2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Stupid Ford Owner !

Search this Thread

Old 5/14/05, 12:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I was driving to the local WaWa around here and I notice a 2004 Ford F-150 following me every which way I go :scratch: . So I pull into the local convenience store and he pulls up next to me. I go inside the store, nothing is said to each other, but as soon as I left the store he followed behind me and said is that the new Mustang? I said yes (in my mind I pictured myself hitting him), then he proceeded to explain that he was not getting a 2005 Mustang because he wanted one with more power. I said oh, the 07 Shelby you waiting for? He said, " No the 2006 Mustang GT, it is going to have 50 more horses." I told him flat out no that the engine specs were going to be the same. Also he tried to explain that if he WANTED he could get an 05 Mustang GT, I then replied with " They have ceased production on 2005 Mustang Gt's as I know." He then replied with, " Well if I want one I can have one" very sarcastically. I laughed and said have fun in your F-150 and departed.

I just find it amuzing that other people try to knock you off your pedistal because you have what either they want or cannot obtain so they make up different things about later models that will "supposedly come out". All of his comment were very sarcastic though, none in honest sincerity.

Matt
Old 5/14/05, 12:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

I would have said one thing and one thing only. "You obviously dont know your Mustangs at all". I then would have written The Mustang Source website for him and said go do some homework.
Old 5/14/05, 03:49 PM
Cobra Member

I didn't think they stopped production, I thought you just can't order them anymore?
Old 5/14/05, 04:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

yeah that's what I meant by telling him that, but he insisted that HE can ad it's JUST A MUSTANG , made me so made

Matt
Old 5/14/05, 05:54 PM
GT Member

I was walking out of a corner store the other day when a guy walking past me says "Is that the new mustang?". I, of course, said yes. He proceeds to tell me that he kinda likes the car... but he thinks my stripes are ugly. "I wouldnt have gotten those!". All I could think to say was "Well... OK, when you buy one I guess you can get a paint job you like." He gave me a "go to he**" look for some reason. :scratch:

Thank you for your opinion. I will give it the appropriate consideration.
Old 5/14/05, 06:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Much like a neighbor down the street who looked at the car when I was washing it one day and asked "did you get a discount with that green color". Haven't really spoken to him since. He's a goof anyways.
Old 5/14/05, 07:01 PM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ignore people like that Matt. Ignoring people like them and letting them know that they don't get to you annoys people like that even more.

Some people just want to get a rise out of others.
Old 5/14/05, 07:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Last night at the local cruise in a salesman drove a new v6 next to one of my friends cars and started saying that he was going to be getting a new Shelby in a few weeks but you cant buy a Mustang GTon the lot in the country. Then I told him that my uncle who works at a ford dealership has a Mustang GT in stock and thenI told him that the Shelby wont be out untill summer of next year.He gave me a go to he$& look and walked off.
Old 5/14/05, 09:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

I parked at the grocery store a couple nights ago, and some guy comes running over to my car as I was getting out. He says, "excuse me for being so forward, but I wondered if I could look under the hood of that '05." So, I open the hood for him, and he's looking and telling me how he's worked in engine rebuilding shops all his life, and then starts ripping the Ford engine! :angry:

He kind of rambled on, but his main complaint seemed to be that Ford made a big mistake with the modular V8, because they squeezed the cylinders too close to each other, which doesn't allow them to be bored out... ?? okay, I guess that might be a problem for someone who wanted to bore it out... I just kind of nodded my head.

Then he slips in a comment about how I don't want to even think about messing with an LS-1, unless I want to get spanked. Another nod.

And he concludes by proclaiming the Dodge Hemi in the upcoming Charger will prove to be the best engine out there, "mark my words." Okay, I'll keep an eye out for that.

I shut the hood, and then figured I'd turn the conversation around, so I asked him what his opinion was regarding whether I should switch to synthetic oil now (at 1300 miles), or use the recommended synthetic blend for this change, and wait until 3000 to switch to synthetic. He said, doesn't matter - it's more important that the engine is driven hard now with the oil that's in it, and on the first change if I want to switch to synthetic oil, that's fine. Sounded reasonable, but then he lost all credibility when he said that if I did go with synthetic I'd never have to change it, "because that stuff lasts 100,000 miles."

Weird...
Old 5/14/05, 10:12 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by wjones14@May 14, 2005, 11:43 PM
... he said that if I did go with synthetic I'd never have to change it, "because that stuff lasts 100,000 miles."
he must have been running out of engines to rebuild
Old 5/14/05, 10:21 PM

I'm always amused at how some people make total fools out of themselves. You just NEVER know who you are talking to. Case in point, a guy was telling my husband all about how the Mustang did this and had that, blah, blah, blah, and my husband let him babble on. He never really commented on anything the guy said. I don't know how he could stand it, but eventually he broke away from "Mr. Know-It-All. Too funny because my husband builds them at AAI!!!
Old 5/14/05, 10:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

exactly it's people like everyone on here has just explained that try to get under your skin and start bashing your pride and joy only because they're not driving this beauty of a beast. Still to this day I've had more thumbs up and I love that color than I did with any other car.

