2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

So I asked the salesman about priority # today

Search this Thread

Old 1/6/05, 02:26 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I asked him if I could get mine changed from 40 to something like 20 or 10. He said that usually if they get an order for a fleet or contract or gvt. vehicle that they order they usually give it a 99 so they will get it faster :bang: I told him I thought it was the other way, (the lower the better) He said he would check. Anyway I just had to vent a little....probably be venting a lot bye the time it gets here
Old 1/6/05, 02:29 PM
V6 Member

So he is saying that the higher the priority # the quicker you will get it.
Old 1/6/05, 02:36 PM
GT Member

Yes that's what he said, but that's wrong. Right?
Old 1/6/05, 02:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Right, wrong.
Old 1/6/05, 02:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Sorry, couldn't resist. You are correct, the lower the number the better the priority. Give him a day to get it handled, if not talk to a manager.
Old 1/6/05, 03:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

So much for Salesman (except Paul) and a few others of course. I called to talk to my Salesman yesterday and " he is no longer with us." asked for the Sales manager "he is no longer with us." I also asked for another guy I had spoken with "he is no longer with us." What a shock, sort of, Maybe they got what they had coming? Although when I was there about 3 weeks ago and I was talking to them, the owner was sitting right there and couldn't get off his fat A to help. I hate to see people lose their jobs but maybe they had it coming.
Michael
Old 1/6/05, 03:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by manystangs@January 6, 2005, 5:56 PM
So much for Salesman (except Paul) and a few others of course. I called to talk to my Salesman yesterday and " he is no longer with us." asked for the Sales manager "he is no longer with us." I also asked for another guy I had spoken with "he is no longer with us." What a shock, sort of, Maybe they got what they had coming? Although when I was there about 3 weeks ago and I was talking to them, the owner was sitting right there and couldn't get off his fat A to help. I hate to see people lose their jobs but maybe they had it coming.
Michael
I hope it wasnt me, I just moved to another dealership(I took December off)
Old 1/6/05, 03:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Not you Kev. you are one of the exclusions along with Paul.
Michael
Old 1/6/05, 03:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

I just think your salesman has it backwards. They do not have anything to do with the order, nor should they be expected to know the process inside out. I'm sure there is some aspect of opperations at each and everyone here's employer that they do not know inside out. Just let him check with his manager, or do it with him. Cripes, relax already. Salespeople have to worry about hundreds of cars each year, customers only worry about one exact car. Why the heck is your order on priority 40 to start with???
Old 1/6/05, 04:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by manystangs@January 6, 2005, 6:02 PM
Not you Kev. you are one of the exclusions along with Paul.
Michael
I havent been here in FOREVER. I was on a car break while I had the chance.
Old 1/6/05, 04:08 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ford Manager says that the priority number is assigned by Ford when the Dealership makes the order. It is based on allocation. Ford will only ship so many GT's, etc (model types) to each dealer. They have to spread the wealth so to speak. The bigger the dealership the better your odds of getting a low (Lowest is 10) priority number as they go through more cars and are allocated more. I believe they are allocated 7 at a time (not to sure to this...) but dont sweat being a 40.
A dealership can not change it. Someone could order one next week and they may have a 10 and you get yours sooner.
Old 1/6/05, 04:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

I was wondering what happened to The Cookie Monster? Glad to have ya back. And I would not suggest that salesman know everything however if it was my job or occupation I would make sure I knew WTF was going on.
Michael
Old 1/6/05, 04:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by darth-bob@January 6, 2005, 6:11 PM

A dealership can not change it. Someone could order one next week and they may have a 10 and you get yours sooner.
Well, I hate to throw a wrench into what you just said, but the dealer can change it.
I intentionally had my dealer order my car back in October with a priority 99 so it would not get scheduled. I called him last week to change the priority status to a 10, which he did.
Old 1/6/05, 04:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

They assign 10 through 99 at the Dealership.
Old 1/6/05, 04:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Cookie in da house!...... Funny enough, I moved to another dealer and half of the staff is from the original group I worked with when the dealer I was at opened. I decided no car talk for Christmas, all the non-available stangs were giving me a headache.
Old 1/6/05, 04:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by manystangs@January 6, 2005, 6:17 PM
They assign 10 through 99 at the Dealership.
yup. Its so confusing though, most salespeople never know what goes on. I am begining to think I am the dumb one for knowing more then I need to sometimes. Im a salesman, not a training coordinator/inventory manager/mustang guy every other salesperson bugs me to death about, ect..... :bang:
Old 1/6/05, 04:21 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by kevinb120@January 6, 2005, 5:02 PM
I just think your salesman has it backwards. They do not have anything to do with the order, nor should they be expected to know the process inside out. I'm sure there is some aspect of opperations at each and everyone here's employer that they do not know inside out. Just let him check with his manager, or do it with him. Cripes, relax already. Salespeople have to worry about hundreds of cars each year, customers only worry about one exact car. Why the heck is your order on priority 40 to start with???
I have no idea why it was a 40. So that's whi I asked him today. I hope they will change it, but if not I guess it'l be ok. I'm not trying to knock salesmen & I'm trying to be nice about it. I just want them to try & do the right thing too.
Old 1/6/05, 04:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by darth-bob@January 6, 2005, 5:11 PM
My Ford Manager says that the priority number is assigned by Ford when the Dealership makes the order. It is based on allocation. Ford will only ship so many GT's, etc (model types) to each dealer. They have to spread the wealth so to speak. The bigger the dealership the better your odds of getting a low (Lowest is 10) priority number as they go through more cars and are allocated more. I believe they are allocated 7 at a time (not to sure to this...) but dont sweat being a 40.
I don't mean to be a pain (seems to just come naturally) but your sales manager is full of it. We could put every order in at a priority 10 but all that would do is give us no control over who was first in line.
Old 1/6/05, 06:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Karpro+January 6, 2005, 6:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Karpro @ January 6, 2005, 6:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-darth-bob@January 6, 2005, 5:11 PM
I don't mean to be a pain (seems to just come naturally) but your sales manager is full of it. We could put every order in at a priority 10 but all that would do is give us no control over who was first in line. [/b][/quote]
We do the same thing with any retail order for a customer, if we run out of an alottment, then we wait till the next alottment, we have no choice anyway. It inherrently is first come first serve.
Old 1/6/05, 06:14 PM
GTR Member

I would go to a Fuccillo dealer if u have one around there.

Quick Reply: So I asked the salesman about priority # today