Sponsored by:

seriously though...

Search this Thread

Old 11/13/04, 06:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

ok...

i just wanna lay down a semi-rant about the stupidity of some drivers out there. i guess i can't really quilify this as a 'retard in a ricer' since he was driving a focus, but the gauges, neon, and coffee can exhaust tell me otherwise.

anyhow...

my friends and i were going to catch a late movie last night and were heading down a pretty major road out here in katy, texas. i was driving my 05 and had a friend riding with me. another friend of mine was in front of me in his small pickup. the road is 6 lanes wide: 3 lanes in each direction + 1 suicide lane.

i was crusing along in the center lane and all of a sudden the 'tard in the focus pulls up to the right of me and starts reving his engine and waving his figers like "come on..." i'm not really interested in racing since we were in HEAVY traffic, but this kid didn't seem to care or notice. i really didn't pay attention to him, but my friend was saying, "dood, he's calling you out!" i replied with an "he's an idiot if the thinks there is any room for this." every car was basically creeping along with 1 car length or less between them.

at this point we were getting close to the turn we needed to take and i had to get in front of my friend in the small pickup so he would be able to follow me. i move in behind the focus and i guess the kid though i was ready to go. he guns it and swerves hard to the left, barely missing the SUV that was in front of him, and nearly clipping my friend in the pickup. my friend swerves out of the way nearly slamming in to a car that was to his left.

i of course couldn't have raced if i wanted to, there is abosolutly NO ROOM for this. regardless the idiot who nearly caused the accident turns on his hazzards to declare vicorty over me in a race i never even competed in. i mean seriously...hazzards? for what? having a small car that darted between two cars to victory? finally...he sped off, muffler blaring all the way with a sense of pride that he blew the doors off a new mustang i'm sure.

we made it to the movies all right, but my friend in the truck was very shaken by the near-hit experience on the way to the theater.

i'm not entirely sure if there is a moral to this tale other than: be safe when you're racing...you're life isn't the only one in your hands. i guess i just needed to get a little irritation off my chest.

so if any of you 05 owners are rolling around h-town and you see a focus with a lot of blue gauges and the monstor tac mounted on their dash, give 'em heck for me.
Old 11/13/04, 06:43 PM
Bullitt Member

There are alot of "Crazy" drivers out in the Houston/Katy area! What is your insurance like on your 05? What company?
Old 11/13/04, 06:45 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Your right, I don't get that crap.

Stupid people who try to pull that junk off in traffic.

Actually, friday night, I was driving home on the 407 and this absolute jackass on a bike comes WHIPPING by doing at least 140km/h on the SHOULDER....
kicks up a stone and puts a nice chip in the winshield.

I hate bikes....only because most are drivin by morons
Old 11/13/04, 06:47 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
??? Sounds like that idiot around town in the silver focus with 15" Pep Boys spinners, purple neon on a GIGANTIC TITANIC spoiler, FAKE side exhaust NAIlED on to the car with a Folgers can on the back... gosh the idiot was revving his engine beside our JEEP. I thought there was a friggin go-kart behind us...
Old 11/13/04, 06:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

He can plaster that Focus with as many gauges and fart cans as he wants, and he still wouldn't have had a prayer against you.

Personally, I would've just pointed at his car...then at yourself...as if to say, "you mean ya wanna race?" and then made like I was laughing my hiney off. The alternative is just to look at him, laugh your hiney off and shake your head, as if to say, "Get serious, dude."

Take it as a compliment. People see it...they know it's fast...so they wanna engage you.

Pity there wasn't lots of room - you would've walked him into last year!
Old 11/13/04, 06:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by ZERO@November 13, 2004, 7:42 PM
ok...

coffee can exhaust tell me otherwise.

anyhow...

dood, he's calling you out!"
I hate those fart pipes too. By the way...whats a dood
Old 11/13/04, 06:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Heh I own a SVTF with mild mods, and the V6 will give it a good run for its money in a straight line(if not beat it), and it takes tons of bucks to make a stock foci as fast as an svt. What a tool. :notnice:
Old 11/13/04, 07:34 PM
Cobra R Member

Wow.....there are some really stupid drivers out there I guess he's watched those fast and furious movies about a zillion times too many
Old 11/13/04, 07:56 PM
Queen Of Nascar

What an idiot he was......could have just as easily of been reading about him in the paper in the morning..Thank goodness no one was hurt!
Old 11/13/04, 08:09 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hopefully he doesn't kill anyone with his stupidity

no wonder insurance is so high for young males
Old 11/13/04, 08:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Boomer@November 13, 2004, 7:48 PM
I hate mustangs...only because most are driven by morons.

