2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Submitted to plant!

Search this Thread

Old 7/22/04, 12:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by acadian@July 22, 2004, 6:51 PM
Bullittman- the last 5 digits of your VIN are 00748, so that would put you way up in the pack. Do you think this has anything to do with your car being submitted to the plant? Is the VIN order dependant on when the order was placed, or when the car is being built? The last 5 digits of my VIN are 02167, so I'm up there, but plenty are in front of me. But my order was placed before the last week of May, so it was real early. My question is this... does anyone know how the VIN's work? Are they put in that order going by the date they are ordered, or by date of production?
It may be the fact of my early order, priority 10 and the dealer "History" ( This dealer sells a large number of stangs for the area) , beyond that I could'nt say. Maybe our Dealer gurus can add more. Doe's your order have a Priority 10?
Old 7/22/04, 12:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just noticed I'm priority code 15.

Serial # 03635
Old 7/22/04, 01:10 PM
FR500 Member

Yes, mine is priority 10. Just hoping mine will be one of the first 2 "early" stangs to the lot. My dealer has guaranteed me in writing that mine will be one of the first two. But, he can't help it if Ford sends 2 different Mustangs for those first 2 because mine wasn't built in the first batch pre-production.
Old 7/22/04, 01:40 PM
Bullitt Member

I just talked to the fleet manager at my dealer with whom I placed my order with. He said my priority is 11, and I asked him about the priority and how it works. He basically said for the dealership you order through you will be a higher priority in that dealership. So basically my priority comes before the dealerships stock order for mustangs (he said the priorities on thos stangs are 20), but if someone came to that same dealership and ordered a mustang they would get theirs before mine. Since I have ordered my mustang in the beginning of July and some of you already have VINS, then he said that means Ford has already done a first batch (or more) "sweep" of orders. So since my dealership already had Mustangs on order before I placed my order, I am now behind those orders eventhough I have a higher priority. So that means I would not get the mustangs that come out 1 to 2 weeks before all the others. So now I have to wait for Ford to pull another batch of orders across the country. Hope all of that made some sort of sense.
Old 7/22/04, 02:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by dallasw77@July 22, 2004, 7:43 PM
I just talked to the fleet manager at my dealer with whom I placed my order with. He said my priority is 11, and I asked him about the priority and how it works. He basically said for the dealership you order through you will be a higher priority in that dealership. So basically my priority comes before the dealerships stock order for mustangs (he said the priorities on thos stangs are 20), but if someone came to that same dealership and ordered a mustang they would get theirs before mine. Since I have ordered my mustang in the beginning of July and some of you already have VINS, then he said that means Ford has already done a first batch (or more) "sweep" of orders. So since my dealership already had Mustangs on order before I placed my order, I am now behind those orders eventhough I have a higher priority. So that means I would not get the mustangs that come out 1 to 2 weeks before all the others. So now I have to wait for Ford to pull another batch of orders across the country. Hope all of that made some sort of sense.
Thanks dallas, that does fill in some blanks! B)
Old 7/22/04, 04:00 PM
GT Member

My dealer gave me a copy of a "Vehicle Order Confirmation". From what I have learned on this board I know this is a worthless token. Last week the dealer told me that he wasn't able to order his 2nd Mustang until this Friday.(tomorrow)
I plan to go to the dealer tomorrow and follow-up to make sure he does put the order in the system.

My question is this, will he then be able to provide me with a D.O.R.A. on the spot or is there a period of time that passes before he gets a D.O.R.A.? If I do get it is that all I need to worry about?
Old 7/22/04, 04:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

And I thought this stuff made sense ... up till now :shock:
Old 7/22/04, 06:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by legendlimetime@July 22, 2004, 10:03 PM
My dealer gave me a copy of a "Vehicle Order Confirmation". From what I have learned on this board I know this is a worthless token. Last week the dealer told me that he wasn't able to order his 2nd Mustang until this Friday.(tomorrow)
I plan to go to the dealer tomorrow and follow-up to make sure he does put the order in the system.

My question is this, will he then be able to provide me with a D.O.R.A. on the spot or is there a period of time that passes before he gets a D.O.R.A.? If I do get it is that all I need to worry about?
24- 48 hours normally. Check back in early in the week. And again check in with the sales person/manager periodically to get vehicle status........they will know you are really interested. Again , dealers get daily printouts on all their vehicle orders. Ask to see them.
Old 7/22/04, 08:57 PM
Bullitt Member

