2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Saw the new, canadian Ford Ad

Search this Thread

Old 9/6/04, 12:44 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the hopes of a more on topic thread... (again, sorry)

I sat through the first two periods of the Finland vs Germany hockey game, partly for the hockey but partly cause dan said he saw a new ford ad on CBC during the Canada vs Russia game.
Just as i was about to give up, what do i see but a Ford GT grace my television for the first time.
I think they had two cars, one silver of sorts, and the other the red with white stripes, with some footage of the Superbowl commercial. No car sounds though, just some guy talking with ambient music stuff.
Then they show a red mustang (the darker of the two reds i believe.. uhhh, torch red?), then a 500, then a freestyle, then a new super duty F-Series, then an Escape Hybrid. Maybe about 5 seconds on each car...
I didn't really listen to a thing the guy said.
Then a screen with a bunch of floating sentences like: First Hybrid SUV, Largest towing capacity, and so forth... i was looking for something pertaining to the mustang or gt, like "fastest ford ever" or "300hp v8", but i wasna quick enough.

Its very strange that something is happening in canada before in the states, quite the reversal of trends. Man, i've been eating raisin bran crunch for about two years in the states now, and we're only getting it north of the border this summer. Sheesh, lets hope this is a sign of things to come.

Now some canadian guy with a digital recorder sit in front of their TV all day watching world cup hockey.
Old 9/6/04, 01:30 PM
Bullitt Member

hockey and mustang commercials. my wifes not impressed.
Old 9/6/04, 05:18 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I saw that commercial last night. I yelled to my wife "Come here quick, you gotta see this". Well by the time it was over she showed up and said "What did I miss", to which I replied "You're replacement".

And you thought your wife was not happy about hockey and mustangs being combined.
Old 9/6/04, 06:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@September 6, 2004, 5:21 PM
I saw that commercial last night. I yelled to my wife "Come here quick, you gotta see this". Well by the time it was over she showed up and said "What did I miss", to which I replied "You're replacement".

And you thought your wife was not happy about hockey and mustangs being combined.
shows your thinking anyways adrenalin!
Old 9/6/04, 10:54 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Awesome!! Good to have some other witnesses before the rest of the guys and gals think I'm full of it.

They had the redfire car. And they showed a short (few seconds) piece of the trilogy with the mustang driving down the street towards you.

Only saw it 1.5 times (only the end of one commerical) so its hard for me to remember what exactly they showed. But I DO remember it was great to see the stang on the TV!

mustang_sallad, glad you deduced that it would be on during the hockey games.....I meant to imply that but didn't say it outright. Glad you guys saw it
Old 9/7/04, 04:46 PM
Cobra R Member

ya, i'm glad finally all these people who have heard me rant on and on about the new mustang will finally see a glimpse of what i'm talking about.
I keep telling them "its gonna be big, man, you'll see!"
And the people that tell me "ya, but, its a ford" will see the ford GT, although they shoulda showed a clip of that thing smoking a modena, or running head to head with a carrera GT.

by the way, this site has gone nuts! you gotta look to the second page of posts to find a thread you were just talking in.
Old 9/7/04, 07:17 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by mustang_sallad@September 7, 2004, 4:49 PM
by the way, this site has gone nuts! you gotta look to the second page of posts to find a thread you were just talking in.
I agree with ya.

Well I saw the commercial again tonight. My wife saw it with me and said "So that's my replacement huh!" Which I replied "Yup, and right now it's just like you. I can look at it all I want but can't touch it".

Man, that car seat better be as comfortable as some of you guys say it is cause I'll be sleeping in it for weeks.
Old 9/7/04, 10:02 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Me too. Saw the back half of the commercial while flipping. They are running this thing very often.

If I had a digital recorder, I'd record it but there really isn't anything amazing about it. The best thing about it is............. that there is a Ford commercial with the 05's in it.
Old 9/8/04, 01:01 AM
Cobra R Member

Maybe someone could tape game tomm night,and take some digital pics of tv with the frames showing the mustang...go canada go

ps: im thinking don cherry would look pretty good in a sonic blue mustang with a giant white maple leaf on hood...go leafs go lol
Old 9/8/04, 07:35 AM
GT Member

Anything looks good with the Blue and White on it. Go Leafs Go!!