Actually, I don't, but I just wanted to let you know that I don't appreciate your statement. It's kinda ignorant.

I've ridden a bike for 10 years, and I've never even gotten close to getting into an accident except when people in cars have done stupid things in front of me.
Old 11/13/04, 08:53 PM
GT Member

There is only one place racing should take place....the track! I enjoy a good race from the stop light like the next guy, but I quit when I hit the speed limit. It is not worth the permenant damage that can be done to others, let alone yourself. You can't cure stupidity though. I'm a teacher, believe me I have tried.
Old 11/13/04, 09:01 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Sounds like one of mine!
Old 11/13/04, 09:05 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Boomer@November 13, 2004, 7:48 PM

I got in one accident on my bike. A car pulled out in front of me, I was going under the speed limit. Now if you mean moron for riding a motorcycle on the same streets where the kid in the Focus and other Ricers drive, then maybe you've got a point. Fact- a few morons on bikes can stereotype the whole group. Fact- most motorcycle accidents are caused by the people driving the cars. However- we all need to do our part to stay safe. I'm buying my Mustang to satisfy my HP itch after selling my bike, just didn't feel safe on it anymore. B)
Old 11/13/04, 09:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

I hate people that have this stupid ricer mentality where they know they've got a less powerful car than you and yet they still push your hand to race them. It makes no sense at all. They know they're gonna lose and they can't afford the $$$ for expensive mods, but yet they drive like they're the shiznits. Morons...
Old 11/14/04, 08:15 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
My statement about a moron bike rider and this moron focus driver are valid.
Obviously not all are.

Its the same with these ricer types, who think they are gods on the road. The MORONS ruin it for the whole crowd. Same goes with bikes.
Ask anyone.

Obviously because you have one, you're going to defend it.
If your not a moron, and drive a bike, then I wasn't talking about you
Old 11/14/04, 08:32 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Shea+November 13, 2004, 9:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shea @ November 13, 2004, 9:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Boomer@November 13, 2004, 7:48 PM
I hate mustangs...only because most are driven by morons.

Actually, I don't, but I just wanted to let you know that I don't appreciate your statement. It's kinda ignorant.

I've ridden a bike for 10 years, and I've never even gotten close to getting into an accident except when people in cars have done stupid things in front of me. [/b][/quote]
I personally have witnessed MANY very safe, law abiding bikers. HOWEVER, I have also witnessed just as many if not MORE idiots on bikes doing things that basically indicate they are just an accident waiting to happen. Majority of these bikers run the crotch rockets. It seems young guys (18-24) on these bikes just feel as if they're indestructable. I avoid these guys like the plague if I see them on the highway. More than likely when they get into an accident, there will be cars in the general vicinity effected as well.
Old 11/14/04, 08:49 AM
Cam Tease

yea, ricers are gay.....and thats why im publishing this in my school paper:

= paragraph indentation, (for some reason the tabs wouldnt show up on my post)