Anyone else have any stories??

Matt
Old 5/14/05, 10:57 PM

one story kinda in the lines of you guys. Me and my wife went to a local Advance Auto parts and talked to a salesman about the K&N aircharger for the 05 stang. I was telling him about how I seen numbers posted on a website on how it got like 15 more HP at 6000 rpm etc. He tells me probably more like 5-6 more HP and said you should just get an Cold Air system. I then replied with the " I have been thinking about it but been kinda worried on voiding my warrenty since the computer has to be reflashed in the 05". He was like no your wrong blah blah blah I have been in mustangs since I was 16 blah blah blah. I tried to tell him about how picky the 05 is and it can lean out if you dont reflash the car. He claimed to be a big stang guy which he may be, but sure didnt know to much about the 05. My last remark was well my 05 stang is parked right next to your 98 stang outside and if you ever want to learn about the 05 check out this website, and I told him this site
Old 5/15/05, 02:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Couple of stories.

On Mothers day, I took my wife up to Home Depot to get some flowers and plants and whatnots for the yard. It's kind of a customary ritual we've been doing for several years. My wife never liked me spending money on flowers that die in week. So we just buy some that she can put in the yard.

Anyway.
I just figured out the Active Anti theft and left my windows down when we went in. Activated the alarm and proceeded to the outdoor center.

We were in for about 5 minutes and I heard the alarm going off.
I walked out of the garden center to peek at my ride and I saw a guy and a vette near my car. After 30 seconds or so the alarm ceased.

When we were done we headed out to the pony and lo and behold the guy who set off the alarm was also coming out.

He apologized for setting off the alarm and said he felt safe parking next to my pony. He said he didn't even touch it, just peeked in the window.

He then went on to tell me that he has a Shelby on order.
Not only is it ordered, but he is getting the 3rd one built.
I told him that last I knew that the Ford/Shelby thing wasn't even official yet. He said it was and that he knew some people who got him the order.

I wished him luck and we went on our way.

Story 2:
We went to a local superstore similar to a Super Walmart.
It's a local franchise here in the midwest.

As we were coming out, I saw a car stopped in front of mine.
We just strolled up, started putting our stuff in the car and a gentleman says "nice car". I took notice of him and he had to be in his mid 70's.
I said "thankyou". He says "has the 4.6 in right?" Impressed I say "yea".
He says "nice motor". "300 horses oughta get that thing going pretty good huh"? Impressed again I say "sure does".
He again says how he likes the car and takes off with his wife.
Very impressive to see a seasoned citezen with some knowledge and appreciation for a fine automobile.

Enjoy all your stories. Sorry to be so long winded.
Old 5/15/05, 08:10 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I have an admirer like that.....My moms sister

She has a raggedy ole(mistreated) 2001 bright red six.

Since the second mine came home, she has carped like a fishwife......

Hers is faster.
Hers is rare.(know why? Cause its paradise red :scratch: )
Mine is too bloated
Mine is just an automatic......
Yellow is ugly........
Lord help me but I have been very good about not letting loose on her.
Old 5/15/05, 08:17 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@May 15, 2005, 9:13 AM
I have an admirer like that.....My moms sister

She has a raggedy ole(mistreated) 2001 bright red six.

Since the second mine came home, she has carped like a fishwife......

Hers is faster.
Hers is rare.(know why? Cause its paradise red :scratch: )
Mine is too bloated
Mine is just an automatic......
Yellow is ugly........
Lord help me but I have been very good about not letting loose on her.

April,
Time to open up a time ripened can of whupa** on her (figuratively of course )
Old 5/15/05, 08:19 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

She is getting hers

She's living in the house I bought when I was gonna build one...Thats revenge enough. Did I mention living there FREE? on that place.

Paradise red......Only one of 100 ever made.....
Old 5/15/05, 08:22 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by wjones14@May 14, 2005, 10:43 PM

And he concludes by proclaiming the Dodge Hemi in the upcoming Charger will prove to be the best engine out there, "mark my words." Okay, I'll keep an eye out for that.

Could be the best engine in the world-sarcasm intended-but it is wrapped in sheet metal that resmbles a Checker Cab!!
Honestly a face only a mother could love!!!
Old 5/15/05, 08:35 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Tiberius1701@May 15, 2005, 8:25 AM
Could be the best engine in the world-sarcasm intended-but it is wrapped in sheet metal that resmbles a Checker Cab!!
Honestly a face only a mother could love!!!
Agreed!!! That thing is hideous!
Old 5/15/05, 10:05 AM
Team Mustang Source

Been lucky - almost everytime I get gas, the car draws 1-3 folks who have admired it and we usually end up talking about Mustangs in gerneral - no reak jerks.........yet. As for someone following me into a parking lot, and waiting for me to come out of the store, just glad virginia allows concealed gun permits!

Quick Reply: Stupid Ford Owner !