2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Sketchy pricing at American Muscle

Search this Thread

Old 9/29/14, 05:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Question Sketchy pricing at American Muscle

I'm wondering if what just happened to me is common at American Muscle. I received an email telling me that there is a clearance sale going on at AM and it ends on 9/30. I was interested on getting the Raxiom Coyote tail lights for my 06 Vert. I received the email on Thursday and I was going away for the weekend so I didn't feel there was urgency to place the order right away. On Sunday night I placed the item in my cart but didn't have my card handy so I said I'll wait till the morning. When I go to order them on Monday 9/29 the price has changed from 99.99 to 154.99. Spoke with Matt in customer service and he stated that whatever price is on the website is the price of the item. Even when I use the code from the email "AMSUMMER" it only takes off 10%.

Has anyone else encountered this problem with American Muscle?
Old 9/29/14, 09:12 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
I'm sure you'll get plenty of people to come in here just to bash AM...but from a retail standpoint, that ad is fine.

The 10%-off code is what expires on 9/30. They just happened to show some other items that were on sale separately. I'm guessing the sale on the tail lights ended after the weekend was over.

When you see a good sale anywhere, it's always best to jump on it sooner rather than later.
Old 9/29/14, 09:37 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Maybe the check out cart knew you wanted them! Lol
Old 9/29/14, 09:45 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Getportfolio
I sometimes wonder if there's some fancy code doing just that.

Over Labor Day Sportsmans Warehouse had a sale that if you spend like $250 you'd get $50 off. Their site was so slow it took me hours to scroll through the scopes, and had to go to several sites to finally see which scope had which reticle since their information was so incomplete. So I spread the chore out over the weekend and had till Monday night. The best way to keep track of the scopes I was looking at was load the cart up.
Did I mention how slow their sit was?? I though I was on dial-up.
So... I finally make my decision, delete the other scopes I didn't want, hit the buy button, and... suddenly "out of stock" on that scope.
Its an online site. What the hell is "out of stock"??? No backorder, no rain check, no nothing. Wasted all those hours.

I think they didn't want to give the discount on that scope and so... **** sportsmans whorehouse for good! I almost wrote the CEO but there's too many other choices so no more money for them.

Last edited by cdynaco; 9/29/14 at 09:49 PM.
Old 9/30/14, 06:46 AM
Former Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Gigantor
I'm wondering if what just happened to me is common at American Muscle. I received an email telling me that there is a clearance sale going on at AM and it ends on 9/30. I was interested on getting the Raxiom Coyote tail lights for my 06 Vert. I received the email on Thursday and I was going away for the weekend so I didn't feel there was urgency to place the order right away. On Sunday night I placed the item in my cart but didn't have my card handy so I said I'll wait till the morning. When I go to order them on Monday 9/29 the price has changed from 99.99 to 154.99. Spoke with Matt in customer service and he stated that whatever price is on the website is the price of the item. Even when I use the code from the email "AMSUMMER" it only takes off 10%.

Has anyone else encountered this problem with American Muscle?
Hey-Sorry to hear about that but shoot me a PM with your order number and I'll make this right for you!

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
I'm sure you'll get plenty of people to come in here just to bash AM...but from a retail standpoint, that ad is fine.

The 10%-off code is what expires on 9/30. They just happened to show some other items that were on sale separately. I'm guessing the sale on the tail lights ended after the weekend was over.

When you see a good sale anywhere, it's always best to jump on it sooner rather than later.
Genius-Thanks for your .02 here! Either way we're going to get the OP set up! I'm not splittin' hairs about this!

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
..It's just like Skynet
Old 9/30/14, 07:14 AM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus

Hey-Sorry to hear about that but shoot me a PM with your order number and I'll make this right for you!
Old 9/30/14, 07:34 AM
Tms Mustang Member ------ The Customizer!

Received 130 Likes on 93 Posts
Funny thing is I asked for that free catalog twice.
They said they sent it, twice.
Never got one. So I gave up on AM.
Not saying AM is bad but I just dont bother anymore seeing as I dont have any extra $$ to buy items lol.

Last edited by VGMStudios; 9/30/14 at 07:35 AM.
Old 9/30/14, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No problems for me when buying parts from AM for my 08 Bullitt. Great prices and super fast free shipping!
Old 9/30/14, 08:32 AM

I'm happy with american muscle. Just wish shipping to canada was free too lol.
Old 9/30/14, 11:43 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by VGMStudios
Funny thing is I asked for that free catalog twice.
They said they sent it, twice.
Never got one. So I gave up on AM.
Not saying AM is bad but I just dont bother anymore seeing as I dont have any extra $$ to buy items lol.
Hey-Sorry to hear about that! I'm more than happy to personally eat the shipping cost of the catalog and sneak one across the boarder for you! Shoot me a PM with your email so I can verify you're still at the same address and I'll get a fresh one dropped at our warehouse for you!

Originally Posted by MikeMo5390
No problems for me when buying parts from AM for my 08 Bullitt. Great prices and super fast free shipping!

Hey Mike-Thanks for sharing your feedback, I'm happy to hear it! If there's ever anything I can help out with let me know!

