SVT is Gone?

Search this Thread

Old 3/9/06, 01:59 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.planetblueoval.com/ford/legenda..._o_1_000632.asp

It sounds like SVT is over effective April 1, 2006. RIP

Ford's troubles run so deep....

At least we got the GT500 before they disbanded!!
Old 3/9/06, 02:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
There are at least 3 or 4 threads about this on TMS already. I don't think we need another.
Old 3/9/06, 02:04 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TomServo92 @ March 9, 2006, 4:04 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
There are at least 3 or 4 threads about this on TMS already. I don't think we need another.
[/b][/quote]
YOU'RE NOT PAID TO THINK, MISTER!

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 3/9/06, 02:06 PM
GT Member

My mistake. I just glanced quickly and didn't see anything. I should have searched. I was just sent the link via email, and it was the first I heard of it. Mods can delete this thread if they want.
Old 3/9/06, 02:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pitpup @ March 9, 2006, 3:07 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
YOU'RE NOT PAID TO THINK, MISTER!
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Actually I'm not getting paid at all.

Hey Brad, where's my *&^^& check!!!!!!

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 3/9/06, 02:10 PM
GT Member

Actually, I just did a search for SVT, and didn't find this info. This seems to be newer than the last thread that showed up - "An Open Letter to SVT".
Old 3/9/06, 02:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Red Baron @ March 9, 2006, 3:13 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Actually, I just did a search for SVT, and didn't find this info. This seems to be newer than the last thread that showed up - "An Open Letter to SVT".
[/b][/quote]

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=46041
Old 3/9/06, 05:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Marty, don't apologize... and don't even respond to them.
There are some people on this board that just always have to be right...
Always have to know everything... I'm sure we all know people like that in real life... I know I do... and no one can stand that person...

Anyway, thanks for the info, I had not seen that yet...
Old 3/9/06, 07:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TN615 @ March 9, 2006, 4:59 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

me either [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/9/06, 07:19 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This too sucks worse than taxes. I have real concern for Ford right now. Things just aren't going well at all. I can't help thinking all the recalls, Firestone, yada yada have all conspired to really cause a ton of damage. I believe Bill is doing a great job at cleaning up the company on the inside, but we seem to be really lacking one thing that at the end of the day really makes or breaks a company. CUSTOMERS. Sales are just not there at the moment. The registers are really ringing over at Toyota though. They continue to post record numbers. I for the life of me cannot understand it. Toyotas while reliable and generally offer good fuel economy are about the most boring vehicles on the planet. I really think the American driver is practically a thing of the past. If most people really prefer driving rolling rice cakes this much, we're all going to end up using them.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crying.gif[/img]
Old 3/9/06, 07:36 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(97svtgoin05gt @ March 9, 2006, 7:22 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
This too sucks worse than taxes. I have real concern for Ford right now. Things just aren't going well at all. I can't help thinking all the recalls, Firestone, yada yada have all conspired to really cause a ton of damage. I believe Bill is doing a great job at cleaning up the company on the inside, but we seem to be really lacking one thing that at the end of the day really makes or breaks a company. CUSTOMERS. Sales are just not there at the moment. The registers are really ringing over at Toyota though. They continue to post record numbers. I for the life of me cannot understand it. Toyotas while reliable and generally offer good fuel economy are about the most boring vehicles on the planet. I really think the American driver is practically a thing of the past. If most people really prefer driving rolling rice cakes this much, we're all going to end up using them.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crying.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Before I got my current Mustang, I owned a 2003 Toyota 4runner, and before that a 2001 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab with the TRD package. And before the Toyotas, it was a 93 stang, and a 65 stang. While I loved the Mustangs, I loved the Toyotas because all I did to them was add gas, and add oil (even forgetting to do that once and a while. Point is that they were great cars. They may be borring looking but the run great, and are great cars. Even my mother who was a Ford owner, when she got her 4runner, fell in love. But her Windstar Minivan had a electronic issue almost every month, and her Econoline van, had a stalling issue that Ford could never figure out, but they were happy taking her money trying to fix it when the warrenty went out. Looks are great, but if it's in the shop all the time it tends to suck after a while
Old 3/9/06, 08:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TN615 @ March 9, 2006, 6:59 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Marty, don't apologize... and don't even respond to them.
There are some people on this board that just always have to be right...
Always have to know everything... I'm sure we all know people like that in real life... I know I do... and no one can stand that person...

[/b][/quote]

There's no right or wrong in this. There are only facts and the fact is that it's been posted before and discussed ad nauseum. I was merely pointing that out. I'm sorry if you or anyone doesn't like it but that's not really my problem.
Old 3/9/06, 10:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

of course it's not your problem... why would it be?
if you don't understand that when people post a topic it's because they want to share something with their mustang family...
your responce was condescending at best... if ya don't see that... it is your problem.. cause everyone else saw it.
i'm not the judge, jury or trial... and this isn't a personal slam on you...
but how darn easy would it have been to just post the link...
i'm on this board every day, and i never saw it.. and i'm guessing that the nearly 300 people that have already viewed this link haven't seen it either.
Old 3/10/06, 06:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

I too think Ford and the other 2 meathead parts of the big 3 are in deep poo. IMO from my experiences I blame alot of it on customer service and pooty service departments. Yes there isnt a great amount of vehicle selection that makes you just run out and buy a new car, other than the Mustang. They have done better in the past year or two but for the most part they suck. I know this is just going to start a debate again but the Shelby price and the 05 pricing for GT's is a fine example of how their greed has killed their customer base. I know someone is going to remind me it is a free market and they can price how they want just as when I sell my own things I can set my own price. But putting out the Shelby at a supposed 40K and then watching every dealer in America trying to get 15K over MSRP is BS. So just as they are free to do what they have done consumers are free to go to Toyota or whomever POS import they want. It just pains me to see these icons of Americana going down the tubes. Hopefully someone will wake up and turn things around but I dont see it.
Old 3/10/06, 11:11 AM
V6 Member

