2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Some jerk threw Coke on my car!

Search this Thread

Old 8/9/06, 10:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some jerk threw Coke on my car!

I walk outside today to run to a fast food place to pick up some lunch (out of food at home) and notice something on my driver's side window, down the quarter pannel, and on the roof. A sticky, brown liquid that could only be one thing...

A random carbonated beverage someone deliberately threw onto my car!

Grrrr.... now I have to leave early for work to run by a carwash to get this mess off. I hate having to park in the street. Stupid punks!

Note: I don't have a garrage, or a driveway even. The *ONLY* place to park is in the street or a small parking lot, which was full when I got home last night. I also don't have the ability to hand-wash my car right now. No hose, no hose hookup, and no driveway to park in to wash it!
Old 8/9/06, 10:19 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The language filters will OWN me if I say what I want to......

SOBs who do that are lousy a-holes.....

Sorry it happened man - get that Pony cared for!
Old 8/9/06, 10:20 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by WarBird69

I walk outside today to run to a fast food place to pick up some lunch (out of food at home) and notice something on my driver's side window, down the quarter pannel, and on the roof. A sticky, brown liquid that could only be one thing...

A random carbonated beverage someone deliberately threw onto my car!

Grrrr.... now I have to leave early for work to run by a carwash to get this mess off. I hate having to park in the street. Stupid punks!

Note: I don't have a garrage, or a driveway even. The *ONLY* place to park is in the street or a small parking lot, which was full when I got home last night. I also don't have the ability to hand-wash my car right now. No hose, no hose hookup, and no driveway to park in to wash it!
Sorry man. I hate jealous, spiteful or just disrespectful punks. You have any polish/wax on her yet? If not DO SO IMMEDIATELY. This helps tremendously on getting stuff off your car.
Old 8/9/06, 10:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
You have any polish/wax on her yet? If not DO SO IMMEDIATELY. This helps tremendously on getting stuff off your car.
I can't polish/wax her for another 15 days or so due to the painted stripes... I could Zaino everywhere but the stripes, but IMO, that is silly. I'd rather just wait and do the whole car at once.
Old 8/9/06, 10:37 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I hate the lack of respect some people have. Jealous little buggers is all they are.
Old 8/9/06, 11:25 AM
Cobra Member

Friggin' idiots!

I have been egged and keyed, so I definitely feel your pain! And the key job was in my car port!

As far as washing the car, I can't do it at my apartment complex either, but found a local car wash (basically cement stalls with a water gun) that works well... I can hand wash the car with my stuff, it's in the shade and it only costs me a couple bucks... For people that don't have access to a hose where they live, it's a great alternative...
Old 8/9/06, 12:01 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Its a real shame that your car got hit. Take it to the coin wash at the very least and get that gunk off the car.

Look on the brightside, at least no one smashed in your windows or keyed up your car, as has happened to others here.

Sweet revenge for me is knowing at least the low-life who did that will probably be making minimum wage most of his life.
Old 8/9/06, 12:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Slime dogs should be hung!

Worst case, buy some bottled water and paper towels!
Old 8/9/06, 12:16 PM
Bullitt Member

As far as washing the car, I can't do it at my apartment complex either, but found a local car wash (basically cement stalls with a water gun) that works well... I can hand wash the car with my stuff, it's in the shade and it only costs me a couple bucks... For people that don't have access to a hose where they live, it's a great alternative...
Hmmm I know of a couple of these "do-it-yourself-with-a-spray-gun" type places around. Don't people get pissy if you take a long time to wash your car with your own soap, towels, ect?
Old 8/9/06, 12:17 PM
Cobra R Member

thats horrible, hopefully it doesnt stain the paint at all. if nothing gets it off, try shampoo.
Old 8/9/06, 05:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Get a rope!!
Old 8/9/06, 06:21 PM
GT Member

Only a true &*^%#$@s would do this. And as John Travolta said in Pulp Fiction, "It would have been worth him doing it to catch him doing it."

They did it out of jealousy for the car. Unless you've been dating someone else's girlfriend. Or maybe it was some jealous woman. Dumped any girlfriends lately? (I once knew a woman who stuck an icepick into about 10 people's tires just so she could make sure she got her ex-boyfriend's new car. Let me say I barely knew her, and didn't like her at all.)

Yes whoever did it is probably hoping minimum wage increases so he can get a raise. Then he can save enough money after 3 or 4 months to put a fart cannon on his dirty 1994 Honda Civic with the mismatched body kit and park bench on the trunk, AND put a down payment on a clue so he can figure out why people laugh and point when he rides by.

Endeavor to persevere.
Old 8/9/06, 08:02 PM
Number Cruncher

Originally Posted by WarBird69
Hmmm I know of a couple of these "do-it-yourself-with-a-spray-gun" type places around. Don't people get pissy if you take a long time to wash your car with your own soap, towels, ect?
Yup. They do tend to get a little pissy.
Avoid the crowds. Go to the carwash late at night.
For some reason, most people want to wash their car in the daylight.
Old 8/9/06, 08:13 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Gisarm
Only a true &*^%#$@s would do this. And as John Travolta said in Pulp Fiction, "It would have been worth him doing it to catch him doing it."

They did it out of jealousy for the car. Unless you've been dating someone else's girlfriend. Or maybe it was some jealous woman. Dumped any girlfriends lately? (I once knew a woman who stuck an icepick into about 10 people's tires just so she could make sure she got her ex-boyfriend's new car. Let me say I barely knew her, and didn't like her at all.)

Yes whoever did it is probably hoping minimum wage increases so he can get a raise. Then he can save enough money after 3 or 4 months to put a fart cannon on his dirty 1994 Honda Civic with the mismatched body kit and park bench on the trunk, AND put a down payment on a clue so he can figure out why people laugh and point when he rides by.

Endeavor to persevere.
Old 8/9/06, 08:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry to hear it...I assume you've cleaned it up and there's no other damage.
Old 8/9/06, 08:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

I keep a couple bottles of water in my car just for stuff like this. If it's not dried on, you can at least water it down, and save paint damage. Don't wipe it, just pour lots of water on and blot it off with a clean towel. I know how you feel , I get so annoyed at the a$$%*!#$ who do stuff like that.
Old 8/9/06, 08:30 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<Insert Narcotics Joke here>

j/k. Sorry to hear that bud, hope you get her cleaned up back to showroom.
Old 8/9/06, 08:43 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Lennyb44
Yup. They do tend to get a little pissy.
Avoid the crowds. Go to the carwash late at night.
For some reason, most people want to wash their car in the daylight.
I usually do mine at dusk and there usually aren't too many people there... There are 4 or 5 stalls, so I am usually okay... I haven't ran into a problem where people were waiting on me yet... The key is to do it at times when it's not too busy, even night as stated above... At least you wouldn't have to worry about the sun baking in water spots that way!

Old 8/10/06, 07:36 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Hey Nick, that sucked bigtime!

As others have mentioned, I hope it left no stain marks anywhere on the car.
Old 8/10/06, 09:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Get yourself a paging alarm system with proximity sensor. And a nice big aluminum bat!

Quick Reply: Some jerk threw Coke on my car!