2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

This is the story from MY dealer!

Search this Thread

Old 12/29/04, 05:12 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So i got a call from the dealer today. They know im waiting for the spring to buy, but with all of the holiday specials they're running, the lady was pouring it on thick trying to get me onto the lot. She told me that i would be foolish to not come in and order my GT now, because there were some folk at ford, the people that make the axles she said, that will be on strike coming this winter and production on the '05 will be coming to a hault around february. I have read a lot of things on this board, but nothing about that. So i have reminded them that id be buying in the spring, and if i had to wait for my car, id wait.

I think she is full of, well you know.
Old 12/29/04, 05:20 PM
V6 Member

You do know that you could order, and have the dealer put a lower priority on your order, insuring that it gets built later.
Old 12/29/04, 05:46 PM
FR500 Member

Actually if you ordered now, you would probably get it in the spring. I ordered Sept 20 and no car YET.

But...... yeah she's full of donkey doodles.
Old 12/29/04, 08:35 PM
GT Member

I thought about that. I wanted to have my loan payments start in june. She said that if i went in right now, i could have the car delivered by march/april and they would extend my first payment up to 90 days. So that would give me plenty of time, but im not expecting my big raise 'till about april, so i wouldn't probably quilify for the loan right now anyway.
Old 12/30/04, 05:13 AM
Cobra Member

Hey Brian, it sounds like you've got a good game plan. And it's wise for you not to give into the dealer's sly fear tactics. I was wondering if you have been to several dealers or did you prefer to deal with the one you mentioned? Here in the Richmond area, there are a ton of Ford dealers. I'm lucky to have several choices. When the time comes, I'm going to do a lot of running around and comparison shopping. I'll let THEM duke it out for my money! The dealerships that chose to apply a "market adjustment" to the price of the car, however, have already been stricken off my list of potential dealers. That tactic left an awful taste in my mouth and I would never purchase ANY car from them. It's like they're saying "this is the MSRP...and this is how much we're gonna screw you because you want this car so badly." Keep on track with your plan and I'm sure you'll be happy in the end.
Old 12/30/04, 07:34 AM
GT Member

Thanks Chris,

Well, i have only dealt with 2 dealers so far, just gaining info. I will be purchasing through the X-Plan, so it doesn't seem to matter that much which dealer i use. It just matters which dealer is the easiest to work with. If you know of anyone or you yourself used the X-Plan and have any advice...I'd be grateful. I seem to have a pretty keen sense for people, aso i have a really good idea when someone is trying to screw me.
Old 12/30/04, 08:23 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Gibson@December 29, 2004, 9:38 PM
I thought about that. I wanted to have my loan payments start in june. She said that if i went in right now, i could have the car delivered by march/april and they would extend my first payment up to 90 days. So that would give me plenty of time, but im not expecting my big raise 'till about april, so i wouldn't probably quilify for the loan right now anyway.
You don't have to qualify for the loan now, you get the loan when the car actually comes in. Even if it comes in March, tell the bank your income that you will have in April.
Old 12/30/04, 09:00 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by holderca1+December 30, 2004, 9:26 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (holderca1 @ December 30, 2004, 9:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Gibson@December 29, 2004, 9:38 PM
You don't have to qualify for the loan now, you get the loan when the car actually comes in. Even if it comes in March, tell the bank your income that you will have in April. [/b][/quote]
Well, she did tell me that if i order my car this week, it would be atleast 12 to 16 weeks for delivery.

Here i go again, talking myself into doing this right away.