2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saw a new 'Mineral Grey' GT in Longview, WA

Search this Thread

Old 3/3/05, 03:39 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My GF and I were cruising town yesterday, and I met a Mineral Grey at a stop light coming opposite direction. I waved and gave a big thumbs up, and he looked right at me and didn't even acknowledge.......then I saw the same car/guy in the drive thru at Taco Time where we were going for lunch. I again waved, and he just stared and didn't even acknowledge again. Oh well......I won't wave again next time I pass/meet him. Maybe he was jealous that he didn't get "Torch Red on Red"???? I was kinda surprised that a fellow owner wasn't a little bit more cordial........... Later guys and gals. I just moved into a Condo and haven't got my DSL as yet, so I am just chiming in from a Library Computer for the day (Free). I miss the daily comraderie.....and hopefully I'm up and running again soon. BTW, the Satin Silver that I ordered way back when has came in and been sold, but I have not seen it as yet. The salesman told me that it had to come back in the shop because apparently they put the wrong engine mounts in the car??? This is what he told me anyway, and that they had V-6 mounts....or something like that. I'm not a mechanic at all, so I don't know all the details.....but he did tell me that the car was shaking to beat all get out before they corrected the problem.
Old 3/3/05, 03:56 PM
GT Member

Yeah.. what a jerk.. I would definitely return a thumbs up to any of my fellow Stangians.. no matter which year they're driving.
Old 3/3/05, 04:09 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

Welcome back Giddyup...I was wondering what became of you!!
Old 3/3/05, 04:25 PM
Bullitt Member

I always return the thumbs up, or wave back to all the people who have acknowledged what a fine looking Stang they are seeing as I drive along. After almost five months of ownership, and driving her every day, today is just like the first, with multitudes of people either commenting about how nice she looks, or giving me a wave or thumbs up. Watching in the mirrors at pedestrians walking along the road, I continue seeing them turn around to look again as I'm driving past. What a great feeling it is every day.
Jack
Old 3/3/05, 06:04 PM
Cobra Member

I would definitely wave back to anyone who waved at me. Just a common courtesy. I've grown accustomed to waving at people while driving around rural Virginia. It was one of the things I noticed was different from cruising around suburban New York; people generally tended to be a little friendlier, even to total strangers. Once a guy in a yellow Mustang waved at me while I was driving my '01 coupe through downtown Richmond. I was surprised, but returned the gesture just the same. I think he was acknowledging me as another 'Stang owner.
Old 3/3/05, 06:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Forget about him

I have been looking for another )%
Old 3/3/05, 06:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Forget about him

I have been looking for another 05 just to share see how much they love the car. I've had mine since November and the reaction that I get is the same as the first day. My friends and co-workers still ask me how much I love my girl. I think that I love it more than the first day I got it.
Old 3/3/05, 07:23 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There's always at least one bad apple in a bushel...
Old 3/3/05, 08:06 PM
GT Member

Maybe he was on an extended test drive and was just mad because he knew he couldn't afford the car. ;>
Old 3/3/05, 08:06 PM
FR500 Member

That's too bad. Maybe he was jealous because he wants to be the only one with a Mustang. I have to admit... when I would see a Mustang after I first got mine I would get a little jealous... you know, I wasn't the only one. But I would still honk and give the thumbs up. Especially if they did it to me first. That's equivalent to you knodding to a guy walking by you, and he looks away or doesn't knod back. That's grounds for words, if you know what I mean. But I doubt he didn't respond back because he was jealous of your color choice. I also have Mineral Grey and would not change this color for any other color except maybe Titanium. But there are people out there who just aren't very friendly. What are you going to do?
Old 3/3/05, 08:58 PM

I live in Longview washington. I ordered a mineral grey gt also. Mine was built yesterday. Ive seen you in your torch red. You live by fred meyers. I live by the lake. I will gladly wave to you.
Old 3/3/05, 09:14 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

The other day I passed Don(68fuelinjected) on the way home and we waved at each other- he was in his 05 too, two seconds later behind him there was a blonde chick in a black 05 gt, She gave me the dirty look, I mistook her for someone else and waved to her too. I felt bad for about 3 seconds.