Originally Posted by foosef150
I'm happy with american muscle. Just wish shipping to canada was free too lol.
Believe me if we could do it we would! Our shipping cost does include tax, duty, as well as brokerage so once your parts are delivered there's zero hidden costs!

Alex
Old 9/30/14, 12:12 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
blame Canada
Old 9/30/14, 03:08 PM

The no hidden costs thing is very nice. That's one of the reasons I buy my parts at AM
Old 9/30/14, 04:01 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by foosef150
The no hidden costs thing is very nice. That's one of the reasons I buy my parts at AM
I think it's one of the best aspects about our shipping to Canada!

If anyone has any questions, let me know, I'm here to bend over backwards to make sure you're happy!

Alex
Old 9/30/14, 04:38 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 67 Likes on 32 Posts

If anyone has any questions, let me know, I'm here to bend over backwards to make sure you're happy!

Alex
how about suggesting they have a 'made in USA' sale like Menards...love those sales!
Old 9/30/14, 05:37 PM
V6 Member

Alex

Hey Alex,
Maybe you can help me. I changed my e-mail address on my account at AM. Now all my previous purchases are gone. Then the site thinks I’m a new customer. When I change it back to the old e-mail address the purchases reappear, but all my new purchases are removed. What’s up with that? I would like all my purchases in one account.
PM me if you need more information.
Thanks
Doug

Last edited by Autonut; 9/30/14 at 05:49 PM.
Old 9/30/14, 05:54 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
I have had great experiences with AM. Big sale prices usually don't last more than a couple days, you have to jump on it, quickly. Can large companies offering thousands of products have a slow retail website or perhaps incorrect prices? Yes, but that's where their Customer Service steps in. If it is to your satisfaction, make the purchase. If not, shop elsewhere. The power is in the hands of the consumer. AM has treated me excellent, I will continue to shop with them. I'm sure Alex will take good care of you. Good luck!
Old 9/30/14, 06:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
First off I would like to thank everyone at American Muscle for making it right. I spoke with someone at American Muscle and they honored the sale price for me. Since I've been a loyal customer of American Muscle from the time I bought my 06 Vert this pleases me very much and I will continue to buy from them.

The only thing I would like to suggest is that in the email they should state when the sale price is going to end. I didn't know by reading the email that the sale code was the only thing that was going to last until the 30th. I did get the Coyote lights for 99.99 but not the extra 10 percent off which is fine. I'm willing to compromise and I did get the lights at a great price.

Thanks again American Muscle.
Old 10/1/14, 08:27 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ford4v429
how about suggesting they have a 'made in USA' sale like Menards...love those sales!
Ford4v429-That's a good recommendation and I'm more than happy to have your feedback sent over to the appropriate team!

Originally Posted by Autonut

Hey Alex,
Maybe you can help me. I changed my e-mail address on my account at AM. Now all my previous purchases are gone. Then the site thinks I’m a new customer. When I change it back to the old e-mail address the purchases reappear, but all my new purchases are removed. What’s up with that? I would like all my purchases in one account.
PM me if you need more information.
Thanks
Doug

Hey Doug-Good question and that's a quick fix! We simply just need to have your accounts merged to the new email address. Either shoot us a call at 1-866-727-1266 or drop us a line at support[at]americanmuscle[dot]com and we'll get that set up for you!

Alex
Old 10/1/14, 08:29 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by PJRManagement
I have had great experiences with AM. Big sale prices usually don't last more than a couple days, you have to jump on it, quickly. Can large companies offering thousands of products have a slow retail website or perhaps incorrect prices? Yes, but that's where their Customer Service steps in. If it is to your satisfaction, make the purchase. If not, shop elsewhere. The power is in the hands of the consumer. AM has treated me excellent, I will continue to shop with them. I'm sure Alex will take good care of you. Good luck!
Hey PJR-Thanks for throwing this post up it helps! Regardless I'm always here to help step in when I can and If you've seen me around here over the past few months you'll know that I'll do everything in my power to ensure that our customers are beyond happy with our parts and service. I'm a PM away if there's ever anything that I need to hear about!

Alex
Old 10/1/14, 08:32 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Gigantor
First off I would like to thank everyone at American Muscle for making it right. I spoke with someone at American Muscle and they honored the sale price for me. Since I've been a loyal customer of American Muscle from the time I bought my 06 Vert this pleases me very much and I will continue to buy from them.

The only thing I would like to suggest is that in the email they should state when the sale price is going to end. I didn't know by reading the email that the sale code was the only thing that was going to last until the 30th. I did get the Coyote lights for 99.99 but not the extra 10 percent off which is fine. I'm willing to compromise and I did get the lights at a great price.

Thanks again American Muscle.

Gigantor-Thanks for keeping me in the loop on this! I didn't hear from you and was getting worried! Again, if there's ever anything that looks odd to you let me know first so I can look into it for you. I can absolutely make sure your feedback is heard through our Email team. Please don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything I can ever lend a hand with day or night and I hope you enjoy the lights!

Alex

Quick Reply: Sketchy pricing at American Muscle