2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Shaker problems...

Search this Thread

Old 4/6/05, 03:36 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know this has been discussed some, so don't flame me. But my Shaker audio jumps up and down all the time, and will sometimes say "Bad Disc" and eject my CD. I have the full 500 Premium Warranty that covers the audio for problems and such, so what do I need to do?
Old 4/6/05, 03:45 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

You need to go to the dealer and order a B series Shaker.

Although, I have a B(I am on shaker #2) and get the occasional bad disc still.
Old 4/6/05, 03:52 PM
V6 Member

When did you get your car?

I just got mine last week. It's the shaker 1000 and I haven't had any problems. I've been burning mp3 cds in addition to playing retail cds. I belive there is a way to check what model you have by pushing the 1 and 6 buttons at the same time. Someone previously posted a procedure on how to do this. If you have an older unit a, they've had a lot of problems. Most people are ok with the newer units.

In any case, the radio should be covered by the 3year/30,000 mile warranty. Not sure what you are referring to with the "full 500 Premium warranty".

Good luck!
Old 4/6/05, 08:18 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@April 6, 2005, 4:48 PM
You need to go to the dealer and order a B series Shaker.

Although, I have a B(I am on shaker #2) and get the occasional bad disc still.
How can you tell if it's a B series? I get the occasional Bad Disk and some skipping too.
Old 4/7/05, 08:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by JPutnam277@April 6, 2005, 3:39 PM
I know this has been discussed some, so don't flame me. But my Shaker audio jumps up and down all the time, and will sometimes say "Bad Disc" and eject my CD. I have the full 500 Premium Warranty that covers the audio for problems and such, so what do I need to do?
Just becasue I can't resist sarcasim;

If you know it has been discussed before, then you would have seen that it tells you what to do.

The dealer now has a TSB to replace the defective stereo. They will have to verify there is a problem and have to order a new radio for you. Mind you I think there will be a wait for a new radio. My dealer (at that time) said it was an 11 week wait. I am not sure it will actually be 11 weeks, but I have heard of others having to wait also.

How can you tell if it's a B series?
You can tell if it is a B series by turning the radio on, then press the 3 and 6 button at the same time. It will run thru a system test and at the end a number will show up.

But if EleanorsMine has problems with a B series, and I think I read others have too, there is no benefit to having a B series.
Old 4/7/05, 09:17 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Not constant problems mind you.
Since I had it installed it has kicked out brand new store bought Cds as bad 3-4 times. No rewinds and song skipping anymore. Which as many times a day as I play cds is a blessing.
Old 4/7/05, 09:24 AM
FR500 Member

In the meantime, next time it happens, power the unit off, and then power it on again. That little tidbit has saved more than few people from going insane
Old 4/7/05, 09:30 AM
GT Member

set to FM, hold down 3 and 6

after all the tests the number at the end should end with either an A or a B
Old 4/7/05, 09:39 AM
Bullitt Member

dave_bought_another_black_stang's Avatar

I have a series B, and it still ejects "bad discs" despite being able to turn off the stereo and reinsert into a different slot and it works just fine. Also, if you eject an mp3 disc that has so many songs on it, and insert a new mp3 disc that has different songs but the same quantitiy of songs, it reads the tracks as the previous cd, but plays the new songs...really strange kind of like it has a memory or something. They definitely have some quality control issues.....I really wish they put out a very specific manual like you get if you go buy a stereo. The users manual is not in depth enough. The thing sounds great, especially the new Motley Crue Red White and Crue Best of CD....they will be in Jax next week...WOO HOO
Old 4/7/05, 10:18 AM
GT Member

The dealer now has a TSB to replace the defective stereo. They will have to verify there is a problem and have to order a new radio for you. Mind you I think there will be a wait for a new radio. My dealer (at that time) said it was an 11 week wait. I am not sure it will actually be 11 weeks, but I have heard of others having to wait also.
In '94 when I picked up my current mustang, when I had problems
with the radio they would remove it, send it back to ford, and call
me when the new one came in. I certainly hope this is no longer
the protocol especially if there is an 11 week wait.