2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

So I am in a major bind....

Search this Thread

Old 9/15/06, 03:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I am in a major bind....

I have the Blingz Ghost GT wheels in the magnesium finish on my car. Just a few weeks ago I managed to damage one of them, the front drivers side one to be exact, and I need a replacement. However, Blingz has shut their doors, and I cannot locate any place that has them in stock, let alone a place that would sell just 1 wheel. One place I called referred me to a guy who referred me to Ronaele Mustang who has them in stock, but won't sell one wheel by itself. SO, does anyone know of a place or a person that might have one? I really can't afford to buy a new set of wheels, but right now my options are looking slim. Any thoughts or ideas?
Old 9/15/06, 06:46 PM

Try this place... http://superbuytires.com/Blingz/Ghost%20GT%20M/
I am not sure if they have it, but it is worth a try.
Old 9/15/06, 07:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yeah, I tried there

I spoke to a guy there who was a good friend with the guy who ran Blingz. He told me that he had worked with him at American Racing for awhile before he opened up Blingz, which he then closed after only a year and a half. The guy on the phone said he then went back to AR maybe because he did not enjoy running his own business

Then I called Cervinis, they referred me to a guy in Florida who referred me to Ronaele Mustang. The man on the phone there said they bought all the remaining stock of GTs from Blingz, then proceeded to tell me he could not sell me 1 wheel, but could only sell me 4 That, however, is something I figured I would run into; someone who had them but would not break a set.

So now I am considering putting my 3 wheels on eBay individually and seeing if anyone buys them....for display or seating or whatever...dammit.
Old 9/15/06, 08:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Mydnyghte, another option you could look into, rim repair!!, My daughter had a damaged wheel on her car, she hit a curb too close. She looked all over and couldnt find a used one,, new ones were way to expensive, she found a shop that repairs wheels.They buffed it out and , strightned and rebalanced. You might find some one that could repair it for a resonable price. I mean your only talking some weld repair, rebalance, paint, buff whatever, it's not rocket science.
Old 9/15/06, 08:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by runfox
I mean your only talking some weld repair, rebalance, paint, buff whatever, it's not rocket science.
I dunno man..
Attached Thumbnails So I am in a major bind....-capture_00019.jpg  
Old 9/15/06, 08:51 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Mydnyghte
I dunno man..
yea i dont think that one is going to buff right out........

that sux......
Old 9/16/06, 10:35 AM
Cobra Member

Have you talked with your insurance? They may spring for a completely new set or something else if, you have your receipt.
Old 9/16/06, 10:47 AM
GT Member

Have you looked at Raceline's version?
Old 9/16/06, 08:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

The insurance thing is something I have not considered.... And I have looked at Racelines wheel, the difference there is the lip is polished as where mine are not. So buying 1 of those is out.
Old 9/17/06, 02:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

try discount tire, you never know one of there stores might have one or 2 in stock that someone ordered and never picked up. im sure they can search all the stores with there computer
Old 9/17/06, 08:37 AM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mydnyghte
I dunno man..
Thus is the reason I will NEVER...EVER get low profile tires.
Old 9/17/06, 01:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by KdF
Thus is the reason I will NEVER...EVER get low profile tires.
Oh no, don't let this be a testament towards the cons of low profile tires. If I'd had the stock 17" wheels this still would have happened.

Let me elaborate; I was making a right hand turn, did not even think to look left and pulled right out in front a guy hauling a lawn mower trailer. The trailers fender drug down the entire side of my car and the edge of it caught the lip of the wheel and tore a chunk right out. When the fender hit the wheel, it lifted the trailer and brought the fender right into the side of my fender and sliced it like cheese.
Old 9/17/06, 06:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

im asumeing your going to file a claim with the insurance to fix the rest of the car and since its your insurance then you might be able to get them to replace the set of wheels
Old 9/17/06, 07:31 PM
Cobra Member

Well then, why are you not filing a claim?
Old 9/17/06, 08:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

I did not turn this one in on my insurance because this is my second wreck and they'd probably drop me. That and I do not want my insurance going up any higher than it is.
Old 9/18/06, 03:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

i know how that feels lol ill ask aorund and see if i can dig up one for you
Old 9/18/06, 08:20 AM
Team Mustang Source

Old 9/18/06, 12:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear about your delema. I saw those wheels in person, and really liked them, but there were two problems. 1st, is that they only came in 20" (I want the same as my car, 18"), and 2, up until a week ago, I didn't know that they were disconntinued. My guess, would be to either look on ebay. You never know if someone is selling a set, or one wheel, or just bite the bullit and file a claim. If they drop you, you could always get another insurance company. Hope you find a solution.
Old 9/18/06, 01:15 PM
ARF
Bullitt Member

FIX IT...
Im in sunny mexico... 2 months ago... 1 friend was driving my ex-wife car (wich i took from her... b*tch)... and he just smashed the rim into a big hole... the tire was ok... but the rim was EXACTLY or WORSE than yours... (the car is a 206cc Peugeot, and the rim is a momo)... and let me tell u tought i was going 2 buy a new rim also... but my friend took the car 2 his house and he sended the rim somewhere and 3 days latter it was like new... i cant tell where it broke... and u cant feel it either...

Hope I can help... Best wishes...

ALEX
Old 9/19/06, 04:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

i didnt even think about that lip being billet aluminum. you might be able to find someone in your area to fix it if not i know i have someone here in houston that can do it. they might just end up re-hooping it

Quick Reply: So I am in a major bind....