2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Sick Of The BS

Search this Thread

Old 5/4/05, 09:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sick of it - my dealer can't tell me if my car is going to be built as a 05 or what, but I would bet that if I ordered it at MSRP - I would have it by now. In 2 years you will see so many GT's on the dealer lots it will be something to laugh at.

I have priorty 10 but how simple is that to change after the VOP is printed - not very hard.

I can't believe that I am thinking of looking at a GTO just to see. :bang: :bang: :bang:

I'm going to order a 06 at x-plan and hold my dealer to the coles on it - whatever it takes!
Old 5/4/05, 09:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
Lemme get this straight. You're upset at not being able to get an Xplan Mustang, so you're gonna go look at the GTO which costs more...

I don't know how much you're "saving" with the xplan when you can't even get the car... Sounds like you need another dealer. Or call Ford directly about it.
Old 5/4/05, 09:27 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm just ranting - I would not buy a GTO - it looks like a Grand Am. I just seems like a lot of people here are now having trouble with x-plan orders. If the dealer does not want to sell it x-plan, then don't agree to it!

I'm just having a hard time buying into the BS that there are no more 05's when the build out is late July. Makes no sence.
Old 5/4/05, 09:55 PM
Cobra Member

I really don't think that the X-plan order is affecting your order. There are many others out there who are paying more and ordered at the same time and very likely won't get built. A lot of it depends on the dealer's allocation. Customer orders are built before dealer stock, and a 10 is used for the customer orders. You might contact your dealer and see if you can get it bumped up from a Priority 10 to a 2 by contacting his Regional Rep. Good luck, and don't buy a GTO. They are nice cars, but I don't think they are going to hold their value as well as a GT Mustang.
Old 5/5/05, 12:49 AM

I got a bunch of bs from my dealer about the xplan.
Old 5/5/05, 08:29 AM
Bullitt Member

I won't buy a GTO - I just want my GT built. I have come to realize that I will prob. not get it until Oct..... and I'll have to be fine with that. I will be in the middle of moving over the summer anyway.

I just wish these dealers would come clean with the facts - they act like they dont know anything. It's sad that we have more information the these dealers.

SHAME ON FORD!!!!
Old 5/5/05, 08:42 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by KBONSIG@May 5, 2005, 8:32 AM
SHAME ON FORD!!!!
YEAH! How dare they build an unbelievable car that lots of people want to buy, which makes it harder to get one! The nerve...

Old 5/5/05, 08:49 AM
Bullitt Member

I took delovery of my GT 5-2-05 and got x-plan. I think it is dealer allocation that is the problem.
Old 5/5/05, 09:04 AM
GT Member

I went to Middletown Ford here in Ohio. They had no problem ordering the car through Xplan for me. Ordered in January and got it in March. Those guys were awesome, I don't have a single complaint. Try a different dealer.
Old 5/5/05, 09:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

The blood is in the water, the dealers in a frenzy to see who can get the most money out of the 05's that are left...total ownage ROFL... FORD DEALERS !..LMAO
Old 5/5/05, 09:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
Originally posted by redstang@May 5, 2005, 8:52 AM
I took delovery of my GT 5-2-05 and got x-plan. I think it is dealer allocation that is the problem.
Absolutely not. The problem is the dealer not wanting to sell at Xplan.

They know what they get in allocation. They'd rather string an Xplanner along hoping they'll pay up later, or just ignore until the whole rarity situation dies down. That's my bet, anyway.

IF you get a big enough dealer (why people would want to stay with a small dealer for Xplan is beyond me. Go where you can GET IT. And being on this board, there ought to be a list by now.) then they can do the Xplan, because they have enough cars to do it.

But again, it's a DEALER by DEALER issue. The very thought of a low allocation dealer giving Xplan is almost (but not totally) ludicrous. I know it's happened, but it's gotta be rare, yeah?

Sorry. The whole Xplan/allocation thing is starting to bug me. Logic is easy, if done correctly:

Xplan? Low profit.
Mustang GT? Low allocation.
Other guy not on Xplan? Will pay $5k over.
Therefore, Mustang GT on Xplan=low priority
Simple.

You really should try another dealer. Even if it's out of town, or even if it's out ot state, it'd be worth a $99 RT on Southwest with a throw away on the return flight to go save your money. Remember, it's a car from Ford, no matter where you get it. What, you trying to feel good about buying from the guy who can't get you your car? Get over that, and get your car already.

