2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sorry no manuals this week

Search this Thread

Old 12/2/04, 01:31 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I called every about 5-7 dealers in my area (I lost count.) and only one was about to order me a GT at Xplan pricing. I get a call last night but I was busy and did not answer my phone it was basically the fleet manager saying my order was put in. I’m thinking to my self awesome I will call him for the DORA on Friday. Well just now I got a call

Him: Sorry my general manager, who placed the order, just told me Ford bounced it back. He said they aren’t producing manuals this week.

I was holding back my laughter the entire time.

Me: I was under the impression that they were producing manuals this week, that’s odd that it bounced back, when can you expect it to be accepted?
Him: We will try again next week I will call you Tuesday morning.
Me: Can I have set up a meeting with the GM Friday as I won’t available before then?
Him: Let’s see what happens on Tuesday.

I am not sure if this dealership is not good at placing orders or is taking their time thinking they have a deal locked in. I might just go down there Friday and talk to them GM, I don’t really need this guys OK to see him I was just being polite. I almost have a feeling his GM did not OK it and he’s just stringing me along. I really have no other options unless a member in the area can help me out. If no one really knows of any place near me I guess I will just stick it out or wait tell the dealership nearest my office will order me a car as they seemed to be the most professional and knowledgeable out of all the dealerships I have dealt with so far.
Old 12/2/04, 01:40 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ya...ok...you can only order something when they're building those specs that week.

Oooo....kaaaay....

*sniff* *sniff*
Old 12/2/04, 01:41 PM
Cobra Member

it's amazing sometimes how stupid people think other people are.....
on the otherhand, it's amazing how stupid some people are.
Old 12/2/04, 01:49 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by GhostTX@December 2, 2004, 2:43 PM
Ya...ok...you can only order something when they're building those specs that week.

Oooo....kaaaay....

*sniff* *sniff*
Yeah I know as soon as I got off the phone I just started laughing. As if what’s is being made this week has ANYTHING to do with what will be will be for 6-8 weeks down the line. I figured it I would post it to get the rant off my chest and maybe get some direction as to a dealership not full of BS. Or maybe to make others laugh at my situation as I find it very funny, although I really want my car.
Old 12/2/04, 01:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

JessicaRabbit and CA Stang are getting/got their Stangs in CA...might could PM one of them and see what dealers they are/were dealing with.
Old 12/2/04, 02:05 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Maybe they put it in as a V6 manual and it got kicked back.
Old 12/2/04, 02:24 PM
Cobra Member

Did a quick search and found who CA Stang bought his mustang from and called and the fleet guy told me they will not order me one under xplan. CA stangs post also said he paid 500 over invoice plus 750 in rebates. And after a search on Jessica we ordered from the same place and shes having a horrible time. Maybe I’ll pm her for some help as she is a lot further along in this then I am.
Old 12/2/04, 02:36 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Alt, I dont think I am having a horrible time.. I think the dealership is having a horrible time getting vars allotted. I am dealing with the Fleet Manager, and he has been SO accomadating, and give me as much info as he can. the only question I have right now for them is why someone who ordered after I did by almost three weeks could be getting thiers earlier than I.

It may have ALOT to do with if they are building in batches, since we ordered very similar vehicles.
Old 12/2/04, 02:45 PM
Cobra Member

Well, I guess calling it a “horrible time” is an overstatement. Glad to know it’s worth it to stick it out with them.

To me it just that this excuse seems like a blatant lie. Since I have already proven to them that I know what I want and I know all about the process. Maybe I will check into make sure they did not try to place a V6 order, I had not though about that possibility.