If shes looking to be the only 05, shes in the wrong zip.

I get mixed reviews- some mustangs hate me, some love me, most other cars and trucks love me too. Roll with it I guess.
Old 3/3/05, 09:38 PM

thats what its all about when you see a fellow stanger specially in an 05 you have to give a head nod or a wave
Old 3/3/05, 09:41 PM
V6 Member

Wow, that is wierd. I have a MG GT here in the small town of Mount Dora (Fla) and saw a torch red '05 coming at me last weekend (downtown, slow speed of 20mph) and I waived and gave the "thumbs up" out the window............and the guy ignored me as well! :scratch: Strange world sometimes.............so do not think ALL MG owners are strange ! B)
Old 3/3/05, 10:02 PM
GT Member

I passed a MG GT vert with ICAP and was pretty excited to see it (the firs vert I've seen) and gave the guy a big and nothin! If I was him I would have been glad to give a thumbs up while sitting in such an awesome car.
Old 3/3/05, 10:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Becareful driving those '05's through the speed trap across the river, known as Clatskanie. Class of '86.
Old 3/3/05, 11:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

People who want to own the only car in the zip code shouldn't be buying Mustangs. I just brought mine home today & actually met a 05 WB V6 on the way home, not in my county, but I am sure I will see it around. In fact we saw about 30 or so Mustangs between my house & the dealership (approx 95 miles) round trip. And I swear we met the same Silver stang twice, once on the way down & once back, because it had the same right front top hood damage.

Seriously, out of curisoity, I have counted the Mustangs that I saw on my College's parking lot, I got at least 15 on two different occasions (those were the ones I noticed, I didn't go looking for them). So, I don't expect to have the only car in the neighborhood but at least my car will be alittle less common for a while.

Some people though are just snobs, & it's those snobs that can give the rest of us owners to have a bad rep. We just have to continue being friendly to those who warrant it.

We stopped in town at Wal-Mart on the way home & getting in the car a guy had just backed out & was going down our lane in a Pontiac, he stopped, rolled down the window & complimented us on the car. We were friendly & curtious to him & he was too. So manybe those of us who are friendly will out weight the snobs out there.

BTW ~ April ~ How in the world could anyone hate you? You have more fun then anyone I have seen on the board. Well except maybe for Jessica. You two would defiently be a toss up.

Anyway. Sorry for the long post. Laters.
~*~Kera~*~
Old 3/4/05, 02:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Giddyup@March 3, 2005, 4:42 PM
BTW, the Satin Silver that I ordered way back when has came in and been sold, but I have not seen it as yet.
And we wonder why there are such long waits for orders.
Old 3/4/05, 05:02 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I got the evil eye from a spectacular silver 04 at a light last week. I was admiring his car, he gave me a go to hades look.
Bizarro Eleanor hates me too. I got the first yellow around here, and I guess he thinks I copied him even though his came home in January.

Down here there in my zip are ten tons of 05s. five of them including me of them are friendly. Most mornings I follow A legend lime gt into my kids school, and most mornings I follow Don's grey GT back from school. I also pass a silver v6 on the way home(and this is a 5 minute drive).There is a red gt the next town up I know as well.
I go out every day just to drive around, and I never see less than two other 05s. Usually not the same ones.

I have a blast in mine. The dump truck drivers who notice the car are the most fun....
Old 3/4/05, 06:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I will always wave back to some one. With this car you get it allot right now. I go to the sonic just to talk to the manager that has a 05 stang. It's always cool to talk to folks about cars. Some folks just want to have the only one (new car) around. I would not be surprised if you see the same guy in the next big car to come out. As for me I plan on keeping this car for a long time. :P

Quick Reply: Saw a new 'Mineral Grey' GT in Longview, WA