Do I sound mean or something? Sigh. Sorry. The whole "Xplan car, isn't coming!" deal is starting to bug me.

I only open these things to see what BS we're talking about, only to find its another Xplan shafting. After a few of these, my opinion now is: Good. You people with your huge discounts can wait while I with my extra money get my car. So there. :P

And I mean that in SO nice a way.
Old 5/5/05, 10:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by KBONSIG@May 4, 2005, 10:16 PM
I'm sick of it - my dealer can't tell me if my car is going to be built as a 05 or what, but I would bet that if I ordered it at MSRP - I would have it by now. In 2 years you will see so many GT's on the dealer lots it will be something to laugh at.

I have priorty 10 but how simple is that to change after the VOP is printed - not very hard.

I can't believe that I am thinking of looking at a GTO just to see. :bang: :bang: :bang:

I'm going to order a 06 at x-plan and hold my dealer to the coles on it - whatever it takes!

How much you pay for the car has nothing to do with how long it takes to get built. At least not at my dealer.
Old 5/5/05, 10:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by KBONSIG@May 5, 2005, 9:32 AM
I won't buy a GTO - I just want my GT built. I have come to realize that I will prob. not get it until Oct..... and I'll have to be fine with that. I will be in the middle of moving over the summer anyway.

I just wish these dealers would come clean with the facts - they act like they dont know anything. It's sad that we have more information the these dealers.

SHAME ON FORD!!!!

There is a difference between Ford and the dealers. The dealers want to get these cars out as bad as we do since they don't get paid until they physically get the car in and out of their lot. So why are people blaming the dealers?
Old 5/5/05, 10:10 AM
GT Member

Plans have nothing to do with it. It is all Dealer allocation and where your dealer places you on the allocation queue. I got A/Z plan (which is lower in price than X plan) and I got my car built. If your dealer allocates you, you're fine. If he doesn't and jacks you around, that's why.
Old 5/5/05, 10:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by futurestang@May 5, 2005, 10:13 AM
Plans have nothing to do with it. It is all Dealer allocation and where your dealer places you on the allocation queue. I got A/Z plan (which is lower in price than X plan) and I got my car built. If your dealer allocates you, you're fine. If he doesn't and jacks you around, that's why.
Exactly, its all about the allocation and priority. You can have the highest priority, but unless the dealer has allocation to get your order pulled, you're out of luck. On the other hand, you could have a low priority at your dealer, but they may have a huge allocation, and you get pulled.

And houtex, take it easy man, let him rant. This process is very frustrating and if somebody wants to use this place to complain, let them.

I actually agree with the original poster, I grew very tired of my dealer acting like they didn't know their allocation. That's BS, they knew it, they just want to string you along to make sure you don't go elsewhere. If a dealer is going to accept X-plan they should treat you just like someone ordering at MSRP. If they don't want to take the lower profit of X-plan, don't accept the order in the first place and jerk people around.
Old 5/5/05, 10:31 AM
Bullitt Member

WOW- That's some feedback!
Those of you who think x-planers SHOULD have to wait longer then a MSRP order are wrong. If you have access to save money, why would you pass it up? My guess is that your company is not a vendor for Ford and you have no access to anyone who does.

If my 05 does NOT get built b/c of x-plan, I won't be happy. I would rather of made a deal to pay MSRP to get the car on time rather then get the run around.

I have all my info and I will not give up on my 05 order (although my rep is trying to make me). I told the sales manager I will be ordering another car (06) with a new deposit to sure that up.

As for SHAME on FORD- hey, a company like Acura would work 24-7 to get a car like this out - where is the overtime Ford? It's a shame b/c many people are going to get something else after waiting 6 months.

Think about the poor smuck that has a car on order, but no idea what's going on out there. Only to find out in a few weeks their car won't be build as a 05 - at least we can see it coming!
Old 5/5/05, 11:45 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by kirby@May 5, 2005, 11:07 AM
I went to Middletown Ford here in Ohio. They had no problem ordering the car through Xplan for me. Ordered in January and got it in March. Those guys were awesome, I don't have a single complaint. Try a different dealer.
kirby....what color is yours? I may have seen you on the street.

When I ordered mine, I talked to Middletown, Kerry and Fairfield. All were willing to X plan in Feb. I doubt they'll do that now, though.

I liked the Middletown guys. Fairfield was just closer to me.

