Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slotted/cross Drilled Rotors??

Search this Thread

Old 2/4/07, 10:06 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slotted/cross Drilled Rotors??

This will be a future mod for my 07 GT. What I am wondering is,, should I just replace the rotors with new,, or do I need to replace the calipers and brake lines also?

What is a good priced, yet good quality brake replacement system for the 07? and How much is a good price?

and finally am I thinking that changing the brake system over stock is a valid up grade to the car?
Old 2/4/07, 10:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

your best bet if you dont want a big brake kit which can be extremely expensive is get a pair of the R1Concepts Slotted/Drilled rotors and a set of the Hawk HPS Pads. Upgrade the brake linee rubber hosae with a stainless steel hose and your all set. should run aprox 550 for it all. also upgrade the brake fluid to dot4 or so

www.r1concepts.com
Old 2/4/07, 10:28 AM
GT Member

The brakes seem to be one of the Mustang's weak points, so it's more than a valid upgrade. I imagine rotors, calipers and lines would start at ~1G and go up from there... I'm sure someone will provide a link or two.
Old 2/4/07, 10:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

i did 1 post above haha
Old 2/4/07, 10:44 AM
Bullitt Member

I would skip on the rotors, everyone i talked to said they didnt feel any difference and the biggest change was from the pads. Unless you just want them for looks go for it. I would rather put together a cooling kit to help resist the fade.
Old 2/4/07, 10:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

if you want a cooling kit get the agent 47 one, though its kinda expensive. the rotors are mostly for the bling factor but they do help a bit. the pads and the stainless lines along with the brake fluid are the best bang for the buck
Old 2/4/07, 01:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 94tbird
if you want a cooling kit get the agent 47 one, though its kinda expensive. the rotors are mostly for the bling factor but they do help a bit. the pads and the stainless lines along with the brake fluid are the best bang for the buck
Do you remember the guys name at r1Concepts that you dealt with? He posted over a MF a couple of times. I PMd him from there, but haven't heard anything back.
Old 2/4/07, 01:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

honestly no i dealt with them through ebay. then i found the website after. i would call or email them from the contact info on the site

Phone Skype Tel: 714-777-2323 r1concepts Fax: 714-777-0323 Mailing Address Instant Messenger R1 Concepts Inc. AIM: r1concepts 5540 E. La Palma Ave. YAHOO: r1concepts Anaheim, CA 92807 ICQ r1concepts MSN sales@r1concepts.com Email sales@r1concepts.com
Old 2/4/07, 01:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

honestly no i dealt with them through ebay. then i found the website after. i would call or email them from the contact info on the site

Phone Skype Tel: 714-777-2323 r1concepts Fax: 714-777-0323 Mailing Address Instant Messenger R1 Concepts Inc. AIM: r1concepts 5540 E. La Palma Ave. YAHOO: r1concepts Anaheim, CA 92807 ICQ r1concepts MSN sales@r1concepts.com Email sales@r1concepts.com

I will,thanks. Funny thing though, they don't have our application listed anymore, on their site nor ebay. I was ready to pull the trigger on these too.

***Edit: Just found them buried in their ebay store. But they're not on their site. I sent them an email.
Old 2/4/07, 01:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

i think they are jsut out of stock they only list what they got in stock. kindaweird but i noticed that myself. they were there last week
Old 2/4/07, 03:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm running HP+ pads on stock rotors and the car stops much better than stock....

once the rotors are worn out I'll be pony'n up for a set of slotted rotors that fit stock calipers and stainless lines...

a big brake kit is just too much after thinking about it.
Old 2/4/07, 06:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
your best bet if you dont want a big brake kit which can be extremely expensive is get a pair of the R1Concepts Slotted/Drilled rotors and a set of the Hawk HPS Pads. Upgrade the brake linee rubber hosae with a stainless steel hose and your all set. should run aprox 550 for it all. also upgrade the brake fluid to dot4 or so

www.r1concepts.com
What he said!
Old 2/4/07, 08:46 PM
Bullitt Member

what are the benefits of hp+ over hps? and what about their ceramic pads?
Old 2/4/07, 09:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

HP+ are more corrosive than the HPS. i wouldnt run them on a street car. not to mention they are prone to much more noise and squeal.

