2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

So, what IS the real deal on 2005 GTs?

Search this Thread

Old 4/15/05, 10:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does ANYONE know what the heck is going on with GT orders? :bang:

As some of you know, I ordered a GT vert for my wife back in February and as of 4/7 is "scheduled" to be built the week of 4/25. I called the dealer today (4/15) for the VIN# and they say it does not exist yet. WTF!
From what I have read and been emailed, serialization (ie. VIN) takes place before scheduling. If someone has definitive proof that is not the case, please post.

Beyond the issue with my wife's car, I am sure other folks would like to know the real deal about 2005 orders being pushed/cancelled. Bottom line, at what point along the ERL trail can one assume the car is guaranteed to be built/delivered? :scratch:

Any concrete insight is appreciated. Guesses, while good natured, are not desired. Thank you!

EK
Old 4/15/05, 11:11 AM
Team Mustang Source

If your car is truly scheduled, you are fine. You should resolve this with your dealer to make sure they plan on selling you the car that matches the order number you have been calling on. If the ERL says you are scheduled and your dealer is saying no, maybe they are having a "change of heart" on your purchase agreement (read as- going to sell it to someone else for more)
Old 4/15/05, 12:09 PM
Bullitt Member

I had thought of that occuring as well, but was attempting to remain optimistic and presumed the dealer was just stupid, in the dark, call it what you will as they had been on the available options, delivery, etc. :notnice:

Has anyone actually had this happen to them? I did read a post about a mustang that was delivered with the correct VIN, but not with the right options. Considering that the VIN denotes the options, I question how this happened at all. :scratch:

EK
Old 4/15/05, 12:46 PM
V6 Member

The inventory manager has all the information to answer your question. If you are settling with your sales persons answer then you must go to the next level. We have full access to the vehicle order information at our dealership and are encouraged to get the managers help in reading and providing accurate info to the customer
Old 4/15/05, 01:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Unfortunately, the person that gave me the information was one of the sales managers, just not the one I normally deal with.

Here is to keeping my fingers crossed!

EK
Old 4/16/05, 08:55 AM
Cobra Member

There was someone a couple of months ago that had this happen to them. I recall that the dealer told them they couldn't fill their order, and then a couple of weeks later, the EXACT car showed up at the lot. The dealer swore it was not his car, but it was obvious it was.
Old 4/17/05, 08:37 PM

Originally posted by MustangV8+April 17, 2005, 8:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MustangV8 @ April 17, 2005, 8:24 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-KansasCityTim@April 16, 2005, 8:58 AM
There was someone a couple of months ago that had this happen to them. I recall that the dealer told them they couldn't fill their order, and then a couple of weeks later, the EXACT car showed up at the lot. The dealer swore it was not his car, but it was obvious it was.
[/b][/quote]

I ordered my 2005 GT, IUP, 17" wheels, Anti-Theft, Wheel Locks, 5 sp on Dec 30, 2004. Dealer showed me DORA date of 1/3/05. Since then, they have no news. It's become very frustrating seeing other GT's including "verts" get serialized and production dates. Dealer is a smaller rural dealership. They said my order is the only GT customer order received. They order a few more more stock units. This dealer told me they gave my order priority 10. I noticed on DORA print-out, it shows priority 12. Could this be causing the delay?

Also, this past weekend, I drove up to the Flat Rock, MI plant that builds the Mustang. (Saturday). Talk about a place with no activity. The employee parking lot was empty, factory doors all closed. If Ford is increasing production, it certainly did not occur this Saturday. Even the storage lots with finished Mustangs was near empty. Saw alot of V6's, and "vert" GT & V6's. Very few coupe GT's. I have to question Ford's decision to move a hot car like the new Mustang to a plant where they have to share assembly production allocation with the Mazda 6 series.

This will definitely be the last new Ford product I order.
Dave
Old 4/17/05, 10:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by MustangV8+April 17, 2005, 7:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MustangV8 @ April 17, 2005, 7:40 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by MustangV8@April 17, 2005, 8:24 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-KansasCityTim
@April 16, 2005, 8:58 AM

I ordered my 2005 GT, IUP, 17" wheels, Anti-Theft, Wheel Locks, 5 sp on Dec 30, 2004. Dealer showed me DORA date of 1/3/05. Since then, they have no news. It's become very frustrating seeing other GT's including "verts" get serialized and production dates. Dealer is a smaller rural dealership. They said my order is the only GT customer order received. They order a few more more stock units. This dealer told me they gave my order priority 10. I noticed on DORA print-out, it shows priority 12. Could this be causing the delay?

Also, this past weekend, I drove up to the Flat Rock, MI plant that builds the Mustang. (Saturday). Talk about a place with no activity. The employee parking lot was empty, factory doors all closed. If Ford is increasing production, it certainly did not occur this Saturday. Even the storage lots with finished Mustangs was near empty. Saw alot of V6's, and "vert" GT & V6's. Very few coupe GT's. I have to question Ford's decision to move a hot car like the new Mustang to a plant where they have to share assembly production allocation with the Mazda 6 series.

This will definitely be the last new Ford product I order.
Dave
[/b][/quote]

Recently, I have been dealing with the "Fleet Dude" (instead of the "Sales Puke"). "Fleet Dude" does all the order tracking at the small rural dealership I ordered from . . . . he's the last stop on the crap train the sales folks create.

This place gets 2.5 allocation per month on average. I called him on the 15th of April and asked him WTF?

He thanked me for calling and promoted me from a priority 16 to a 10 . . . . give it a try.
Old 4/18/05, 07:18 PM
GT Member

Eric, I'm also scheduled for build week of 4/25. I called my dealer and asked for my VIN ('for insurance purposes' I said) and they faxed it to me. The fax looks like a screen print of an order inquiry screen. If 'Evil Robot Lady' says your scheduled (released to Factor, or later) you should have a full VIN. You need talk to the person that places and monitors the orders.

Good luck.
Old 4/18/05, 09:11 PM
Bullitt Member

I plan on calling the ERL on Thursday night to make sure there is no change in status and then on Friday I plan to drop in on the dealer and get the VIN#. That should put an end to the BS train! :notnice:

EK
Old 4/19/05, 03:01 PM

Hi! I ordered my GT 'vert on Valentine's Day and I just got it today, April 19. My dealer told me that how fast your order comes in depends on how soon Ford pulled the order in a "lotto system". Whether that is true or not, I don't know. I even ordered it with the iup. I am in Missouri, don't know if that makes any difference?

Originally posted by ekessler507@April 15, 2005, 10:52 AM
Does ANYONE know what the heck is going on with GT orders? :bang:

As some of you know, I ordered a GT vert for my wife back in February and as of 4/7 is "scheduled" to be built the week of 4/25. I called the dealer today (4/15) for the VIN# and they say it does not exist yet. WTF!
From what I have read and been emailed, serialization (ie. VIN) takes place before scheduling. If someone has definitive proof that is not the case, please post.

Beyond the issue with my wife's car, I am sure other folks would like to know the real deal about 2005 orders being pushed/cancelled. Bottom line, at what point along the ERL trail can one assume the car is guaranteed to be built/delivered? :scratch:

Any concrete insight is appreciated. Guesses, while good natured, are not desired. Thank you!

EK