2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Simple Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 10/9/07, 05:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome aboard "kid." (after all, I'm 53) Color choice was a tough one for me too. I'm on my second Windveil Blue, but love the orange and white and vista blue and refire and . . . . heck, I like them all!
Old 10/9/07, 05:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Don't worry about the calendar . Youth is a state of mind . I bought my first Mustang At age 24 in 1965. My 05 was purchased 40 years later and I love it. Welcome aboard !
Old 10/9/07, 05:59 PM

Welcome! I am a bit partial to Performance White. But thats just me.
Old 10/9/07, 06:00 PM

Thanks ! Kinda nice being called kid instead of Gramps. hehe

Too many choices I'm tellin' ya. Just too many ! They all look great. I have owned roughly 23 motorcycles since I was 12, and it is not this hard to pick one of those. Usually only three color schemes per model each year to pick from, and at least two of them are dog-butt ugly.....LOL

There is not one single color choice in the 08 lineup that I could not be happy with. Well maybe black, but not because it looks bad. Black cars are gorgeous. But I am too lazy to clean it every 5 minutes to keep it that way.
Old 10/9/07, 06:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Alfster
It is pictures like this that make me drool for the Vista Blue. While the Red looks killer once it has the stripes and everything, the blue looks amazing just sitting there naked.
I vote for ordering the blue, with or without stripes, with the exact interior you want
Old 10/9/07, 06:24 PM

The Blue one is already sitting there at the showroom waiting if I decide to go that route. All it is missing is the fake hood scoop, and that can be added anytime. My local dealer also has some of the WebElectric Pony Corral grille inserts in stock as well, for a little added retro styling.

Old 10/10/07, 11:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Alfster
Thanks ! Kinda nice being called kid instead of Gramps. hehe

Too many choices I'm tellin' ya. Just too many ! They all look great.
Welcome aboard Gramps. ;-) J/K, I got 5 years on ya...

As far as the color choice, it is tough. Obviously, you just can't come in here and ask what color to get, because you'll end up more confused than ever with all the opinions you get. I ordered a silver GT back in Dec '04, without ever seeing one in person. Remember back then Mustangs were flying off the lots, averaging something like 15 minutes before being sold, so it was hard to find them and see them. Two weeks after ordering, someone in the building I worked in came in with a new silver Mustang, and I didn't like the color as much as I thought I would when I actually saw it in person. So, I ended up finding a nearby dealer that had six different colors on the lot, and I got to see them in person. That was really the only way I could tell my own color preferences. I called up the salesman and asked him to change the color choice.

Almost 3 years later, sometimes I have second thoughts about the yellow. The good thing is that it stands out. The bad thing is that it stands out... Sometimes I just want to go unnoticed, and that's impossible. On the other hand, I think it's the best color to drive to a car show, as it certainly starts conversation. I'm pretty sure Grabber Orange would be the same, if you are still considering that.
Old 10/10/07, 01:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

This may or may not help with the color selection; I've got two Mustangs, one redfire metallic and one that is screaming yellow - I love both of them but what I've noticed is the non-metallic paints do make the car appear more bold in all light conditions - they have an 'in your face' look even in the shade while the metallic colors have a more 'sneaky agressive' look, kinda like they lurk in and out of the shadows waiting to jump out at you. I saw a Vista GT on the lot when I was at the dealer a while back and it was in the shadow of the building, and as soon as the bright sunlight hit
it - POW! instant insane blue...it is like having two colors in one. My redfire GT does the same thing...also the metallics really show off feature lines and curves in the body really well. But I don't think there is any color you can go wrong with. Metallics tend to have more variations in their appearance than the non-metallics - and if that is what appeals to you then VB is an excellent choice.