HP Plus – Autocross & Track Compound
The HP Plus Ferro-Carbon material can take the heat at the track and get you home safely without having to change your brake pads. This compound was designed for autocross, Solo II, and Track Day applications.
Warning! Due to the dramatic friction levels produced by this product to achieve race level braking; rotor wear, noise, dust and pad life may be affected.

HPS (High Performance Street) – Performance Street Compound
When it comes to performance braking, there is no competition. This unique Ferro-Carbon compound combines the safety and quality of Aerospace design partnered with the braking technology of motorsports. Much improved braking over OE and standard replacement brake pads. Recommended for import & domestic automobiles.

Performance Ceramic – Luxury and Touring Compound
Specially formulated ceramic composite developed to meet the ultra-low dust, low noise performance of OE ceramic brake pads. Performance Ceramic pads also feature a fade resistant, linear friction profile that produces improved braking over OE with smooth engagement characteristics. Performance Ceramic – quiet, clean & fast-stopping. Recommended for import & domestic automobiles, luxury SUV’s, sport trucks & vans.
Old 2/4/07, 09:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I'm partial to RotorPros. I got my set of four for $270 shipped.
http://www.rotorpros.com/

Old 2/4/07, 09:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

the R1Concepts are 279 shipped i believe
Old 2/4/07, 10:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

HP+ are more corrosive than the HPS. i wouldnt run them on a street car. not to mention they are prone to much more noise and squeal.

HP Plus – Autocross & Track Compound
The HP Plus Ferro-Carbon material can take the heat at the track and get you home safely without having to change your brake pads. This compound was designed for autocross, Solo II, and Track Day applications.
Warning! Due to the dramatic friction levels produced by this product to achieve race level braking; rotor wear, noise, dust and pad life may be affected.

HPS (High Performance Street) – Performance Street Compound
When it comes to performance braking, there is no competition. This unique Ferro-Carbon compound combines the safety and quality of Aerospace design partnered with the braking technology of motorsports. Much improved braking over OE and standard replacement brake pads. Recommended for import & domestic automobiles.

Performance Ceramic – Luxury and Touring Compound
Specially formulated ceramic composite developed to meet the ultra-low dust, low noise performance of OE ceramic brake pads. Performance Ceramic pads also feature a fade resistant, linear friction profile that produces improved braking over OE with smooth engagement characteristics. Performance Ceramic – quiet, clean & fast-stopping. Recommended for import & domestic automobiles, luxury SUV’s, sport trucks & vans.

Just so you know why i went with the HP+, it's because i trackmy car and love the stopping ability these pads give.

I can attest to the noise factor and extreme amounts of dust created by the HP+ pads.

I find the need to wash my car/rims at least twice a week.

The rims are really dirty after 3-4 days of driving to work and back.

The brake dust does wash off pretty easily. I spray the rim down with mequires rim cleaner and wait a few seconds then wash the rim with a sponge... then hose it down.

I might next time, go with a ceramic disc to see how they perform just to avoid having to wash the car so much.
Old 2/4/07, 10:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Since they're all for bling anyway, I like the looks of the R1Concept better. I almost got the Rotorpros...But that's a different novel we won't get into now.
Old 9/21/07, 05:38 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by scramblr
Since they're all for bling anyway, I like the looks of the R1Concept better. I almost got the Rotorpros...But that's a different novel we won't get into now.
Hey Alex!

I found this picture in your gallery:

I'm surprised to see rust on the R1 rotors, I thought they were painted not only on the hubs, but also on the inner valves. Are these the "Premium" or the "E Line" rotors from R1?

I'm asking because I ordered these: http://store.r1concepts.com/Items/combo%20premium%20005?
Old 9/21/07, 07:42 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd go with RotorPros as well. A forum member here Mike (bpmurr) had R1 Concepts Rotors and he had major issues with them. If you want to read about them, go onto Modularfords.com and hit the search button. I think he finally went with RotorPros and he said they are wonderful. Also another friend from here Fryguy has RotorPros as well and he loves them. Rich is a stand up guy at that company.

Quick Reply: Slotted/cross Drilled Rotors??