2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Snug as a bug in a rug...

Search this Thread

Old 1/13/10, 03:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Now me!

Here's mine in Hamburg, Germany last week... Just picked it up from the port so now the roadtrip is complete... After seeing 3 coasts (US West, US East and Europe) it finally arrived home...

Don't think she likes the drastic change in climate from Long Beach, CA though...

I know, wrong forum, but I USED to have an '05... Does that count?
Old 1/14/10, 05:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
i guess we will let it slide this time!!

in the pict showing the rear of the car, is that the fiesta in the background? the white one?
looks like it is, just curious.
enjoy the snow!
Old 1/14/10, 05:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SINBUSTER007
i guess we will let it slide this time!!

in the pict showing the rear of the car, is that the fiesta in the background? the white one?
looks like it is, just curious.
Looks like a Euro-Spec Focus station wagon to me...

enjoy the snow!
Thanks, but not until the Stang is stowed away for the winter...
Old 1/14/10, 10:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
and no pun intended with the "let it slide" part seeing the mustang is not the greatest in the snow...
my bad
Old 1/14/10, 12:27 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nah, that's a C-Max (great name, there, Euro Ford).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_C-Max
Old 1/15/10, 04:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jadedpony
I want to play too.

Here is my new 2009 being tucked away for winter. Finally the '99 becomes the winter beater :P
Dave,

I'm rolling the same way. '08 GT in the summer and my '99 V6 in the winter. Heck, I can just leave the snow tires on the '99 all year now.
Old 1/16/10, 02:06 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by CO_VaporGT_09
Nah, that's a C-Max (great name, there, Euro Ford).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_C-Max

Nope......it was right first time. It's a Focus Estate. Very similar to the C-Max, but a little lower.

Sorry, back on topic now
Old 1/18/10, 08:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Backed ours out again this past weekend and let the engine warm up and recharge the battery. Winter stinks!
Attached Images  
Old 1/18/10, 02:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by UMich97
Dave,

I'm rolling the same way. '08 GT in the summer and my '99 V6 in the winter. Heck, I can just leave the snow tires on the '99 all year now.
Haha, I've thought about doing the same thing but I want my fiancée to practice more on the '99 before she steps up to the '09 so, the all seasons will probably go back on

What was your name again? I seem to remember asking this before but I can't look up our old posts due to that site crash (I'm guessing Matt but probably way off...)
Old 1/18/10, 04:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Haha, I've thought about doing the same thing but I want my fiancée to practice more on the '99 before she steps up to the '09 so, the all seasons will probably go back on

What was your name again? I seem to remember asking this before but I can't look up our old posts due to that site crash (I'm guessing Matt but probably way off...)
It's Steve. Got ya, regarding the tires. I left the snow tires on partly because the two sets of tires I had for my '99 were winter and performance/summer. I moved up to Michigan from Texas and I could run the performance tires all year there. Plus, the performance tires are just about toast after about 3yrs worth of driving. ...and, my wife isn't interested in learning how to drive the manual trans, so I'm the sole driver of my two Stangs.
Old 1/19/10, 10:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by UMich97
It's Steve. Got ya, regarding the tires. I left the snow tires on partly because the two sets of tires I had for my '99 were winter and performance/summer. I moved up to Michigan from Texas and I could run the performance tires all year there. Plus, the performance tires are just about toast after about 3yrs worth of driving. ...and, my wife isn't interested in learning how to drive the manual trans, so I'm the sole driver of my two Stangs.
lol, I was way off. That's too bad that she won't drive it but I guess it could also be a good thing Yeah, no reason to buy all seasons when you won't be driving it much other then when/if the '08 is out of commission.

I just replaced rotors and pads and now there's a nice clunking sound coming from the front drivers side the we think is a ball joint or sway bar link and since it's lowered an alignment will not be to spec so I'm looking at possibly having to buy c/c plates and replace the bad suspension parts. Not what I want to be doing to the winter car while saving for the wedding this July
Old 1/19/10, 11:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
lol, I was way off. That's too bad that she won't drive it but I guess it could also be a good thing Yeah, no reason to buy all seasons when you won't be driving it much other then when/if the '08 is out of commission.

I just replaced rotors and pads and now there's a nice clunking sound coming from the front drivers side the we think is a ball joint or sway bar link and since it's lowered an alignment will not be to spec so I'm looking at possibly having to buy c/c plates and replace the bad suspension parts. Not what I want to be doing to the winter car while saving for the wedding this July

Enjoy the car, skip the wedding!
Besides, statistics show cars last longer than marriages!
Old 1/19/10, 01:26 PM
Bullitt Member

One more pic that is just depressing to me!
Attached Thumbnails Snug as a bug in a rug...-winter-stang.jpg  
Old 1/20/10, 07:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

I hear you there. I just got married last September and then took our Honeymoon shortly after, which took it's toll on our bank accounts. ....and we had a small wedding.

I've had to make a few minor repairs on the '99 along the way, like battery cables, clutch, etc. However, all in all, it's been a really great car and incredibly cost effective considering I bought it 10+ years ago and have over 155K miles on it. I'm hoping it can continue to be my winter car for another 5-10 years. If it makes it another 4 years, I'll be back to having no car payment.