cruise at that time I'll caravan up there with you. Last week in Knoxville for me... moving this weekend to Chattanooga.
[/b][/quote]

DEFINITELY be there in May- we are going to Chattanooga for the new aquarium and to Gatlinburg as well.
Old 3/2/05, 12:19 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by KansasCityTim@March 2, 2005, 2:15 PM
I have made most of that trip several times from Nashville to Trenton, NJ. I don't know if you have done it before, but trust me, it is boooooooring. There is nothing b/w Knoxville and and NYC. You might want to consider going up 65 through KY and OH, then cutting across the turnpike. It may seem longer, but if you mapquest it, it only comes out maybe 50-60 miles longer I think, and trust me, it is much more interesting with actual cities on the way (Nashville, Louisville, Cincinnati, Columbus, Pittsburgh (I think)). Just tryin' to help. Check it out at least.
I do this trip at least twice a year- used to it. ANd I love the Natural Bridge section of Va and ALL of Pennsylvania. HATE Jersey, HATE getting on and off the Jersey Turnpike!

Long Island- Be in Bayport and Patchogue and Bellport. I frequent the California Diner,olympic diner-and the sportplex,and Hot Bagels, the 7-11 on Montauk and Sylvan and Definitely Bike Discounters on 112- my best male buddies store.
CT- My MIL lives by Peter Paul in Naugatuck/Beacon Falls.
Old 3/2/05, 12:22 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine+March 2, 2005, 1:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EleanorsMine @ March 2, 2005, 1:22 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-KansasCityTim@March 2, 2005, 2:15 PM
I do this trip at least twice a year- used to it. ANd I love the Natural Bridge section of Va and ALL of Pennsylvania. HATE Jersey, HATE getting on and off the Jersey Turnpike!

Long Island- Be in Bayport and Patchogue and Bellport. I frequent the California Diner,olympic diner-and the sportplex,and Hot Bagels, the 7-11 on Montauk and Sylvan and Definitely Bike Discounters on 112- my best male buddies store.
CT- My MIL lives by Peter Paul in Naugatuck/Beacon Falls.
[/b][/quote]

Haha...I guess we have drastically different tastes in driving scenery, huh? My dad always wants to take the scenic routes...I always want to drive through as many cities as possible. To each his (or her) own I guess.
Old 3/2/05, 12:24 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I despise cities. Atlanta made me hate em forever. When I used to live in Charlotte, smooth cruisin till I hit that huge parking lot over there. Knoxville is another PITA.
Old 3/2/05, 12:27 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@March 2, 2005, 1:27 PM
I despise cities. Atlanta made me hate em forever. When I used to live in Charlotte, smooth cruisin till I hit that huge parking lot over there. Knoxville is another PITA.
PITA?
Old 3/2/05, 12:29 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by KansasCityTim+March 2, 2005, 2:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KansasCityTim @ March 2, 2005, 2:30 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-EleanorsMine@March 2, 2005, 1:27 PM
PITA?
[/b][/quote]

pain in the..........
Old 3/2/05, 12:35 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine+March 2, 2005, 1:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EleanorsMine @ March 2, 2005, 1:32 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by KansasCityTim@March 2, 2005, 2:30 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-EleanorsMine
@March 2, 2005, 1:27 PM

PITA?
pain in the..........
[/b][/quote]

OHH...I see. (A little slow on the uptake today) You are right, Knoxville is a pain. EVERYTIME i drive through there, I get caught up in construction. Doesn;t matter what time of the day. One time, my friend and I were driving back to Nashville from NJ (and yes, the turnpike does stink), and were going to make the entire trip in 11 hours, until we hit freakin' Knoxville, where we were held up for 1 1/2 hours in traffic.
Old 3/2/05, 05:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

FYI - I-81 in Virginia, about 30 miles south and 10 miles north of Roanoke is designated a high watch area by the state police, so have fun but.......... Of course,if it is snowing, etc, speed is the least of your problems.
Old 3/2/05, 05:16 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Knoxville ALWAYS adds time to the trip!!!! Quite tired of looking at the worlds fair ball.

My also favorite is going through Chattanooga. Love that river and a trip to Rock City on the way home.
And Amish land- where the little amish boys hang out watching the cars go by.

Anyhow- Ellies going out of Alabama SOMEHOW during spring break, if it kills me.
Old 3/2/05, 05:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Watch out for my yellow baby in MD!
Old 3/2/05, 05:22 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by Ranger@March 2, 2005, 7:19 PM
FYI - I-81 in Virginia, about 30 miles south and 10 miles north of Roanoke is designated a high watch area by the state police, so have fun but.......... Of course,if it is snowing, etc, speed is the least of your problems.
Well aware, hate and despise that part of the trip....

Snow in a mustang- how does that work? Always done it in a FWD Car with ABS and traction control before.
Old 3/2/05, 06:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by cyoda44@March 2, 2005, 12:12 PM
Hey Charlie,

Chattanooga here! We need to get together when you get settled in. PM when you get a chance. Which area of Chattanooga are you moving to? I live in Ooltewah which is right before you get into Chattanooga.

Quick Reply: Tentative Inagural Road Trip In Eleanor.