2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

So Where are they all? Area reps say sales brisk

Search this Thread

Old 4/3/05, 02:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First a little background:

One of my rituals, while waiting to get out of C/U purgatory, has been cruisng past one of the local Ford dealers on my way to work to look at 05s on the lot.

In speaking to all three local dealers over the last few months - right up to talking to one at last week's local Autoshow (where there were multiple 05s getting a lot of attention) - sales are "brisk", and they can't bring them in fast enough.

So why haven't I seen a single one on the road? I've been looking constantly because every glimpse of one makes me feel better about the wait for mine.

Yes. I'm following the same route to work every day, and I suppose any other 05 owners could just be living somewhere else or keeping different hours.

But I see at least 1/2 a dozen late model 'Stangs on the road every day, so where have all the 05s, gone long time passing?

Has anyone else noticed anything similar in other parts of the country?
Old 4/3/05, 02:47 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I live in NH and have only seen 2, no GTs, on the road. Other people tell me all the time they see them. Not me. Oh well I'll be seeing mine real soon.
Old 4/3/05, 03:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Dustin,

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only. Congrats that yours is on the way. I'm sure mine will be, too. In the mean time I'll just keeping looking when I'm driving, and keep posting when I'm not. (Hey, I just hit 100!)

By the way, I really like your sig format. Hope you don't mind if I copy the layout when my ride finally starts moving.
Old 4/3/05, 03:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Pretty much the same story in SoCal...I mean, there are certainly not as many '05 GT's out there. I've only seen 3 GT's on the road since January (except for the 4 at the HB get-together last month) and I drive about 120 miles a day. That makes it even better to be driving a new "rare"(?) car!
Old 4/3/05, 03:36 PM
Bullitt Member

I live in Fremont, CA. and know of two other GT's in my town. One black, and one Silver like mine. There may be more, but I haven't seen them. I have seen two V6's, one Redfire and one Mineral Gray.

The dealer always seems to have 10-15 V6's on the lot and one or two GT priced about $6,000 over MSRP.
Old 4/3/05, 03:37 PM
GT Member

i live in the suburbs outside of detroit---i located a mustang holding lot on plymouth road between inkster and middlebelt--didn't have a digital camera but there were at least 1,000 of them sitting in the lot---no gates or fences, you could walk right up and touch one if you wanted too----
Old 4/3/05, 04:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Draftin',

Any chance you might be going back with a camera. would love to see that...
Old 4/3/05, 04:33 PM

They are all in transit for months at a time.
Old 4/3/05, 04:34 PM
GT Member

I don't see many either. I drove to Dallas Friday and only saw two, a V6 and a GT. Didn't see any while I was up there. The cars are moving off the lots, but where are they all going to? Some secret Mustang community?
Old 4/3/05, 04:56 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by aponyfan@April 3, 2005, 4:32 PM
Draftin',

Any chance you might be going back with a camera. would love to see that...

yes----

i am going to go back this week----but i'll be in vegas this thursday through sunday---will post them next week---it is an awesome sight---one row had every color GT in it---good for color comparison
Old 4/3/05, 05:20 PM
Bullitt Member

here in the Seattle area I dont see very many, maybe one a week if we are lucky.
Today we did see a white GT in a store parking lot when we pulled in, waited a few minutes hoping to ask the owner how long his wait was and how he likes the car, didnt get the chance though.
and the months go by!...grrrrr
Old 4/3/05, 05:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

in garages waitin for the nice weather. oh wait thats mine lol
Old 4/3/05, 05:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They are all here on the westside of Ft Worth! I see them too often over here and it seems to be more GT's than V6's for some reason, go figure.
Old 4/3/05, 05:48 PM
Cobra Member

I see 3-4 Mustang V6 coupes per week and 1 Mustang GT coupe every two to three weeks on average. There was one day that I saw 3 Mustang GTs and 1 Mustang V6, but that was extraordinary. I'm in Richmond, Virginia.

I, too was beginning to wonder if people are buying them and hiding them in their garages!
Old 4/3/05, 06:44 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm starting to see more V6's as well. I saw one just a couple of blocks from my house. MG, it looked great!

Originally posted by Treadhead@April 3, 2005, 5:45 PM
They are all here on the westside of Ft Worth! I see them too often over here and it seems to be more GT's than V6's for some reason, go figure.
Old 4/3/05, 07:40 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

as for GTs in Seattle area- I have seen several over a period of about 3 months:

Mine- a Black gt , another black gt, a yellow gt, a redfire red gt, a torch red gt, a windveil blue gt all in everett area.
I have seen a metallic grey gt in marysville and a metallic grey gt in seattle on I-5, and I Saw a White GT in kenmore in Jan05.

and I saw a redfire red Gt for sale today up at the anacortes ford dealer....as I drove by...

Most of the time I see only V6s it seems very rare to see a gt ...
Old 4/3/05, 07:49 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by Shannon@April 3, 2005, 4:37 PM
I don't see many either. I drove to Dallas Friday and only saw two, a V6 and a GT. Didn't see any while I was up there. The cars are moving off the lots, but where are they all going to? Some secret Mustang community?
Alabama...........

I am not even special anymore.. Too blasted many 05s on the road.
Old 4/3/05, 08:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine+April 3, 2005, 7:52 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EleanorsMine @ April 3, 2005, 7:52 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Shannon@April 3, 2005, 4:37 PM
Alabama...........

[/b][/quote]

Well, that explains the mystery. They're all going to 'Bama. Must be a plot to destabalize the Northern economy.

April,

We're going to need you to start 'jacking them and shipping them elsewhere...
Old 4/3/05, 08:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by EleanorsMine+April 3, 2005, 7:52 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EleanorsMine @ April 3, 2005, 7:52 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Shannon@April 3, 2005, 4:37 PM
Alabama...........

[/b][/quote]

Aww April, Don't you know you will always be special!
Old 4/4/05, 01:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

It seems that in certain area of a state there are concentrations of the new Mustangs and in others there are barely any.

For instance, I live in NJ. In my area, the Jersey shore, I've seen only two other Mustangs - one a Black V6 and another a Mineral Grey GT visiting from PA. I have seen none in central/western Jersey, but if I go down to Atlantic City, forget it! THERE ARE TONS!! They are more common than riced out Hondas and Corrollas.

Here's another strange bit of info. My father recently drove down to Florida in his Envoy and told me that the further South he went, the more common '05 Mustangs were. By the time he got to Florida, he said he couldn't drive more than two miles without seeing one or two!

Weirdness, indeed.

Quick Reply: So Where are they all? Area reps say sales brisk