2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

To ship or not to ship

Search this Thread

Old 4/22/05, 02:41 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Starting to get really depressed here. Dealer told me build week of 4/4 with delivery the week of 4/18. On 4/19, the dealer tells me the car is built, but no rail car assignment yet. Stopped by today after my business trip, and now the dealer says its built and at the ramp awaiting shipping, and that it will be delivered the end of the month. I kow I should be happy, but I read through this forum and see you guys that had the same build week have posted that you have received your cars. I've even seen some posts of people with build week of 4/11 and they already have taken delivery. I hope my dealer isn;t just giving me a line of BS. About the only decent info he has given me is the VIN #. Does anyone know of anyway to check the status myself with just the VIN#? The dealer would not give me the DORA that has the needed info to call the ERL. Anyone?
Old 4/22/05, 02:43 PM
Cobra Member

Just keep on your dealer.

Will knowing do much, you can't speed it up. You will forget as soon as you get the car.
Old 4/22/05, 02:46 PM
FR500 Member

altoid has a perfect point....it will all be forgotten when we get our cars
Old 4/22/05, 02:57 PM
Bullitt Member

The only thing you might try is the Customer Service number on the Ford website. When you talk to a person, you can tell them that you want to check the status of an ordered unit and give them what you have (VIN# and dealer name).
Old 4/22/05, 03:51 PM
Cobra R Member

Hang in there Steve..... at least you will get a full summer of enjoyment out of it.
Old 4/22/05, 03:52 PM
Bullitt Member

It will come. I had the 4/4 build week, with an initial ETA of next week. I called my dealer this afternoon.

From here it gets interesting. I live in Regina SK, which happens to be where the rail yard, for this region is. However, I orderd from a dealer 400kms away in my home town.

As of today, my car is in Regina, and off the train. They have to drive it to my home town now, by truck. The dealer said that they can take no longer than 5 days, as he has to pay for the car when it arrives at the train yard. Therefore, I should have the car by next friday.

Don't worry. Once it is on the train, its a matter of days, not weeks. It will come.
Old 4/22/05, 06:08 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by RottenRonny@April 22, 2005, 5:55 PM
It will come. I had the 4/4 build week, with an initial ETA of next week. I called my dealer this afternoon.

From here it gets interesting. I live in Regina SK, which happens to be where the rail yard, for this region is. However, I orderd from a dealer 400kms away in my home town.

As of today, my car is in Regina, and off the train. They have to drive it to my home town now, by truck. The dealer said that they can take no longer than 5 days, as he has to pay for the car when it arrives at the train yard. Therefore, I should have the car by next friday.

Don't worry. Once it is on the train, its a matter of days, not weeks. It will come.
That was realy my initial point Rotten. You and I had the same build week, and you at least know your car has been shipped via rail. Mine is still sitting in Michigan. And I flew through Detroit on my way home from my business trip. Wish I could have stopped and picked it up myself. But thanks for the encouragement folks. Except for Altoid. I sort of figured if he would respond it would be his typical "who cares about anyone else cause I already have my car" attitude.