2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Shipped by Convoy Carrier -Less than 300 miles ?

Search this Thread

Old 3/28/05, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I read somewhere that if your dealership is within 300 miles of Flat Rock , MI your car will be shipped by Convoy Carrier directly to your Dealership. That means no railcars, etc. Does anybody know if this is true ??? My car was shipped via Convoy Carrier as of March 23rd. No updates since then. According to Mapquest, it is 276 miles from my dealership to Flat Rock. Should I be receiving my car within a day or two, that is if there are no holdups ? I'm REALLY starting to get impatient ! Can anyone enlighten me on this subject ?
Old 3/28/05, 12:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm not sure how Ford works whether or not a car is sent Rail or Convoy Carrier. I think that most vehicles are sent from the AAI plant via Rail to a regional holding area and then sent via Convoy Carrier to the dealership. It would make sense that Ford shipped cars in a certain area by convoy carrier because they are so close.

I do know average wait times for people after their car is built run about 2 to 3 weeks. I know here on the west coast it takes about 3 weeks to be delivered to the dealership.
Old 3/28/05, 12:22 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by MissMustang@March 28, 2005, 11:53 AM
I read somewhere that if your dealership is within 300 miles of Flat Rock , MI your car will be shipped by Convoy Carrier directly to your Dealership. That means no railcars, etc. Does anybody know if this is true ??? My car was shipped via Convoy Carrier as of March 23rd. No updates since then. According to Mapquest, it is 276 miles from my dealership to Flat Rock. Should I be receiving my car within a day or two, that is if there are no holdups ? I'm REALLY starting to get impatient ! Can anyone enlighten me on this subject ?
If there are any Stangs on the lot, swing by your dealership and check out the sticker. It specifies which mode of transportation is used.