Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Styling/tuning advise please to Europe

Search this Thread

Old 3/6/10, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Styling/tuning advise please to Europe

How are you all??

After installing the supercharger and waiting for my gears ,i have some time think for new modifications... i have changed already 3 times the look of me car.

Right now i have really big monster stripes on my car ,because i wanted something different then the stripes you see everywhere , and for the rear i choose to let it down as v type stripe.
But know i am thinking to get back to smaller stripes ,because i think you see better the hood vents see the pic.

Also thinking for a cervini front bumper but i am afraid that it is to low for The Netherlands because of the speed bumps my car is lower in the front with
0.591 inch i choose for the chrome grill because it is almost the same as the chorme grill in the hood vents and i like it that is the same style.

Also thinking of the ducktail spoiler ....but dont no what to think about that in the front i like it and from the side but from the rear .....it make no sense...

So please what do you guys advise for the stripes ,bumper and rear spoiler

thanks

RAlph
The Netherlands
Europe
Attached Thumbnails Styling/tuning advise please to Europe-100_2876.jpg   Styling/tuning advise please to Europe-sdc11083-1-.jpg  
Attached Images   
Old 3/6/10, 06:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ralph, first of all, welcome to TMS!

Your Stang looks great. However, I think a lot of us can relate to the desire to switch things up from time to time and tweak the car. IMO, I'd keep the CDC chin instead of switching to the Cervini's, but I must admit, I have the CDC on my car, so I'm not unbiased. With that said, I think both are great pieces and you really can't go wrong. As for the spoiler, although the stock one is nice, you could definitely change the look up by going with a different spoiler. I went with the Steeda street wing on mine, but the ducktail style spoilers are really popular and would definitely flow well with the rest of your car. I'm sure a few people can jump in and provide some more insights into their experiences with different spoilers. I can say that mine was really easy to install. Lastly, as for the stripes, it would be interesting to see if someone could photoshop a superstripe on your car as well, to see how that would look as an additional option. I do like the uniqueness of your current setup though. Especially how you left portions of the lower rear bumper silver.

Lastly, good to see someone from the Netherlands on TMS.

Last edited by UMich97; 3/6/10 at 06:12 PM.
Old 3/6/10, 07:33 PM

Thanks!!!
Old 3/6/10, 07:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

I like the strips on the front. On the roof they should be the same width as the hood. The way they are now I think is to big on the roof. Maybe paint the vents body color. the duck tail is a great look. The strips in the back start out a little to big but I love the V shape. Good luck.
Old 3/9/10, 05:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

I find (and of course it's all opinion) that less is more. The stripes definitely need to be the same size across the length of the car. It plays tricks with the eyes having the stripes defined on the hood, then all the sudden on the roof and trunk the stripe is basically reversed so that the car is black with a single silver stripe down the middle. It looks...disconnected IMHO.

If it was me making the decisions I would do the following. Redo the stripes and paint so that the black strips are equal with the snorkles up front and start behind them. This leaves the entire front bumper and apron a solid color which I think is a bit more pleasing. Next I'd goto a a finned style grill, probably black. Cary the stripes across to the rear end of the car in the same size and location as they started on the hood.

I would then have them stop on the top of the trunk where you're thinking about going to a new spoiler. Much like you see with the first generation Camaro's.

After that I'd simply add a color matched mirror cover, or color matched Agent 47 mirrors and call it day. I think this would provide the look you have now but in a more simplified and connected feel. I'd also consider loosing the chrome tail light surrounds as well.

Again though this is just my personal opinion based on what I like. Truth is, it's your car and you have to drive it. So, make it exactly how you want it!