To Tune is to Ruin: Part 1
Nearly every four-cylinder, front-wheel-drive (FWD), fuel-sipping car imported to American shores in this decade has been built with regard to exacting standards of quality and engineered with inspired ingenuity.
These Civics, Accords, Integras, Camrys, Corollas, Eclipses, Lancers, and others are testaments to the truly brilliant automotive minds that designed them, as these cars fill their role perfectly; that is, they provide safe, dependable, and affordable transportation to millions of drivers. What these embodiments of basic practical transportation are not intended to do, and cannot do without sacrificing the very practicality for which they were made, is accelerate to 60 mph in four seconds, cover all 24.358 kilometers of the Nürburgring in record time, top-out at 200 miles per hour, and still retain drivability. The manufacturers who built these cars never intended or made them to be high-performers, and enthusiasts that would attempt to attain this would be better served focusing their energies elsewhere.
These econo-car’s practicality inspired drivetrains usually utilize a small sub-2.0-liter engine and a correspondingly pragmatic transmission. Such mild ingredients show the cars obviously have a dedication to sensibility baked right in; and equally obvious, is the fact that these cars were not cooked up for spicy record-breaking performance. Ultra-efficient VTEC (Honda)/MIVEC (Mitsubishi)/VTT-i (Toyota) four-cylinders generate a respectable amount of power-- usually between 120-150 horsepower--considering they are about 1/3 the size of GM's 320hp LT1 and they provide the car with 28 miles worth of motivation for just one gallon of gas. These high-tech mills provide ample power in these lightweight applications because with such little mass to overcome. The modest engines can move the cars with enough vigor to satiate the average driver's need for judicious speed. Unfortunately, when "tuners" modify these engines, they sacrifice the engines perfectly calibrated balance, which results in a loss of reliability, fuel-efficiency, and even the warranty, all in the name of a few more horsepower.
These utilitarian cars use a front-wheel-drive layout, which means the cars front wheels are the ones actually turned by engine-produced torque. FWD grants the car more livable steering in adverse driving conditions such as snow and ice, than an RWD-equipped car. The RWD cars poor on-ice handling is due to the fact that the mass of the car is being pushed by the rear-wheels, which results in poor traction and can result in fish-tailing. In a FWD car, the mass is being "pulled" in whatever direction the front wheels are pointed, and accordingly the driver is able to control the vehicle much more effectively when on the slick-stuff. But, the advantages of FWD are not comprehensive, as being "pulled" certainly has its downsides, especially when the driver is pushing the car to its high-speed cornering limits. The front wheels in all cars, FWD, RWD, and AWD are saddled with the responsibility to turn left and right to steer the car, but in FWD cars, the job for these wheels becomes much more difficult, as they must turn from side to side and put the engines power to the ground. This forced double tasking often overwhelms the front wheels, resulting with the car fighting the driver’s steering inputs. This becomes even more of a problem as the engine is modified, because as the power increases, the cooperation and responsiveness of the handling decreases. This occurrence is known in enthusiast circles as "torque steer," and is the primary factor why die-hard purists shun FWD in performance applications. When tuners modify the engines in their cars to produce even just fifty more horsepower, they not only give up the aforementioned benefits of a stock vehicle, but they also exacerbate the torque-steer and lose high-speed handling capabilities.
Whether acting as grocery-getters, econo-cars, or basic transportation, these ubiquitous vehicles come stock with the ability to fulfill many roles simultaneously--being a street-legal racer is not one of them. Although these car’s roots most certainly do not lie in drag racing or the 24 hours of Le Mans, they come stock equipped with competent power and handling to meet the average driver's expectation. The nimble agility and sufficient accelerative grunt can be enjoyed while preserving the car’s ability to fill its primary duties, as long as drivers do not demand and strive to attain more from their machines through expensive and unreliable modifications. Econo/practical car tuning is one of the most self-defeating, counter-productive trends in the automotive world today. Efficient 2.0-liter engines and FWD layouts are great for those needing outstandingly practical basic transportation, but the combination is a poor start if the buyer's destination is speed. The "tuners" pay-- a lot-- for modifications that decay the true purpose of their formerly great cars. An enthusiast's money would be better spent buying a car designed to perform, rather than modifying a Civic or such into an unreliable, harsh-riding, torque-steer afflicted, foolish looking, warranty voided, but slightly more powerful contradiction in terms: a fast econo-car.
Old 11/14/04, 08:51 AM
GT Member

This talk about racing reminds me of this one time one of my friends has a 90 Camaro with a Inline 6 and he drives it around like its an SS well he was following me to a different town and he decided to get stupid and show off. We was already going about 60 and he got up to my door and I floored. He tried so hard to catch up with me. That was when I cared about racing. personally I dont give a rats butt about racing, but i wouldnt mind having the power to back it up.
Old 11/14/04, 09:00 AM

I have to apologize. This guy in the focus was probably from my generation (i'm 19). Alot of them don't understand that an economy car probably can't beat a mustang stock (no doubt he's a ricer at heart). Or maybe that there is a reason for a fast car like the mustang to have a motor twice as big as almost any focus out there. If I ever pull up to a 2005 mustang gt in anything that has less than 250 horsepower, I would just honk and give a thumbs up. Maybe he'll learn one day before it's too late.

Quick Reply: seriously though...