BTW....I went in to Fairfield this a.m. to get an oil change. They had a black/black GT w/IUP vert. They had an addendum sticker for $2K over MSRP.
Old 5/5/05, 12:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
I've been told that my x-plan order from 2/16/05 might not be built in the 05 model year. If I decide to order an 06 when we can I would like to order it from a dealer with a large allocation. Is there a data base or any way of finding out the allocation numbers for the dealers in a certain area?

Thanks ---anybody??? :worship:
Old 5/5/05, 04:35 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by KBONSIG@May 5, 2005, 10:34 AM
WOW- That's some feedback!
Those of you who think x-planers SHOULD have to wait longer then a MSRP order are wrong. If you have access to save money, why would you pass it up? My guess is that your company is not a vendor for Ford and you have no access to anyone who does.

If my 05 does NOT get built b/c of x-plan, I won't be happy. I would rather of made a deal to pay MSRP to get the car on time rather then get the run around.

I have all my info and I will not give up on my 05 order (although my rep is trying to make me). I told the sales manager I will be ordering another car (06) with a new deposit to sure that up.

As for SHAME on FORD- hey, a company like Acura would work 24-7 to get a car like this out - where is the overtime Ford? It's a shame b/c many people are going to get something else after waiting 6 months.

Think about the poor smuck that has a car on order, but no idea what's going on out there. Only to find out in a few weeks their car won't be build as a 05 - at least we can see it coming!
It has nothing to do with Xplan. You'll find plenty of xplan people here who have received their cars, you will also find plenty of A/Z plan people like me who have received their cars. You'll conversely find a lot of NON-x plan (or any plan) people who haven't received their cars. It all has to do with allocation and nothing at all to do with X-plan. Your dealer gets a certain number of GTs a month, if you go to a smaller dealer, he has less. It all depends what number he places you on the queue. SOme dealers will place you lower on the queue if you're x plan simply because they can sell that same spot you would take for $3000 over invoice. Some, like my dealer, sell so many cars and want to establish a relationship with a buyer that they'll give you an allocation spot regardless. But to keep saying xplans arent being built is untrue. Its all ALLOCATION. Your car possibly not being built is because you didn't nag the dealer repeatedly like a lot of us to make sure you had a high enough allocation while you waited to ensure you would get built this year. When I first ordered my GT premium in December 2004, I had researched allocation before I even ordered and I shopped dealers, till I found a general manager (and I talked to noone less than the GM) who told me in no uncertain terms that my A/Z plan order would not affect my allocation, and that I would get the next spot in line, and I did. It took 4 months to get my GT, but the person one spot above mine also had a 4 month wait. The dealership I went to was also the largest volume dealer in Washington and had a large allocation, so I did research on that too. And by the way, I called my dealer every week for the past 4 months, and I asked the same question. It wasn't are A-plans being built, it was simple, what spot am I? And how many cars are there above mine? And how many slots do you have a month? Those are the questions you should have nagged your dealership with every week. Ford is cranking out as many as it can, with the shortages and all the legal troubles, theyre going to produce what? hundreds of thousands, a huge increase over last year. This isnt a low production car. In this day and age, 200,000 a year is a HUGE number. Simply put, if you're calling your dealer and status checking and getting anything other than a "there are 3 cars now ahead of you" and then "there are 2 cars now ahead of you", etc. then it's time to realize your dealer is jerking you around. That's the only type of status for unscheduled vehicles you should be getting.
Old 5/5/05, 04:48 PM

I have had no problems at all with my order I called my deraler on 4/5/05 and asked him how long it would take to get a car or if it was even possible. he told me to give him a few days. I told him what i wanted and three days later he had a VIN for me. I called him a few weeks later told him i had just found out my Co offeres X plan and he said no problem. Sticker is 27,250 for our car and X plan cost is 25,015.00 so we saved huge. You just have to find the right dealer. The ford Store of Morgan Hill Ca is where I wnet through. jack Kitterman is my dealer. Below is the info I got from Blueovalnews.com about my order all the way through.

Hlifino - System Update
1ZVFT82H655209656

Receipt Date: 4/6/2005
Serialize Date: 4/7/2005
Segment Date: 4/7/2005
Sequence Date: 4/18/2005
Blend Date: 4/19/2005
Produced Date: 4/27/2005
Gate Release Date: 4/27/2005
Ship Date: 4/27/2005
Arrival Date:
Sold Date: