2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Some of my latest mods

Search this Thread

Old 8/9/06, 12:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some of my latest mods

I've posted a few pics on here before of some of the stuff I've done but here is what I was up to these past few weeks. Many thanks to the people on this forum (and others) that provide input.

Been pretty busy, finally got my intake installed (yay) and a bunch of other stuff I had ordered and was waiting on finally got here.

The black out (Moss Mustangs Slotted Tail Light Covers in Trim Black & Magnetic Rear Blackout)

The Strange Development Strut Tower bar & 07 Plenum Cover.

Check the clearance. I had to make a quick adjustment as it was less than a hair away from the bar. I took the two rubber grommets out of the sides of the plenum, put the cover on and then used the grommets over top of the studs to keep the plenum on and sucked down on the intake. It's hard to see in that shot but from inside the car you can see it has lots of room, even when you gas the motor.

And the C&L (with MGW rad cap and other bits above).

Old 8/9/06, 05:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts
Do you notice any distinct difference with the strut brace installed?
Old 8/9/06, 11:45 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
can you post more pics of the magnetic thing

how is the clearance around the emblem?
Old 8/9/06, 12:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Do you notice any distinct difference with the strut brace installed?
Yep, it was a nice feel. Giving it on curvy offramps and the like is much flatter now. It's not a massive difference but I can feel it now, just feels tighter. They're supposed to be coming out with a rear tower bar. Depending on how that installs I'll probably buy it too. These bars are REALLY light too so they do a good job without adding any appreciable weight.

can you post more pics of the magnetic thing

how is the clearance around the emblem?
No extra pics handy right now but if you want something in particular I can try to get a shot for you. As far as the emblem, it actually tucks under the emblem slightly. Once you align the magnet and fidget with it a bit it pretty much is cut perfectly for the area. On the right hand side with the lid open I can see maybe an 1/8th" of the paint along that edge but trunk closed and the bezels on I can't see it unless I get right in there.
Old 8/10/06, 08:06 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice job on the clearance! Would you mind posting a pic of your engine in the exterior mod section under "lets see those engine dress ups".I'm sure a lot of people would want to see the new plenum cover with a strut brace and a nice amount of clearance! Once again,nice mods
Old 8/11/06, 10:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks boltz! I was going to post that yesterday but couldn't get to the site from work, I'll go do that now.
Old 8/12/06, 09:54 PM
Cobra Member

Looks good, nice work! Coincidentally, I did the exact same panel/ taillight treatment on mine too. Except the panel is black vinyl rather than magnetic.
Attached Thumbnails Some of my latest mods-p8120004.jpg