2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

SHIPPED!

Search this Thread

Old 2/17/05, 03:21 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I called the imfamous number, and got the message your car has been shipped by convoy carrier as of the 16th. Does Anyone Know how long it will take from michigan plant to St. Louis by convoy carrier. Any responses thank you! I Cant wait much longer.
Old 2/17/05, 03:26 PM
Cobra Member

Each case is different.
Old 2/17/05, 03:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

I am in K.C. read my timeline. Good luck.
Michael
Old 2/17/05, 04:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by manystangs@February 17, 2005, 4:38 PM
I am in K.C. read my timeline. Good luck.
Michael
Dude, you can travel through time! Your car shipped on 2/11 but you picked it up on 1/15!

Sean
Old 2/17/05, 05:44 PM
V6 Member

AZ OU Fan...

I ordered my car from Five Star Ford in Scottsdale. Where did you order?

My car went straight from Clean Unscheduled to a scheduled build week of 2/28.

Did you find out your car was serialized on the phone?

Maybe our cars will ride the train together.

Thanks Bill B
Old 2/17/05, 05:46 PM
GT Member

Sodaman, what was your build date?
Old 2/17/05, 06:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by xr7g428@February 17, 2005, 6:47 PM
AZ OU Fan...

Thanks Bill B
I ordered from Galpin Ford in Prescott. I work with a lady who's nephew works in the shop, and her family has purchased cars from there for the last 20 years. They ordered at $500 over invoice, it's a nice drive, and I like dealing with people with good reputations and that come recommended.

I used to own a Lincoln Mark VIII and Dan Newman in the Parts Dept. at Five Star was always a joy to work with. If he's still there, make sure you deal with him on any parts that you need. He's a great guy and will always make sure you are satisfied.

Yes, I found out the car was serialized on the phone, it was on a Thursday. I received a build date the following Monday, then an earlier build date the following week. I think we should keep in touch, I probably won't be able to be at the dealership when it comes off the truck, but I would be interested to see if my car is on the same truck if you are able to see yours getting unloaded. Maybe you could just have them unload mine and I could do my paperwork over the phone!

Sean
Old 2/18/05, 09:49 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by azoufan+February 17, 2005, 8:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(azoufan @ February 17, 2005, 8:01 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-xr7g428@February 17, 2005, 6:47 PM
AZ OU Fan...

Thanks Bill B
I ordered from Galpin Ford in Prescott. I work with a lady who's nephew works in the shop, and her family has purchased cars from there for the last 20 years. They ordered at $500 over invoice, it's a nice drive, and I like dealing with people with good reputations and that come recommended.

I used to own a Lincoln Mark VIII and Dan Newman in the Parts Dept. at Five Star was always a joy to work with. If he's still there, make sure you deal with him on any parts that you need. He's a great guy and will always make sure you are satisfied.

Yes, I found out the car was serialized on the phone, it was on a Thursday. I received a build date the following Monday, then an earlier build date the following week. I think we should keep in touch, I probably won't be able to be at the dealership when it comes off the truck, but I would be interested to see if my car is on the same truck if you are able to see yours getting unloaded. Maybe you could just have them unload mine and I could do my paperwork over the phone!

Sean
[/b][/quote]
No Problem...

I will let you know when ever I get an update on my car.

Thanks, Bill B
Old 2/18/05, 09:53 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by sodaman@February 17, 2005, 4:24 PM
I called the imfamous number, and got the message your car has been shipped by convoy carrier as of the 16th. Does Anyone Know how long it will take from michigan plant to St. Louis by convoy carrier. Any responses thank you! I Cant wait much longer.
What dealer did you order from and when? I ordered a MG with red leather on 1/22 from Bo Beuckman. My order is still clean/unscheduled. I hope it doesn't take too long for your car to arrive because I know I would be going nuts if I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck!
Old 2/18/05, 12:57 PM
Cobra R Member

ordered 11/8/04, build week was 2/7/04, as of 15th shipped convoy carrier. Hope to see it soon. Went to a gt sale today at sunset ford in st. louis, has 6 gt's out there today so far, only one automatic, which was white, so did not buy. I test drove the manual and did'nt real think I wanted a manual for a daily driver. So I guess I am still waiting, hope to see soon, as I cant stand driving a vw bus for much longer.
Old 2/18/05, 04:01 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by sodaman@February 18, 2005, 2:00 PM
ordered 11/8/04, build week was 2/7/04, as of 15th shipped convoy carrier. Hope to see it soon. Went to a gt sale today at sunset ford in st. louis, has 6 gt's out there today so far, only one automatic, which was white, so did not buy. I test drove the manual and did'nt real think I wanted a manual for a daily driver. So I guess I am still waiting, hope to see soon, as I cant stand driving a vw bus for much longer.
So, where did you order your's at? I emailed Sunset about that sale and they had 10, but I bet they sold quick. They had one Mineral Grey, but it didn't have the red interior that I wanted. Oh well, here's to waiting!
Old 2/18/05, 05:02 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by fastball25+February 18, 2005, 5:04 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fastball25 @ February 18, 2005, 5:04 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-sodaman@February 18, 2005, 2:00 PM
So, where did you order your's at? I emailed Sunset about that sale and they had 10, but I bet they sold quick. They had one Mineral Grey, but it didn't have the red interior that I wanted. Oh well, here's to waiting!
[/b][/quote]
I ordered at mcmahon.

I went to sunset they had a mineral grey, yellow w/stripes, red w/stripes, white,silver, etc. only automatic they had was white, all rest were stickshifts. They all had 1000 shaker and interior upgrade, but not with the red seats. I was looking at a car they had on the computer tho, that was white auto with red interior. If you are interested talk to scott powers at sunset, tell him a guy named dan told you about it. He had written down the number. But no go again there for me. Mine hopefully should be here soon anyway and it is cheaper than those out there anyway.
good luck
Old 2/22/05, 09:16 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by sodaman@February 17, 2005, 4:24 PM
My car was shipped by convoy carrier to the St. Louis area - at least it was supposed to be - Feb. 5. And I still don't have it. But what are three weeks amongst friends? It's not like I actually would like to drive the car that I paid $28,000 for. :angry:
Old 2/22/05, 09:47 PM
FR500 Member

what i dont get is how i ordered before some people and they r serialized and have a build date already. does it have anything to do with my dealer?? cuz im starting to get impatient