I could write a wordy post about how the whole order process works but it may cause more confusion. If you look at some of the sticky posts the order codes and process has been explained. For a customer, it really isn't that complicated as long as you know what to ask and trust the answers. Maybe this will help.
Questions to ask your dealer when ordering a car and how to get proof they are telling the truth:
Mr dealer, salesman, manager:
1. Do you currently have enough allocation of cars to place my order with Ford and have my order scheduled for production? Please show me your allocation report showing how many Mustangs you are currently allocated and which week you have allocation that you will use to fill my order. The dealer should be able to give you the exact date your car will be scheduled.
2. On the date your dealer told you your car would be scheduled you should call and ask if in fact it was scheduled. Your dealer then should be able to call you in approximately 2 days and give you a vin number. You can go to the dealer and ask to see his Vehicle Status Report showing your vin # and name next to your car. This the report that Bullitman posted in this thread.
3. Under normal circumstances your car will have a build date at this point. This is the date Ford plans to build your car. Because the Mustang is a new product at a new plant, Ford has not announced everyones build date, yet. They’re still thinking about it. Hence the TEMP DELAY status. Soon this will change and you will get a build date. Again, if you do not trust your dealer, ask to see the Vehicle Status Report with your car on it showing your build date.
4. On the build date call and ask if your car is now showing Produced. Again, ask for proof.
5. Ask your dealer to tell you when he receives your estimated Delivery to dealer date. This is usually 3 to 4 weeks from build date. Hopefully.
6. Hold breath till car comes in and go pick it up and drive it.
Hopefully this is helpful. Order numbers and priority numbers are irrelevant, really. I think you just want to know when you are getting YOUR car.
Did I say this wasn’t going to be wordy?
Old 7/22/04, 09:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

:worship: You the man Beck355. Wanna bet a few more threads will get started asking questions you just answered again? With your patience I bet you sell quite a few autos.
Old 7/22/04, 10:10 PM
Bullitt Member

I really need help with my purchase strategy!!! I want to purchase my GT in January. When should I place my order??? BEK said something about 4 weeks turnaround time. Should I order in December? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Old 7/23/04, 11:37 AM

My vin.# is 1ZVHT82H955103582, THE DEALER SAID THEY MADE MINE THE HIGHEST PRIORITY A 10. HE ALSO SAID 98 IS THE LOWEST. THE ONE I ORDERED IS,GT COUPE PREM, BLACK CC, LTHR TRIMD BKT, DK CHARCOAL/RED, PWR DRIVER SEAT, REAR WINDOW DEF, AIR COND, AM/FM 6-CD/MP3, 4.6 3V OHC V8, 5-SPD MAN TRANS, P235/55ZR17 A/S, SHKR 1000 AUDIO, ACTVE ANTI-THFT, 60 AMP BATTERY, INT COLOR ACCNT, RED/CHAR FLRMAT, REAR SPOILER, WHL LOCKING KIT, SEAT SIDE AIRBG, 17" BRT MACHIND. HE SAID WHEN THEY GOT PART OF VIN # LAST PART IT SAID " SERIALIZED HOLD" WASN'T SURE WHAT THAT MEANT .THAT WAS ON 7/9 TODAY GOT FULL #. I ORDERED ON 5/29 AT 12:30.
Old 7/23/04, 01:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

All your "Vital" signs are good ! Stangman Keep in touch with them, you are looking good!
Old 7/23/04, 01:48 PM
GT Member

So I called the dealer today as planned and the manager checked the status in the computer. He said the Mustang ordered the week before mine had been serialized but mine had not yet. He said to check back next Friday. I'll just be hurry'ing up and waiting???
Old 7/23/04, 03:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by legendlimetime@July 23, 2004, 7:51 PM
So I called the dealer today as planned and the manager checked the status in the computer. He said the Mustang ordered the week before mine had been serialized but mine had not yet. He said to check back next Friday. I'll just be hurry'ing up and waiting???
Patience my Butt!...........We want our cars :shock:
Old 7/23/04, 03:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by sajawebb@July 22, 2004, 11:13 PM
I really need help with my purchase strategy!!! I want to purchase my GT in January. When should I place my order??? BEK said something about 4 weeks turnaround time. Should I order in December? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Most likely a dead ringer will already be on a lot locally.
Old 7/23/04, 07:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by sajawebb@July 23, 2004, 12:13 AM
If you want to pick it up in January you should order it in November. If the order is pulled for production in November it will be built in Dec. and come in during January.
Old 7/23/04, 09:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by BEK355+July 23, 2004, 7:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BEK355 @ July 23, 2004, 7:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sajawebb@July 23, 2004, 12:13 AM
If you want to pick it up in January you should order it in November. If the order is pulled for production in November it will be built in Dec. and come in during January. [/b][/quote]
Good deal! Thanks! Since I'm not one of the 1st on the block to get one, it should be a little smoother. I mean the product line should catch up with demand by then you'd think! I mean no one at work even knows about a new mustang. Sure the marketing blitz will begin soon enough, but a lot of the public will just want a V-6 for the look, and not the fully loaded torch red premium gt (w/RESERVED 911 Memorial red, white and blue California plates: Y2K5GT) I plan on ordering in november. If job one starts in september, my car should be good to go by january of 05. Hope the date strategy works!
Old 8/10/04, 07:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nothing earthshaking here......As of today my build date has changed from 8/23 to 9/06. Any one else something similiar?

Ron
Old 8/10/04, 08:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Yup, our first car is showing schedule date of 9/7. ( 9/06 is labor day}
tick tock, tick tock.....

Quick Reply: Submitted to plant!