I'm sure the 33 times my Lightning went in for warranty work didn't help the bottom line any. Believe me, it took a lot for me to buy another Ford product in my Mustang GT.
Old 3/10/06, 11:46 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jvm051 @ March 9, 2006, 9:39 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Before I got my current Mustang, I owned a 2003 Toyota 4runner, and before that a 2001 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab with the TRD package. And before the Toyotas, it was a 93 stang, and a 65 stang. While I loved the Mustangs, I loved the Toyotas because all I did to them was add gas, and add oil (even forgetting to do that once and a while. Point is that they were great cars. They may be borring looking but the run great, and are great cars. Even my mother who was a Ford owner, when she got her 4runner, fell in love. But her Windstar Minivan had a electronic issue almost every month, and her Econoline van, had a stalling issue that Ford could never figure out, but they were happy taking her money trying to fix it when the warrenty went out. Looks are great, but if it's in the shop all the time it tends to suck after a while
[/b][/quote]

My family bought Toyotas for 15 years before that had nothing but Fords. While during the late 90's the Toyota brand was better thats not the case anymore and to keep thinking that way is exactly the problem this country has. Today's society projects the image that all our products are inferior to their foreign counter parts, this is not the case any more. Almost every Toyota we have had has had some form of serious problem, for example our 99 Land Cruiser consistantly had body molding falling off of it, they would "fix" it then it would come off again. had two Cam's blow in each of the Avalons we had the 03 Tacoma we have squeeks like a banshee even after all the belt replacements, and the air conditioner hums when it gets really hot. Lets not forget that foreign car are naturally smaller then their American counter parts. Point is all cars are machines and machines break, now thats not to say Ford has not stumbled more in the past 10 years then it's Japanese competitors but that has changed since then. Ford makes a great car, better Trucks and nicer SUV's ( the SUV is just my opinion). If we keep thinking that foreign is better then we all might as well sign ourselves up for a 4cyl 4 door ricer. I am proud to have my first new car be an American one just as I am proud to be an American. -Rant off-
Old 3/10/06, 12:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'm retired now but I remember in the late 80's, when Japan was the "hot economy", we spent hours learning how the Japenese did it. Nothing wrong with that but when Japan's economy started to tank, alot of that stuff went down the drain and we were on to the next big thing. Worked over 30 years in manufacturing, I am pulling for Ford, GM, etc to really make a turnaround - IMO this country's manufacturing base is disappearing like the dodo bird.. My old field (Personnel) has to a large degree gone by the boards in alot of manufacturing sites....we now have phone banks (800 numbers, etc) the employees can call. Can't say this is good or bad but it is different. Sorry for getting off track here but IMO the US auto industry is a unique animal and whatever the solution to their woes are - hopefully it will be based on what will work for them.
Old 3/10/06, 11:48 PM
GT Member

so do we have any confirmation if SVT is dead or is this just rumors? i read it on bon but didnt wanna believe it.....if so..that sux..that svt adrenaline looked pretty sweeeeeeet
Old 3/11/06, 03:39 PM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

Ford announced a couple months ago that the Adrenalin would not be built, so that should give you a clue about the lack of any future for SVT.

As far as SVT goes, we're all sitting here waiting for the fat lady to sing.
I belive she is schedued to belt out the swansong April 1.
Old 3/11/06, 06:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Whatever, but the article is lame like its written by a 6th grader. Everyone gives a lot of credit to someone who writes an article. And if anyone things Shelby REALLY had anything to do with the car......... And who said Ford really needs SVT anyway? Why the heck can't the normal program teams develop high performance versions of any car? Stuff like the 'svt focus' was just the simple rebadging of the Euro ST170(meaning 170hp Ztec btw) model, and SVT had nothing to do with the real monster, the RS, nor any of Aussies FPV vehicles. The svt contour was the US version of the ST Moneo as well. I would imagine that the compact car hot rods like future performance Foci and Fusions will take the Euro ST model designation just like it does right now in the UK. Mustang has tons of special edition nameplates to simply incorporate into the normal model line. If they want a Mach they can just rework the 32V 5.4 from the Navigator that was used for years.

Unless FORD says it, its just some dude saying it, wether its from Autoweek, or whatever the other site this article was on RPM or whatever, its simply a rumor anyway. Considering how limited the 'writers' knowledge is on Ford/SVT products to start with, I wouln't bother to lend that much credence to at least his version of this 'story' to start with. There are still 'writers' calling the S197 the DEW platform, allong with tons of other bits of incorrect information. Its just a website, anyone can make one. Don't get me wrong, SVT is cool and all, but Ford does not HAVE to have SVT to make Mach 1's, AWD turbo Focus models, or a 427 sedan. You come up with a model line and assign a team to make it. And as helpful as the Internet can be, its is also a massive source of misinformation.

Look up Modeo ST models or the ST170 and read the 'development story' and tell me where SVT come in, here's one:

http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_...s/XRT_st170.htm

and another:
http://autoweb.drive.com.au/cms/A_2043/article.html

note the 2002 model's wheels(and HID's) that later showed up on the 03 US 'euro' version, and the instrument cluster that is identical other then the "ST" logo instead. So is this 'SVT's baby'? Other then the restyled bumpers(and shedding other euro-spec requirements), its the same exact same car. Seats, pedal covers, inst cluster, shifter ****, EVERYTHING. Anyone who has owned an SVTF would know this car inside out. A normal car in the ford line(that contines on the C1 platform as well, just like the next gen modeo does).

Quick Reply: SVT is Gone?